Baby with spoon and fork in her eye

Archives for 2013
Charys
Diamond Member

Baby with spoon and fork in her eye

Post by Charys »

Looking for confirmation and help with parts I'm not understanding yet.

A teenage girl and I are in the children's playroom. (Irl she is a sweetheart, but after she got a boyfriend was not always an attentive babysitter. At times the girl also seems like a music student I used to have who was very gifted academically but had minimal musical talent. Her parents wanted her to be in every possible kind of lesson anyway.)

I suddenly realize that no one is looking after my new baby granddaughter (name means lively or living love). I guess we both thought the other was doing it. The baby is on the counter of the children's play kitchen.

The girl jumps up and moves the baby back a couple of inches from the edge then folds a red bandana into a triangle on the floor to wrap her in.

Before she does that somehow the baby either falls or jumps onto a cushion a couple of feet away on the floor and clings to it.

I run to get her and realize there is a spoon stuck in her eye. I am very upset and pull the spoon out. Somehow it went above her eyeball and didn't seem to cause much damage. But I look again and there is a fork in her right eye through the iris and lens. (For some reason I am aware the damaged eye is on my left as I look at her.) I am extremely upset.

I go look for my daughter. I am on the main floor of a house that is a mansion with double curved staircases. She is upstairs and I run up the stairs saying call 911! Even though I know better I pull the fork from the baby's eye. It remains intact. She closes them but the injured eye is seeping fluid down her cheek. I am yelling that we have to take the baby to Emergency.

My daughter calmly takes the baby in her arms and cuddles her then says to the baby, "Once a prophet has been healed she cannot be wounded again."

There are other people around, like assistants, and they do not seem upset, but rather calm. The baby does not cry and after a while although her eyelid is a bit red and seeping it looks like it has improved a little.

We all start walking down the stairs which are now very wide like you would see on some church platforms. The assistant-type people get together to feed her. I hear them say what she needs is proper nutrition and I see a container of greens like kale and hear, "organic vegetables."
...that I might know Him...
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Bump
Because my little baby granddaughter, who is three months old this week, actually did get an infection in the same eye I saw in the dream. One dr. said it was a blocked tear duct and another said it was infected. In any event it has been red and seeping and I have had to clean "gunk" out of it and apply drops several times a day since I have been here looking after the children while my daughter is with her husband (in critical condition with flesh eating disease for 2 weeks now.)

Yesterday the seeping suddenly stopped and today the eye is totally healed!

I just feel there is more to this dream than I am seeing.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

My daughter calmly takes the baby in her arms and cuddles her then says to the baby, "Once a prophet has been healed she cannot be wounded again."
Hi beautiful Charys

This paragraph particular, had a STRONG impact on me to the point where I wanted to cry. It really spoke to me of your daughter's strength and faith and a deep belief system that's intact. And just how calm she and the other helpers were in the situation. Beautiful.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi Charys,
Just a few questions that I have are.......
A teenage girl and I are in the children's playroom.
Where is the children's playroom? In your home or church?

Was the baby born into a wealthy family?
on me to the point where I wanted to cry.
I was surprised when I read this that CJ posted because the same thing happened to me. Tears came to my eyes pondering this dream ...

I'm sure this is a very serious dream....
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Seems to me the basic message here is grace coupled with unity (as in, learning to draw on other's giftings).

The teen respresents spiritual immaturity. Not in a bad sense, as it's a learning process for all of us, all in His perfect timing. She responds quickly to danger, moving baby back from the edge then covering her in the blood (the red bandana/triangle). She's moving in her gift/what she knows. Her inattention in the interim is not due to 'slacking off' but her lack of experience/understanding. She doesn't yet know that where one gift leaves off, another begins. She needs to learn to draw on other's gifts.

There's grace for that...evidenced by the baby falling/jumping onto a cushion a couple feet away and clinging to it.

Mmm...all our gifts working together result in unity as we all see in part. Ok, I'm not articulating this very well....point is, we/our gifts are part of a whole (we all see in part). It is only when all the parts work in unity that we function as The Body of Christ.
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thank you cj, lady and discerning.

Two other friends had the same reaction to that phrase when I told them the dream.

Whatever is going on around us there seems to be something being emphasized about the healing in the body of Christ and the importance of the horizontal love between members who have first received the love of the Father.

Yes. I did not see this before:
we/our gifts are part of a whole (we all see in part). It is only when all the parts work in unity that we function as The Body of Christ.
Thank you.

Lady, the children' playroom is in the lower level of my daughter and son-in-law's ordinary bi-level house (half basement). They are not financially wealthy by North American standards -but rich in many other ways.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi Charys,

Here is a something I found interesting about seeing a baby in your dream...how much of this is true, I can not tell, but put it here for your discernment...something may make sense.
Dreaming of a baby in your dream means innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies may symbolize something in your own inner nature which is pure, vulnerable, and/or uncorrupted. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; You do not want to let others know of your weaknesses.

Quite a few scriptures have come to mind. I'll let you see if any speak and confirm with you.

I'm wondering if "the prophet" means the prophetic role in the church?

The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets, this is why 4 people reacted the same way when hearing and pondering this dream. There was a mourning about this dream.

Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.

Bear one anothers burdens and so fulfill the love of Christ.

Baby cast or fell to the floor. Lower floor. Downcast.

The spoon and fork in the eye. ( My tears have been my food day and night. ) Ps 42

Psalm 42...
42 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
3 MY TEARS HAVE BEEN MY FOOD DAY AND NIGHT,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”

4 When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise,
With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
7 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
8 The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.

Mathew Henry commentary...
“My tears have been my meat day and night during this forced absence from God’s house.” His circumstances were sorrowful, and he accommodated himself to them, received the impressions and returned the signs of sorrow. Even the royal prophet was a weeping prophet when he wanted the comforts of God’s house. His tears were mingled with his meat; nay, they were his meat day and night; he fed, he feasted, upon his own tears, when there was such just cause for them; and it was a satisfaction to him that he found his heart so much affected with a grievance of this nature.

Mathew 21
And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read,

‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have perfected praise’?

The bandana reminds me of the handkerchief used by Paul and believers today to heal.

Miracles Glorify Christ

Act 19...
11 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.

This is about the better nutrition....

Psalm 144
16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord,
Than great treasure with trouble.
17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is,
Than a fatted calf with hatred.

Praying all damages will be healed....
Hoping in God Charys, and we will yet praise Him!!

Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11