Acorns

Archives for 2012
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Acorns

Post by Warrior Princess »

I had a baby that needed to be fed so I was doing it.

Then, there was something about making a cake for my family.

Then I was back at youth group and took out $1 and gave it for something and Scott ("land holder") was sitting next to me and started questioning me about what I was doing with my money. So I said something about it not being any of his business and he said yes it was, and I said something about Jesus buying wine. I got up and left and went up stairs where I saw Christine. I started telling her what had happened, and this time I said Jesus turned water into wine, and the pastor's wife pushed the door shut hard because she didn't want anyone else to hear what I was saying. We went outside and there was a group of people in a window above and a group on the ground who were throwing acorns at each other and we were getting hit with them.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

I accidentally stepped on a very large acorn today, the crunch was loud, and it really stood out to me :|
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Acorns are seeds...and sometimes seeds can be words. Seems to be a theme throughout this dream, but I'm not getting it yet.
~Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello WP, I wanted to wait to post to see if anyone else had any ideas. I do agree that the underlying theme is words. I viewed the acorn as being a negative symbol based on the context of the dream. I viewed the acorn in your dream as representing preconceived notions as in being “hit” by the preconceive notion of others about oneself. A "seed" that is being planted in these people.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

I'm thinking the acorn/seed/words might have a sort of double meaning since one group is up in the window and the other is on the ground...could be heaven vs earth or God's word vs man's word...or a war in the mind vs God's thoughts toward us vs the enemy's...so yes it could be the issue of sloppy grace vs holiness he's been having me speak about lately...a message that many do not want to hear, as the pastor's wife in the dream.

"Caught in the crossfire." CROSSFIRE: Used to refer to a situation in which two or more groups are arguing with each other.

Eph 4: As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to one hope when you were called-- 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." 9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions ? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

And this warning about what the true apostolic looks like...

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears. "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. I have not coveted anyone's silver or gold or clothing. You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'' ~ Acts 20:28-35

It's all about the business of money (mammon). Giving vs receiving. Been chewing on Malachi 3 as well, somehow it's related.
~Warrior Princess