Anyone know what a bridge and concrete mean?

Archives for 2010
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Anyone know what a bridge and concrete mean?

Post by ReBorn »

I have already had 1 dream about a busted up concrete bridge with rebar poking out everywhere,
and my five year old son has had two dreams about a bridge and concrete. (Which confirms to me that this is something I need to find out about)
Thanks!
Love
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

bridges connect 2 places or allow passage over something not so easy to drive on. To me the symbol of a broken or destroyed bridge would mean it was destroyed by the enemy or by past actions (ie the saying burning your bridges). It could also mean just cutting off the connection. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

A second reply for concrete. Concrete to me is a man made structure and the rebar inside of it is what gives the concrete strength or framework.

in Christ,
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Thank you Brian-something to think about!
Love to you
The Lord is my Shepherd
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Generally speaking, a bridge is a connection. It might provide a route over an obstacle, OR be a means of joining together. The term 'bridge the gap' comes to mind.

I would consider whether the bridge is being built or torn down. Judging from your words 'busted up', I would assume the latter. Rebar is reinforcement. Concrete might imply something specific, something real or tangible. It might represent a stronghold being torn down (positive) OR a breach (negative).

It's dangerous to attempt to interpret a symbol out of context as it could be either postive or negative so please prayerfully consider all possibilities. Despite my use of the words 'positive' or 'negative', the message itself seems positive, as Himself is drawing your attention to something specific. Might be simply a heads-up that you are in/approaching a time of transition, which, imho, would be encouragement.

Hope this helps shed some light..

blessings,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Ladygrace
Bronze Member

Post by Ladygrace »

Jesus said: I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.
Be careful that man made structures dont keep you away from the true way of Jesus Christ.
Your son is also striving to find the true path(bridge) to Jesus. He is surely on the right track.
Something that comes to mind: Concrete is made with cement, rocks, and water....................................
Steel symbolizes strength.
Find your strength in Jesus.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Thank you all for your replies!
Praying!!! :)
The Lord is my Shepherd
Jodi
Gold Member

bridge crosses a divide, so could mean reconciliation

Post by Jodi »

A bridge also crosses a divide, so maybe a bridge can sometimes symbolize reconciliation.