Trapped in a House

Archives for 2009
bjcollin
Site Owner

Trapped in a House

Post by bjcollin »

I have had several variations on this dream over the past few years. In the dream I am walking down the sidewalk with my son Noah who appears to be a bit older than he currently is in real life. IRL he is 10, in the dream he appears to be a teenager. And as we are passing this 3 story house that has a gambrel gabled roof there is a little girl leaning out of the third story window wanting us to help her because she is trapped. We then climb up on top of the porch in between the 1st and 2nd floors and then stretch up to the 3rd story window somehow with a ladder we find and we enter the window where the little girl is at. Once I am inside, I help Noah come inside also. I tell him that we need to rescue and protect this little girl. Then all of a sudden the window closes and locks behind us and we are also trapped in the room with this little girl. The room looks like it has several bunk beds and a bathroom and a hot water heater over in the corner. I am guessing it to be a typical attic converted apartment type of room for this type of house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambrel

All of a sudden I start to hear a noise like somebody is coming up some stairs that are behind a locked door. I get Noah with the little girl down behind one of the bunk beds together and I tell him to protect her. I then start to look for a weapon or something else I can use to protect myself but I find nothing.

This is where the dream changes all the time from dream to dream. In some of the dreams I am just looking around the room trying to find different ways out, but we are always trapped. In some dreams I am attacked by the girls captor which ends up being a big demon. In some of the dreams I get through the door first and the demon has an area which looks to be floating in space with lots of gears and cogs in motion and lots of light distracting me, and if I look at them I am then paralyzed and he attacks me.

However, in this dream I end up getting mad at what I already know is a demon next door for trapping us, so I feel along the wall for a soft spot and I get angry and push my shoulder through the wall like the hulk. I still tell Noah to keep the little girl safe. Then I attack the demon through the wall, and the walls fall apart like they are made out of cardboard. I then see the demon floating and laughing at me from what looks to be space, so I get angry and start to run toward him in anger. He mentions let him look at this and again he shows the gears and cogs and lights, but I am not falling for that. I am still intent on getting straight to him to finish him off. When I get to him I punch him and then put my hand around his throat to strangle him, he looks at me in surprise that I would attack him this time and then the dream is over with my hands around his neck squeezing the life out of him.

Any ideas on what stronghold this is? Thanks.

in Christ,
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

BJ..going to pray about this one...for now this passage comes to mind...sounds like you're getting to victory in any case but next time you dream this I'm thinking that you and NOah need to go through the front door...sounds like you have legal entry to this house in Jesus name...once and for all...

Matthew 12:29

How can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.

For now...a couple of questions: how old was the little girl and are you aware of any personal significance of the gambreled roof?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

Amen Charlie,

I agree, the Lord was stirring that verse, among a bunch of others in my spirit for the past 3weeks, now....all dealing with authority.

it started with the verses about the centurion, who needed his servant to be healed. Jesus marveled at his faith, but it was noted that he was one who understood authority.
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Hey Bj,

As I'm reading the dream and going over the first part of the girl leaning out the window I'm getting a suicide spirit. Pray about this please. I'm not sure if you know what the 3 story house represents yet but 3 years comes to mind. Did Noah seems to be around 13 years old or an older teenager?

Hope this helps some.
Truth Seeker
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Ok...praying for fullrevelation BJ but this is what I am seeing so far...toss the irrelevant:

I am seeing the little girl as being representative of your spirit as is NOah (the spirit of salvation). This song has woken me up with regards to this dream:

Set my spirit free

Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee,
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go and let deliverance flow,
Set my spirit free to worship Thee.

The house I am seeing as representing body mind and spirit and the stronghold is at the level of the mind which is holding the spirit captive. I am seeing the specific area of struggle as "technical wizardry" (these are the words which came to mind). The desire to explain how things work/function using reason threatens to invade the domain of the spirit and control it...hold it captive.

NOw I believe that there is a state where the spirit and reason ARE RIGHTLY ALIGNED...don't get me wrong...I am a great fan of our incredible brains which God has entrusted to us...I beliEve that this state is called WISDOM FROM ABOVE which lays down the red carpet as it were to rightful worship which brings order out of chaos and aligns things in accordance with THE WORD WHO IS WISDOM FROM ON HIGH.

HIghly developed reason can, it seems to me, be the result of fear...the need to understand how everything works so one can keep control or at least predict what may happen when, is, at one level, a state of intolerance of mystery often linked to a developmental aversion of the unknown based on fearful experiences...

Now...when this highly developed reason is kept in its place under the rule of the spirit of love (which casts out all fear) then it will become distilled as wisdom and become a more pure form of reason (by this I mean rightly activated and applied forms of reason) which liberates rather than enslaves...and importantly releases worship to the One...

BJ...toss the dross...hope this may help some...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Stronghold of fear was what I sensed too....
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

Thank you for the replies. Noah appeared to be a teenager in the dream about age 13-15, and he was bold and cheerful and very helpful in the dream. The little girl in the dream appeared to be about age 5-7, and she was very scared and inward focused as if abused being locked away in that attic in the dream. I was praying a bit about the dream yesterday when I thought I heard the phrase "inner workings". That is what the space (like outer space black and floaty) and the cogs and gears and lights are about... I am trying to find out how the heavens and being in the spirit really work (ref Revelation 1:10) instead of just following the Lord and allowing it to happen at His will and timing. So far what charlie has written seems the closest to me. Continuing in prayer. Thank you again for all the responses.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I am trying to find out how the heavens and being in the spirit really work (ref Revelation 1:10) instead of just following the Lord and allowing it to happen at His will and timing
Wondering if you mean accessing Heaven at will like we understand Jesus did when He was ministering? If so, you might find Nasir Siddiki's teachings full of revelation! Been chewing on it myself for awhile now! God give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

bjcollin wrote: I was praying a bit about the dream yesterday when I thought I heard the phrase "inner workings". That is what the space (like outer space black and floaty) and the cogs and gears and lights are about... I am trying to find out how the heavens and being in the spirit really work (ref Revelation 1:10) instead of just following the Lord and allowing it to happen at His will and timing.
BJ...I am glad that I was able to be of some help...continuing to pray here that you will receive clearer understanding. Noting what you say above I would also flag up that in your dream the cogs and lights were a distraction that the enemy appeared to be using. In that light it would not seem to be a healthy focus for you?

Regarding ages...I had thought the little girl was about this age...it is an age developmentally when growth in cognition pushes back the veil of blissful ignorance in children...fear grows as understanding of "what can go wrong" increases...frightening or bad things happening at any stage have consequences in our inner beings but I just feel strongly that this age switches go on in our reaction to situations (can be very very seemingly insignificant events actually) which have very long-lasting consequences and which can trap or stifle the maturing of the spirit person (oh words can be so clumsy...am I making sense?). Praying for full revelation for you in these matters.

I also wondered at what age you became a Christian or had an identifiable spiritual encounter with God...was it in your teens?

Grace
charlie
Charlie
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I also wondered at what age you became a Christian or had an identifiable spiritual encounter with God...was it in your teens?
When I was about 7-8 my dad and I were outside cutting the lawn on a sunday afternoon when one of my dad's friends from the base stopped by for a visit. He basically jokingly told my dad that if he didn't stop cutting grass on a sunday and if he didn't start to take his wife and son to church on sunday and then take us out to eat afterwards that the devil was going to come get him. I think he took the conversation to heart. Needless to say, soon after that, we started going to church at the base chapel. We were faithful in going to church and every sunday I was in sunday school and learning a lot of Bible at that time. A few years later I gave my life to Christ at a Christian Summer camp that our youth group was on a weekend retreat to when I was about to turn 15. That was Sunday April 11, 1982.

in Christ,
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

BJ...thanks for sharing...are you seeing the connecting dots?

Ok I am praying that by the Grace that is ours in Christ Jesus who reveals the heart of Abba that you BJ will be able to re-integrate the special giftings you have been given (technical wizardry-now I know you're into aeronautics but this may not be just relating to that) fully under the canopy of His love which casts out all fear and that these gifts will be used profitably for the provision and blessing of your loved ones and for the release of worship and joy in your heart to Abba who is the giver of all good gifts. I am praying BJ that your spirit will grow strong and fully inhabit the house which is yours and that the enemy will no longer have control over any giftings entrusted to you...Amen

I sense a great swelling in the Father's heart towards you BJ...what a treasure you are in the family!! I agree with Keilani that there are things to be revealed and understanding s to be released to you as you press into seeking Him with all your heart and mind and strength.

Please discard what is not resonating BJ...

Grace
charlie
Charlie