Getting news a day or so early

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Getting news a day or so early

Post by TexasTransplant »

I have a question that has nothing to do with dreams, but rather thoughts. Hope it's ok to post here! I believe all of you dreamers would be the right ones to ask :).

I've noticed this happening more and more frequently lately and I'd love to know if it's common among some of you too.

One example of many...

Yesterday, driving down the road, I thought about a time many years ago when we noticed a pick up truck with fake police lights pulling over a family's car on an interstate while we were traveling through Mississippi on our way back home to Alabama. My husband pulled in behind the truck (in retrospect, maybe not totally wise) because he had an eerie feeling about it and called the real police. The man, impersonating a cop, reeking of alcohol, approached the family and demanded the husband get out of his car. He got spooked when he noticed us and left quickly.

I'm not sure what brought on this memory because I haven't thought about it in years...other than it must've been the Holy Spirit. This morning I saw a news story about a gunman impersonating a police officer in Mississippi (we live in Texas) pulling people over to kill them.

I'm sure this is a call to pray, and I'm happy to, but this sort of thing keeps happening to me with more and more frequency. WHAT IN THE WORLD??? Do any of you know about this? They are coming as thoughts and they NEVER strike me as 'pray right now' sorts of thoughts either. It's only later that I realize he'd already brought it up to me at some point earlier in the day or week.

Is this something common I'm only just noticing? Never heard of it from anyone else. Or maybe just haven't paid attention to comments like this before now. Not sure.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

I think it is often so that we know we have heard from the Holy Spirit. He does bring us along - this may be in preparation for when these "end times" get even harder.

I was just thinking the other day about once (years ago) I was driving somewhere in an area that I hadn't been in & the thought came to me that someone could be riding a bike in this rainy weather - I thought nah! its raining too much for that. But sure enough within a minute there was a young girl riding her bike, in a weird kind of part of the side of the road where that wasn't much room. I did have to maneuvr around her - fortunate that Holy Spirit had already given me a heads up.

I just mention that time, because that made me think along the lines that you just brought up.

I've had other instances - where not as cut & dry. . .& still don't really understand the reasons for - that I'm sure is the Holy Spirit talking & guideing me - often with questions actually.
Jesus is the Saviour
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I'm so glad you shared that! That's exactly the sort of stuff I'm talking about. I see something and think, "I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT!!" I guess it's normal since we have someone living IN us that knows everything happening in the whole universe! I suppose we would notice Him thinking about things from time to time :). Last night I was thinking about how this kind of thing probably happened to the disciples while they were living and traveling with Jesus. It just seems normal that he would think out loud from time to time about things just about to happen he'd already seen. I'm sure, like us, they looked at each other and said, "Is that normal??" Haha!!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi TT,

I've experienced what you're talking about several times in my life. There was a period where it seemed to happen often. When i asked God what that was about, I got a sense of the following ... what I believe it is ... and I hope I can explain it well ...

It's a form of intercession. God moves when we're involved. While He is sovereign, He has limited Himself to working when we're involved too. By bringing to mind your previous actual experience, you are thinking something to life. In the previous experience, your husband intervened. So in effect, he's still intervening and interceding (as well as you) in the protection of these other people.

It may make better sense if I use a scripture. Jesus said, if you even lust after a woman in your thoughts, you've committed adultery. So putting a good purpose to your thoughts, if you even think about intervening and saving a person, you've done it. It opens the door for the spiritual realm to act.

Does that make sense?

It's like God is using you to intercede, even though you're doing it in a totally passive way (because you're not even aware that you're doing it - no effort on your part).

Exciting isn't it!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I LOVE that!!! Thank you :)
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

This just happened and I wanted to get it down mostly so I'll have it to come back and remember :).

Today I was unpacking boxes at our new house and decided to make one of the extra bedrooms up for my nephew who lives 14 hrs away. In reality he probably won't come use his room at our place for at least a year, but I kept thinking that's what I'd use the room as. He's 7. I've kept all of my youngest son's books over the years and thought to put the little kid books in this new room for Alexander (nephew). I was especially excited to put 'Pigeon Drives a Bus' in there because it was my son's favorite at that age. While unpacking other rooms I kept daydreaming about Alexander reading that book and laughing at it. Not sure why, just found myself doing that. This family isn't saved but we stay close in touch and I'm trusting God that they will be soon. I pray for my brother and his family a LOT and they are very close to my heart which is probably why I'm wanting them to come visit so much! :)

My sis-in-law just texted me outta the blue, "Xander found a new Pigeon book and wanted you to know it's funny!"

I think two years ago I told him about the Pigeon books and gave him one for Christmas. We haven't spoken about them since then. Isn't that neat that I was thinking about him reading one earlier and now he is??! I'm not sure what to do with this except just smile at sweet Holy Spirit. Learning that sometimes our simple, common thoughts are actually from Him :).
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

I'm sure this is a call to pray.....maybe just haven't paid attention to comments like this before now..
Yet another of the many ways Himself speaks to us. Agree this is a call to intercede. It's also an equipping :wink:
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

:like:
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

Thank you so much for posting this. This has been happening to me for a few years now and at first I was freaked out but now I immediately say "let no bad happen Lord Jesus" Well I pray it over and over out loud.
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

TexasTransplant

Maybe its exercising your spiritual senses...getting them sharpen putting them into practice. The Holy Spirit as you know leads and you responded to the impressed "thoughts" a form of revelation and sometimes yes...one may not take notice of the pattern. Your place & time may have been a deliverance for that family & I guess we won't know fully only until we meet the Lord. I think we have more potential an untapped ability's God installed in us that eventually become apparent in its timing (that is HIS). Bless you!!!!

Shalom!
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4