Best friends with your husband

Archives for 2013
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

CJ, these scriptures come to mind. This dream seems to be about testing the spirits, using discernment, and discretion (the clothing)[external], and searching the scriptures..... Pattern (cobblestone tiles)..... Ikea may represent homemaker/homemaking.

Discretion....
[n] the trait of judging wisely and objectively; "a man of discernment"
[n] the power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies
[n] knowing how to avoid embarrassment or distress; "
[n] refined taste; tact
[n] freedom to act or judge on one's own

Chaste.....
Pure in thought and act; innocent; free from lewdness and
obscenity, or indecency in act or speech; modest; as, a
chaste mind; chaste eyes.

1 John 4
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Titus 2
Qualities of a Sound Church

2 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.

So women when they are married are admonished to be obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed....that is a pretty serious word.

blaspheme.....
[v] speak of in an irrevent or impious manner;
[v] utter obscenities or profanities;

1 Corinthians 7 are the principles of marriage/unmarried/widows.

Believing women are admonished to marry whomever they wish, but only in the Lord. 1 Corinth 7:39

I'm wondering about the word "square" and how it fits with you?
square...
[n] an open area at the meeting of two or more streets
[n] (informal) a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views
[n] someone who doesn't understand what is going on
[adv] in a straight direct way; "looked him squarely in the eye"; "ran square into me"
[adj] (slang) rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
[v] be compatible with; "one idea squares with another"
[v] cause to match, as of ideas or acts

There are many, many word pictures in this dream....:)

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi LiC
This dream seems to be about testing the spirits, using discernment, and discretion (the clothing)[external], and searching the scriptures..... Pattern (cobblestone tiles).....
I probably don't formally get into testing spirits, because I pretty much can sense things immediately i.e. discern quickly (a gift of discerning of spirits).

Not sure that I would say discretion fits as far as I can tell. The clothing is about me feeling vulnerable where I would normally feel confident (the skirt) and feeling a bit overwhelmed (the top layers).

The, IMO, strange reference to Ikea made sense once I did a bit of research. Not giving anything away there because it's private, but it's one of those random funnies that God does when He's answering prayers. (This dream is a response to a question I asked God before I went to sleep).

The square to me just means being central to life. Nothing more than that. The other place where there were cobble type tiles was just a place of beauty as I waited for my mother. It's something that's symbolic to me - something I find beautiful, rather than a scripture reference or anything like that. And I believe Newbie's correct where she said she thought it was me waiting on the Spirit. It definitely fits. God is working behind the scenes and I just have to wait.

The reference to Deuteronomy is about covenant, I believe.

Most of the symbols in this dream are peculiar to me rather than being generic symbols.

Nicole speaks to me of attaining victory through understanding the fullness of God's grace (victory of the people). She's popped up in a few dreams, having that meaning.

Craig is a reference to something that is shared by both Craig and I and is a reference to living life to the full. Craig certainly does that more than I, which is why he's stretched to the limit and so busy.

The fig tree (one of my all time favourite trees - we have magnificent native figs here) is a reference to being sheltered and I feel peaceful just thinking about it.

So it's all good.

The dream is about me being victorious, but I just have to wait for God to do what he has to do behind the scenes.

Newbie,

I think I know what the lion roaring was ! Phew. I thought of it in the middle of the night. I have twice felt that maybe God had chosen particular men for me to marry and neither of them appealed. One of them in particular, I felt some stress attached to it for various reasons - mostly other people telling me 'maybe he's the ONE, you should seriously think about this'. Aaaagggghhhhh. I believe God's saying 'it's ok, I wasn't forcing you to marry him'.