Recieving A Hug From A Prophet

Archives for 2012
Diamond Member

Recieving A Hug From A Prophet

Post by Newbie »

In this dream, I am walking beside my daughter’s middle school and while walking I could feel that one of my teeth is about fall out (it was near the inner cheek). I reached in and pulled it out and noticed that it was the tooth that my dentist had filled; however, it was weird looking in that it looked like an upside down U and the filling looked like floss. It did not have a cavity. As, I was walking I was contemplating about simply not getting it put back in. In the dream, I knew that I had 24 hours to get it put back in; otherwise I would have had a missing tooth.
I was walking home and out of nowhere this prophet begins to talk to me. (Note: I have friended him on FB but have never met him nor really talked to him. The only reason he had asked for a friend request is because I had given him a like for some pure wisdom he had written). He proceeds to give me a hug and I felt weird and guilty because I am marry. He talks to me some more but I cannot recall what was said.
Dream shifts…
I am now at home and my husband is in the living room. I wanted to tell him what had happened but was fearful he would have gotten upset. So I asked him did he ever hug a female at work and if so would that be considered cheating? He responded no and goes and tell me that he has hug several females. I felt relieved and decided to tell him about what had occurred with the prophet. Then I awoke.

Note:
All of this is symbolic but not sure of what!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I just recalled that I was still deciding about my tooth and whether to place it in milk until I get to the dentist.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Newbie,

It kind of feels like you're still working out boundaries, or something like that, doesn't it.

Losing one tooth seems like you've just partially lost the ability to chew over things. Maybe how you work things out.

It also felt like that reflected in how you reacted to the hug, then how you tested out where your husband was at, before feeling free to put your experience out there for his possible judgement.

Because, really it's ok to hug another person, even though you're married, isn't it. Scripture says we are to greet each other with a brotherly kiss. Personally, I find that more intimate than just hugging someone.

But the fact that you're uncomfortable about hugging the prophet - does that mean you're uncomfortable about having him as a Facebook friend? And you're not sure about it. Because I'm reading that as though you actually have him as a friend on Facebook.

I think for me personally, it would be hard to have a husband who wouldn't tolerate me having freedom to be friends with whoever, because that's just the kind of person I am. I'll be friends with anyone, male or female. It's only if a person proves that they can't be trusted that they lose my trust. But it seems like your personal boundaries are different, where you're not as comfortable with people until they gain your trust. Would that be fair to say?

Toss if this is totally off the mark.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

whew! growing when we are out of our comfort zone! 8)
Jesus is the Saviour
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thank you both for your responses.
@ Crackerjack, I had to marinate on this because I was trying to grasp the underlying message. I do value your insight and was not ignoring you. Nor was I put off. Yes, I do have a hard time with trusting people and with good reason. I believe in getting to know the person’s true nature and not superficial nature (the one they like to present to the world). Normally, I get a vibe of a person that let’s me know what they are about; so it can be said, that friendships are few and far between for me. I simply like being off too myself and not around a whole bunch of people. In regards to the prophet, I friended him because he normally place gems of wisdom on a daily basis. I do not communicate with him outside of this and my husband is fully aware of what I do with FB page.
I believe my husband in the dream is Lord and He is giving me a listen on embracing certain things. Currently, I have been giving dreams on my particular gifting, “Seer”; however, I doubt myself because I am having a hard time embracing this and being a prophet. Unlike many in church who have prophesied over at altar call about their gifting, I have never received this. Only via dreams. So the prophet in the dream speaks as me embracing my gifting. I do agree that I have been having a hard time chewing over this (the lost tooth).
@Shine, I agree wholeheartedly with your post.
Thank you both for your time and be blessed.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Excellent insights by shine and cj

I have something that may or may not be relevant, as well!
Walking by your daughter's middle school and the tooth
coming loose.

I was reminded of a passage of scripture that I had studied a few
years ago.

Pro 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

We train our child (there is no relevance to age here, it is a lifetime
calling as a parent). When I had studied this, the historical part of
the study was about the time frame and how a parent would actually
chew the food for their child (with the inner teeth by the cheek), so
the child could consume it. As we know children don't have those grinding teeth for a very long time.

So, what I am wondering is in regards to you walking by the school and
your tooth coming loose. Are you having a bit of a hard time loosing
your child as a parent and entrusting your child to HIM, in a certain area(s)?
We know as parents its a lifetime commitment, to train and guide our children. There does however come a time when they assert themselves
and start stepping out on their own, a bit more and of course that continues into adlthood! It doesn't mean we completely let go, it just means we loosen those strings and watch
and pray more. We trust HIM and trust what we have spent their lifetime
so far inputting into them. His Word does not return void!

There can be more than one meaning to a dream, so I offer this
as well! You decide if it's relevant!

Love C
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thanks HisBlood, no it is relevent and there could be multilayers to this dream. Because it is sticking to me. In regards to your wonderful illustration, yes I have been having a time with my oldest in particuliar. She was rebellious but is coming around little by little; however, I feel the need to stay on her like white on rice and the Lord knows the reason for this. So I thank you for you added wisdom and adding on to another layer of meaning for this dream. Be blessed!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Newbie,

That's an amazing post by HisBlood. Lately every now and then I think about Alicia Silverstone and how she chews her food for her baby. My reaction's kind of been to screw my nose up a bit, and wonder about passing germs, but now that I've just read HisBlood's post, I'm starting to think God's been trying to speak to me. It's come to mind a few times. Newbie, does it speak to you?
When I had studied this, the historical part of
the study was about the time frame and how a parent would actually
chew the food for their child (with the inner teeth by the cheek), so
the child could consume it. As we know children don't have those grinding teeth for a very long time.
Also, God's been speaking to me and a few others, it now seems, about chewing food and how that relates to the way we read the Bible. I've also heard it from a Singaporean pastor and a Welsh pastor. God seems to be sending out this message around the world at the moment. We need to chew and chew and chew. And as HisBlood says, it's chewing on the teeth by the cheek. Like a cow chews it's cud and brings is up and chews.

Newbie, you said:
Currently, I have been giving dreams on my particular gifting, “Seer”; however, I doubt myself because I am having a hard time embracing this and being a prophet. Unlike many in church who have prophesied over at altar call about their gifting, I have never received this. Only via dreams. So the prophet in the dream speaks as me embracing my gifting. I do agree that I have been having a hard time chewing over this (the lost tooth).
I've been pondering what you said since I read your post before bed last night. I've thought about this before also for myself. What I think it could be is, either that God calls people, but there's a long training session. People may get admitted to the training school, but may not graduate into prophet.

Another option is that God sees you and regards you as a prophet but the people (leaders in church) may not be aware of the need to ordain a person as such, so you never really get identified as that by them. There are still a lot of churches around that don't recognise the need for prophets in their church. And I think seers are less understood, generally. Have you read James Goll's book 'Seer'?

The role of prophet is really to uplift people in their local church. I know a lot of prophets are itinerant ministers who travel to many churches, but the bible talks about the fivefold ministers being in church in order to build up the rest of the members of the body. It's my personal belief, that each local church body should have its own apostle that builds it up, then once it's built up, they send that person out to start more churches; a prophet; one or more gifted teachers; a pastor; evangelist. Most of the itinerant prophets I know have started out as prophets within their local church for some years, before they've become well-known, and then been invited to various other churches, probably only because those other local churches don't recognise, or don't have, the prophetic in their own church.

Anyway, these are just some of the thoughts I've been mulling over on and off for some years now.

About this:
I think for me personally, it would be hard to have a husband who wouldn't tolerate me having freedom to be friends with whoever, because that's just the kind of person I am. I'll be friends with anyone, male or female. It's only if a person proves that they can't be trusted that they lose my trust. But it seems like your personal boundaries are different, where you're not as comfortable with people until they gain your trust. Would that be fair to say?
I can't remember if I mentioned that I admire your ability to be slow at trusting people. God specifically told me to not make friends so quickly, because my way of doing it doesn't always work well for me :wink: