Arrested and Pardoned

Archives for 2012
freedinHim
Gold Member

Arrested and Pardoned

Post by freedinHim »

I was in a car with my older brother. He was driving. He had no control of the vehicle and was swerving all over the road, and light was not on. I leaned over to steady the car; placing my hand over his on the steering wheel (What was weird was that though he was driving, I was the one sitting on the driver's seat).
A cop saw us and followed to arrest us. He gave me a citation (though I was not the driver, I would rather take the blame than out my brother) I kept quiet and we followed to the County Sheriff's Office. We sat down, when the Secretary to the Treasury came in. He looked at me and recognized me. He told the arresting officer that I was a good man, and he would appreciate it if the officer could temper justice with mercy. The officer looked at the Secretary and looked at me, opened his record book, tore out the citation, rumpled it and proceeded to throw it away. The Secretary was so touched (he was expecting a lighter sentence not forgiveness), that he started tearing him up saying "you tore the citation"
Yours
Freed In Him
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

It appears you are going to do some discerning, seeing & steering for a 'brother' to help keep him on track but he falls into sin..Sin is "transgression of the law"..

"Justice and judgement are the habitation of His Throne" (Psalm 89:14)

"Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness of God.." (Romans 11:22)

"But You are God, Ready to pardon, Gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, Abundant in kindness, And did not forsake them" (Nehemiah 9:17)
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi freedinHim,

This is very much like a dream I had many many years ago when God was teaching me about His nature.

Under the law we are all guilty, and often we will even be blamed for just being there, even if really, someone else is at fault.

But God...

But God through Jesus has made us not guilty.

God spoke very clearly to me one night ... this is how He sees things ... "Behold the Lamb of God who TAKES AWAY the sins of the world".

He doesn't just cover, or atone for, the way He did in the Old Testament, but He has TAKEN AWAY our sins. One sacrifice, perfect, and forever.
freedinHim
Gold Member

Post by freedinHim »

Theonlywan and Crackerjack,
Thank you for your input and shedding light on the dream. theonlywan, I am praying that I will be able to do the discerning part well (I seem to have an idea of what that is about as I am writing now)
Thanks to you both for reminding me of the nature of a loving father who gave His Son to declare us eternally 'not guilty' It is sometimes tough to take in- But it is true!!!
Yours
Freed In Him
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

:like: