Cougar

Archives for 2013
Ruth
Diamond Member

Cougar

Post by Ruth »

Can you tell me what a cougar means in a dream? I think it grabbed my arm but it didn't bite me. I remember my son girlfriends dog was there don't know why. Didn't run from it cause I knew it would chase me. That's all I remember.

Thanks
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Ruth,

Maybe look up cougar and see what it's qualities are. It may describe the behaviours of someone close to you at the moment. Just a thought.

If it grabs your arm but doesn't bite, I guess it would mean it's trying to stop you, but is stopping short of doing any real damage.

If your son's girlfriend's dog is in the dream, then I would guess this dream is about them.

If your scared of the dog chasing you, I'm wondering if it means you're scared of a part of your son's girlfriend's personality. OR it could mean you believe your son's girlfriend will be upset with you, or that's how you perceive it', if you don't do something a certain way.

Just wondering, having seen your other two dreams, about your son and prison and your leg ... do you feel like you HAVE to do something on your son's behalf, or get involved in that? Or the opposite, that you just want to stay right away from it but you're getting drawn in?

Hope some of these questions/comments help you sort through it all.

I imagine it's all been a bit stressful for you.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi Ruth,

I think a cougar is a part of the cat/lion family. I notice you realized you didn't have to run....
this is where resisting him steadfast "in the faith" comes in.

1Peter 5
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may[d] the God of all grace, who called us[e] to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Ruth, perhaps the cougar could be a representation of someone or something that you have been acutely aware of and you do not trust. Someone or something that is attempting to get a hold of you in some regard. Here are some ideas on what arm may symbolize: function, reach/pull, strength, status, talents, grasp, or available resources . As usual toss if it does not help.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

In the bible the arm is often used as a symbol of strength and power.

Job 35:9
“People cry out under a load of oppression; they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful."

Psalm 79:11
"May the groans of the prisoners come before you; with your strong arm preserve those condemned to die."

Psalm 89:10
"You crushed Rahab like one of the slain; with your strong arm you scattered your enemies."

Ezekiel 17:9
“Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Will it thrive? Will it not be uprooted and stripped of its fruit so that it withers? All its new growth will wither. It will not take a strong arm or many people to pull it up by the roots.