Drunk with wine

Archives for 2012
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Drunk with wine

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

in the dream things looked to be pretty festive. I had a bottle of wine in had and I passed some of the wine to a friend who I was once close with IRL. She got drunk off the wine. Any thoughts on drunkenness in dreams?
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Grapes in the Word signify charity and what is of charity, and that wine signifies the faith thence derived and the things that belong to it. Drunkenness signifies that a person has fallen into errors is evident from the signification of a drunkard in the Word. They are called drunkards who believe nothing but what they apprehend, and for this reason search into the mysteries of faith. And because this is done by means of sensuous things, either of memory or of philosophy, man being what he is, cannot but fall thereby into errors. For man's thought is merely earthly, corporeal, and material, because it is from earthly, corporeal, and material things, which cling constantly to it, and in which the ideas of his thought are based and terminated. To think and reason therefore from these concerning Divine things, is to bring one's self into errors and perversions; and it is as impossible to procure faith in this way as for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. The error and insanity from this source are called in the Word drunkenness. Indeed the souls or spirits who in the other life reason about the truths of faith and against them, become like drunken men and act like them; concerning whom, of the Lord's Divine mercy hereafter. Source http://www.biblemeanings.info/Words/Plant/Grapes.htm
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi A Warrior's Heart,

When I've had red wine in a dream, it's been about communion and the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Did you get a sense of whether it was good festivity/celebration or rough/out of line stuff?

That may help indicate whether the drunkenness is a good symbol (like the disciples being thought of as drunk before 9am) or a bad drunkenness, i.e. the drunkenness that leads to debauchery.
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

It may represent your Holy Spirit influence on the people of the world (is your old friend IRL a non believer?)
WINE to me is representative of the Holy Spirit...in which case this is VERY good!
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

We got to see Kim Walker sing last night and it was the most intense, most beautiful worship experience ever. When we left, my husband said, "I feel like I've drunk a whole bottle of wine!" :)
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

hahaaa! Beautiful! \o/ Praise the Lord.. Keep drinkin!
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Another thought is doctrine in regards to wine."And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish." Luke 5:37
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Thank you all for your gracious thoughts. Texas Transplant, I love Kim Walker! The concert must have been great. She is so annointed.

The Lord revealed to me what the wine symbolized here so I will place it here for others interpretation purposes. In this particular case there is some bitterness and sadness there within her as she was drunk with the wine. The verse I was given is Prov 31:4-6:

"It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5 Lest they drink and forget the law, And pervert the justice of all the afflicted. 6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart."

Often when people drink alcohol, they are inebriated and out of touch with reality. Most alcoholics drink so that they don't have to face their realities. They want a numbing of pain. When people are drunk with wine in dreams I very much so believe that there may be some spiritual or emotional pain going on in their actual life.

When Jesus was dying on the cross they gave him wine and vinegar to drink. It was a Jewish tradition in those days to give wine to mourners or criminals when they were executed.

Newbie you wrote: "Drunkenness signifies that a person has fallen into errors is evident from the signification of a drunkard in the Word." There is much truth here!
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8