Old friend, back where he grew up

Archives for 2012
bella
Diamond Member

Old friend, back where he grew up

Post by bella »

I had this dream, then was so excited about it, I came downstairs to the computer and typed it on this board. Then I woke up and realised that all of that was part of the dream too!

Rest of the dream ...

I was on an island. I could see rows of palm trees. The trees were near a coffee shop or something, but it was very traditional/relatively untouched. Not at all modern except for the little shop.

I was aware that what I was seeing was all being filmed too.

As I walked along the end of the rows of palm trees, I could see a man I know walking along the other end of the rows.

This guy grew up on a remote island area, and I think we were back there. I've never been there, myself.

As he walked along the end of the rows, I could see he was stalking something. Then he bent down and grabbed a large lizard by the tail and picked it up. (The way you're supposed to do it).

After looking at it for a second, he cupped his hand under the back of the lizard's head and lifted it up like a baby, facing himself. The lizard didn't have a normal lizard-like head. It had a round head with a face almost like a human, but in the dream I wasn't thinking human head, I was just thinking strange, round face for a lizard.

The lizard had lips. The guy, with his finger, runs his finger over the lizards lips and tongue the way you do when you're playing with a baby. [I can only do it in actions, having trouble putting it into words. ] It was cute.

Then he lent forward and kissed the lizard on the cheek. Just like you would with a baby.

The whole thing was really sweet.

:? :lol:

The people filming all of this were talking to me as well. We were all standing there watching this. Not sure if the man knew he was being filmed.

Then there was a different scene, where I seemed to be on an aeroplane, but I couldn't see any aeroplane. It's also possible that I was flying by myself, but could sense another or others with me. Couldn't see them tho. I think we may have still been on this island, but in a barren part.

I came over a ridge and saw a beautiful valley ahead of me, ground sloping down, only it seemed there were no trees. It was all brown. I think, dirt. No grass? We went flying down the valley, all the time being a few metres off the ground, following the land form. But I could see all of these power lines above us. I was conscious of the need not to go too high or we'd hit the power lines. It was positive except for the power lines being dangerous.

I know there was another part to the dream, where I think I was in the coffee shop, but I really can only vaguely sense it. So I don't think that bit of the dream was important - just filler.

This is the second dream I've had of this guy where he's back in the area where he came from and was being filmed. The first dream was quite different in what he was doing.

I tried to upload a photo to show the palm trees, but couldn't get it to work. So hope it makes sense, the way I've described the rows of palm trees.

#Ad
Last edited by bella on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Just some thoughts I've had since posting the dream...

There are two distinct scenes in this dream. The part with the palm trees, and the part with the brown ground and powerlines.

Brown ground
I had a dream years ago with an aeroplane that couldn't get off the ground because of the powerlines that were overhead. That dream was talking about something (powers and principalities) that we blocking people from being able to take off. This dream struck me as the same issue, only there was partial take-off... flying above the ground but only a few metres above.

It was really strange because this was supposed to be an island that's still quite simple, and not built up at all. Yet in the dream there were many power lines over head. So definitely speaking to me of powers and principalities.

In another dream I had, everything was brown - grass, trees, picnic table. God showed me it represented humility. I'm thinking the same thing applies here, perhaps.

Palm tree scenes
I don't feel to comment on that yet. Would be interested to see what others get on this. I feel like what I'd like to say about it could be wrong.
Last edited by bella on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

The island may symbolize a season in which the Lord is leading you to be separated to Him. Palm trees can symbolize highly righteous people in the church and the valley may symbolize those who are humble and obedient to the Lord. However, there is a lack of vegetation and just mire/earth. What comes to mind is mire or earth which could be a representation of society or people of the earth. Since the scene is still on a island, this symbolize those that have separated themselves from the Lord. Your flying overhead speaks as staying above this while trying not caught in the power lines. The power lines speaks as a source of energy and I believe in this case, a bad source. I think the filming maybe a play on “the big picture”. A lizard can symbolize a liar or someone telling false tales. Kissing usually signifies agreement or embracing something. Perhaps this man is accepting of this “lizard” despite what it truly is; in other words, the kiss to me is symbolic of unconditional love. A side note here, my husband and I had a passionate discussion yesterday in regards to supporting family that may have certain proclivities. My husband view is that he would support them because it is unconditional love; whereas, I would not. Not saying this maybe the case, but just to give you an idea of what I am talking about. Toss if junk.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

:shock:

OK, just remembered one line I heard in my dream, something about a certain 'proclivity'.

Someone didn't want me to say the words '[such and such (can't remember)] has a certain proclivity'. I don't usually use that word.

I heard the sentence just before I woke up then forgot about it. I just remembered as I read what you wrote.

Newbie, thanks. Of course, you've been very helpful once again.
Palm trees can symbolize highly righteous people in the church
The scene with the palm trees was all green and beautiful. And flat. It was like I was walking along one end of the rows and the guy was walking along the other end of the rows. Several rows, each with about eight (just guessing, number not important/ relevant) palm trees in each.
Last edited by bella on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello CJ, What I am gathering from your dream in regards to the island is that it is two-fold In regards to Christians and non-believers. For Christians, being a part of the earth scene is that they have separated themselves from the Lord somehow. This can come in many forms: being to worldy, having a proclivity, etc… In regards to proclivity, this when we accept something despite knowing it goes against God. For example, the great homosexual marriage debate in the US. By stating this is okay, despite knowing this goes against His design is a proclivity. Another thought, is apostasy, in which the church members do not want the truth but to have their ears tickled. In regards to the non-believers, what I am getting is we live in the world; however, we are not apart of it. So by flying above this, speaks as the Lord encouraging you to rise above this and not fall prey like other members. Regardless of it being brown grass or earth, it lacks water (Jesus) and it will not grow. As previously stated valley’s symbolize the meek and humble; those who are obedient. However, because it was barren, brings to mind those who threw their hands up instead of waiting on the Lord.
In regards to the lizard with the human face. The lizard symbolizes to me a person who like telling tales or little white lies. The man kissing it, speaks to me as he is aware of this but because of unconditional love for the person, he is in som many words making a compromise and not stepping on their toes. Does this make sense? This goes back to what I stated in which my husband and I got into a debate about proclivities and family. When something hit close to home, many people tend to compromise their views. However, when it is not close to home, many like to stand firm on their beliefs. Does this make sense?
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I was told not to say that 'such and such has a certain proclivity'. That says to me, that we're not to judge others' proclivities.

Then the part of the dream with the palm trees was beautiful and green. This is where the guy was, who caught the lizard. Seems to be showing his unconditional love for something which is considered not acceptable by people. All the righteous people were here. So that's saying to me that the righteous overlook the faults of others and walk in unconditional love.

The part with the brown valleys. There were power lines there, stopping believers from being able to rise up high. I believe we overcome the principalities and powers by walking in the unconditional love of the Father:

Nothing shall separate us from the love of God ...
Romans 8:38-39
New International Version (NIV)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I read something that John Maxwell said, the other day. Paraphrasing because I can't remember it exactly:

We judge from afar, but we impact when we walk beside.
Last edited by bella on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Crackerjack, you have a lot insight into this. I fully agree that we should not pass judgment on others and love as He loves. We all have our shortcomings and demons that we battle on a daily basis. I pray that many get this message. I firmly believe that we are in the latter stages of apostasy, yes it has been around since the 12 Apostles, but it is getting worse. I am still learning a lot of new things in my walk and currently right now, I am without a church. I have asked Him to guide me and teach me. As of late, I have seen and heard some teachings that do not quite lined up with the Word. It sounds like sound doctrine but in fact it is not; heresy is what it is called. Unfortunately those in authority are causing many to be misguided. I must say that I have been hurt more by “church folk” than those outside of church. In a year and half timespan alone, I have been through a variety of things.
Currently, my family and I are in Germany and we used to attend church services at military affiliated ministries; however, the big issue was about worship and praising. These particular ministries have roots in Pentecostalism. A lot people at these services are from different denominations and of course each denomination has their own way of doing worship. I must say that up until now, worship was not a big issue; however, those of Pentecostal and Holiness background feel as though the more you shout and scream the more reverence you have for Him. If you did not praise and worship like them, then they would make nasty comments about this. Sometimes it was so terrible, you could see actual hate on these people faces. I recall one Sunday, in which the Lord showed up and rebuked those that was passing judgment on those who were not doing “their brand of worship”. It was simply terrible to have those who supposedly have agape love to have so much venom in their heart.
I could go on for days with this subject and I do pray that all get the message in regards to this. But I also pray for those who are not following Him, not pass judgment on others as well. For example, there are few of my family members that I love and some I love from afar that have proclivities. Although, I do not pass judgment on them and give them unconditional love; however, I simply cannot support what they are doing. I do not voice this unless I am ask my thoughts. Unfortunately, because the individual cannot handle the answer, it turns ugly quickly. I recalled once, my own mother spew venom at me because I was being genuinely honest. She thought I was being self-righteous but I was being absolutely honest without judgment. So to me there are two-sides of the coin with this.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Newbie,

Sorry to hear you're going through that. It's not nice. I hope you'll be able to find a church that is suitable. Or at least, have some people that you can fellowship with.

It's a story I'm hearing a lot lately. I believe it's fear causing this. It's actually on my mind almost constantly. There's a real spiritual shake-up going on at the moment where people's beliefs are being challenged and they're not coping at all.

The bit about the proclivities - In the dream, I was specifically told not to say that a certain person had certain proclivities. I took that as a specific direction to me. Not necessarily one to everyone generally. So don't worry about me saying that. I wasn't trying to correct you or anything like that.

This dream was God's response to a specific question I asked Him the night before I went to sleep.

My friend in the dream is someone who gets up to a lot of 'mischief' shall we say, but struggles with God, because he's been taught a certain viewpoint. Essentially he's believed lies about God (inadvertantly), told by someone who he dearly loves. So has embraced the lies.

God has shown me a number of times over the years, that to change a person who believes the lie, you have to walk with them, but let God do the changing. This message has come through in the dream for me, and a reminder to stick with that and not be swayed by what others say - hence me flying above the earth and not touching ground.

I wish I could put a picture on the board to show everyone how beautiful the first part of the dream was - the green grass and trees, and the rows of palm trees. I need to be praying for this person more.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Crackerjack, Oh no, I knew it was not for me but it is something that we can all learn from. My husband has a beloved nephew that has a certain proclivity. Although, I have love for him; I do not support him. My husband and my 3 daughters have love and support for him. Does this make sense? So the battle for me and the point that I was trying to make with my family is by supporting him, to me this speaks of me accepting it or making a compromise. Does this make sense? It is not my intention to judge him but at the same I cannot act if I am okay with this. So your dream spoke volumes to me in regards to our family debate.
In regards to the rest of your post, thank you for your concern. I do agree that something is unfolding but I believe that it is in the grand design of things. The Bible does state that there will be a fallen away from sound doctrine and false teachers doing signs and wonders (think of the 2 Egyptians in response to Moses). I know that He is in control; unfortunately, I am saddened by those who are being misled and fighting a false battle. I used to worry about not being in church; however, I come to realize what purpose does it serve to be in a church in which I am not being fed, the focus is not on Him and I am contending with other people demons.
Thank you again for your thoughts and kind words.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

This dream came back to mind recently. I decided to do a search to see if there were any photos on the internet of the palm trees as they appeared in this dream. Could find anything EXACTLY like the palm trees (very close though), but did find heaps of pictures of the brown earth. This is where a heap of damage was done by a volcano some years back. It's amazing how these two completely different scenes both fit perfectly into the actual landscape of this place.

I know from speaking to this friend some years ago, that he was very hurt by the fact that a volcano destroyed his village, and he blamed God for it.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

A palm tree can symbolize someone that is righteous person that produces spiritual fruit. A volcano in the spiritual is something very explosive blowing up and bringing change. Additionally, it could be God’s judgment: 1 Peter 4:17, For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
So to me this could be in line with what a lot of people are getting about things being shaking up and emptied out – the great big shift. I am not clear if this was a before and after scene or if you were shown two sides of the same island. Right now the Lord is dismantling things not of Him. Fake things are being replaced with the originals. I did find this on the island symbolism:
they represent republican governments, organizations of people. Islands are slightly above the "sea" level. The "sea" represents unorganized masses of people. While kingdoms ("mountains") give place to republics ("islands"), so the islands shall also in due time flee away. The spirit of liberty will overleap all bounds and order and end in anarchy. "And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found." Revelation 16:20
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I've definitely never had the feeling that this dream was about judgement. In fact it had such an amazing feel about it.

I don't think God can be blamed for the volcano errupting, particularly as they built a town right next to an active volcano. It was sure to get wiped out at some time. Traumatic for them, certainly, but definintely not God's fault.

The dream had a sense of amazement in it. Quite beautiful. The burnt earth had power lines above it, in the dream, but they're not they're in reality. That speaks to me of principalities and powers having developed because of the damage done by the volcano. Or not so much having developed, but having gained entry there. I've heard it's not the place it used to be. It used to be a lush tropical paradise. Now it's disappointing to those who used to live there in its heyday.

Obviously, in reality, much of it's grown back and gone a lucious green again, but many people moved away to the big cities and didn't go back. Many houses were destroyed.

I just feel that this dream is much more realistic than I realised at the time I had it.

This place has had a strong christian and missionary influence for many years and was a strategic position in WWII.

I think this dream wasn't just a call to intercession for the person in the dream, but for the region as well. I can feel the sadness that's attached to it. Time to lift it up in prayer.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-FnSkqciE

Just to give you an idea of the scene of the dream!
Go to about 3 mins to see the topography, otherwise listen to and watch the whole thing and just enjoy the music and great photos!

And some more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QGD1Tn ... re=related
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

FINALLY found this dream of your's and have been looking it over for 2 days :). Just watched the video and it seemed to say so much. Not just about your dream necessarily, but life here on planet Earth. What a gorgeous place!! It's absolutely beautiful and then there's this contrast of poverty and sickness and this super ominous volcano smoking over them all the time. Very interesting. The people are BEAUTIFUL! Their eyes seem so deep and full of something. Don't they look sad?? They did to me. It reminds me a little bit of the way Jamaica looked to me. We commented after a trip that it was like they seemed to be thinking, "Yes, we're stuck here in this prison of darkness and it looms over us constantly and we just happen to also live in paradise." The contrast of that setting/circumstance confounds me everywhere it exists so openly like that.

Anyway....I wonder if the lizard represents the people of that land. I know Newbie said she thought it represented a person also. He seemed to love it deeply and also hold a higher...understanding or maybe even education or social status, than the lizard. He was adult like and the lizard was child-like I mean. (I hope this makes sense, I'm not feeling well and tend to talk in circles lately!) He could obviously remember his connection to it and felt deep bonds toward it.

I feel like the fact that it was being filmed is also significant. The only reason something is filmed is to show others later so they can also experience it. Hmmm. I still hear the word 'ministry' coming up in my spirit for some reason beyond me. Praying about it all!!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I wonder if the lizard represents the people of that land. I know Newbie said she thought it represented a person also. He seemed to love it deeply and also hold a higher...understanding or maybe even education or social status, than the lizard. He was adult like and the lizard was child-like I mean. (I hope this makes sense, I'm not feeling well and tend to talk in circles lately!) He could obviously remember his connection to it and felt deep bonds toward it.
Yes! I think you're on to it here.