Something is coming in the spirit!

Archives for 2010
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Something is coming in the spirit!

Post by eyes.enlightened »

I was lying in bed, and I was about to fall asleep. Then all of sudden, I could feel that something was coming in the spirit. I couldn't see anything. I could feel it moving and I had a knowing that it was something coming to me. I began to say out loud, LORD what is it? It was so real. It was moving and it was moving fast. I couldn't recognize what it could be in the spirit, never felt this before, but it was coming--fast. I got happy inside. I had this great expectation and excitement within me. My mind kept thinking, what it is, what is it?

As it was moving fast toward me. I could feel it getting closer, but I had no idea what was coming, especially because it wasn't manifested in a vision, I didn't see anything. I could literally feel the pace of it traveling toward me. I could only compare it to this kind of experience: Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting".

When it stopped right next me, I heard a whisper in my right ear these words, "Remember God is teaching me to be a new song". I said, "Teaching who to be a new song,--"me" to be a new song? If GOD is talking about me, why would I hear, Remember GOD is teaching me to be a new song? Shouldn't I have heard, "Remember GOD is teaching "you" to be a new song.?

Maybe, it is concerning the person that I was praying about, right before I had that experience. Could it be an answer to that prayer? I have been looking up scriptures about a new song. It has been very enlightening to me. I claimed the word for myself, but if anyone has had an experience like this one, please help!

I wonder if it felt like on the day of Pentecost? I hope this is making sense to someone. It was a brand new experience for me.
zadokpriest
Diamond Member

Post by zadokpriest »

Not sure if this means anything or bares witness but I got this scripture when I read your post:

14 Sing , O daughter of Zion; shout , O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. 15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy : the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more. 16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack . 17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save , he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. - Zephaniah 3:14-17

Zadok :D
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Zadok priest,

Yes, it does bare witness with my spirit. Somehow, Zephaniah 3:14-17 has opened up some things to me through this word. I'm still pondering, but this has given me part of the answer. God Bless!
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Revelations 5:9 - And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

and Revelations 14:1-4

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: Something is coming in the spirit!

Post by charlie »

eyes.enlightened wrote:Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting".

When it stopped right next me, I heard a whisper in my right ear these words, "Remember God is teaching me to be a new song".
I really love this experience in the Spirit!!

First though in answer to your question I believe the spirit within us gives witness and 'hums'in unison if you like with the ruach of Abba as it approaches from without so to speak (these theological things can be so hard to express can't they!)...so what I would say is that the me represent you because I don't think the Spirit would speak as a third person ie as representing your friend for whom you were praying...I may be wrong but otherwise we would be looking at the work of the Spirit of God as a medium rather than an encourager.

You would do well to do an extended study on the concept of singing a new song from scripture...Zadok and Peggyo have got you off to a good start...there may be some keys Abba wants you to grasp a hold of for this next season..start in the Word and ask the spirit to make you sing in harmony with Abba on this one!

Music and song are extraordinarily powerful creative tools which I believe Abba is increasingly using to bring all that bears his image into greater and greater alignment with His glory..there is the song of redemption...the song of renewal...the song of healing...the song of rest...the song of freedom (seems to be a lifelong one for me!)...the song of truth...hope.. so many... which is your new song? Ask Him.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Charlie,

I will continue to meditate on the scriptures about a new song. Thank you for your wisdom. You touched exactly on my question, and it makes it much clearer to me in the context of what was spoken by the Spirit.
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Change your punctuation and you've got it:

"Remember: 'God is teaching me to be a new song.'"

A messenger from God (a powerful one, from the sound of it), was giving you a declaration to remember, or call to mind. He began by instructing you to remember what he was about to say. "Remember." Then he put a thought in your mind by speaking it to you.

I.e., you are to remember, "God is teaching me to be a new song."

I imagine that is because there will come a time when you will need to remember that, and repeat it as it was spoken, perhaps if you come under criticism for doing "a new thing," or "singing a new song."

You're being aware of the messenger's approach and being able to hear him speaking, intead of just having the words embedded into your spirit, I believe shows a gift--or at least an incident--of discernment. I imagine he was moving fast because, he was pretty busy. (We probably keep those angels hopping sometimes!)

Just my "take" on this---Hope it is helpful. :)

Pretty cool!!!
Blessings.
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Lily_Rose_Song wrote:Change your punctuation and you've got it:

"Remember: 'God is teaching me to be a new song.'"

. . .

Blessings.
I agree. . .this was what I thought as soon as I read eyes.enlightened's words of knowledge she received.

I love Casting Crowns song: "Let my life Song sing to Him"
actually it's probably only titled "Life's song".
Jesus is the Saviour
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Lily_Rose_Song,

That was truly wisdom. Your comment to change the punctuation, opened my eyes completely. Something as simple as that, I didn't see it. Now, I see clearly. GOD sent a messenger to impart those words to me. I do have to remember: "GOD is teaching me to be a new song".

Yes, I need to be reminded, over and over again. It has been a unique mandate given to me from the LORD. I feel like I have been playing a tune of my own. Sounds coming from my life that seems like no one else is playing or hearing around me. Let me not forget to mention, I am hearing music playing in the spirit. I heard angels singing. I heard all kinds of instruments playing. The angels were singing, "HE IS COMING"! It was so loud and so amazing, as if I was at an outdoor Symphony.

I am learning very slowly, that creation is singing a song; the birds, trees, mountains, wind, etc., and I am a new song. Psalm 144:9 "I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee." My life is a song and I want HIS melody and HIS beat to flow through me--for HIS glory.

Shine, thank you for confirmation too. I will listen to, "Life's song".

PEACE AND LOVE +