Crawling towards Everest's peak

Archives for 2013
charlie
Diamond Member

Crawling towards Everest's peak

Post by charlie »

Shalom!

This is hubs dream written from his perspective:

I am climbing mount Everest and I am acutely aware that I have only a simple back pack and an ordinary pair of karrimore walking shoes, yet the summit is in reach, so I'd obviously made it this far.

To reach the summit I have to cross a sheer ledge with steep drops either side. I get down on my stomach and crawl, inching my way forward. I am aware that I am running out of time as my body is lacking oxygen and I only have a short time to reach the summit and begin my decent.

I make it and the dream ends.

Thanks for reading/sharing
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

The dream may relate to overcoming something that has been very strenuous and tough to deal with. Like seeing a light at the end of a dark tunnel. May be a reminder from the Father that there is hope and time left for you and to just keep going.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Charlie,

I was just reading something on Elijahlist last night (one of the most recent articles) and they referred to Mt Everest - a pun ... 'ever rest'.

Just thought I throw that in there in case it has meaning for you.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks A Warriors heart...yes, that would be about right...!

Crackerjack...interestingly I also had thought re 'ever rest' pun in relation to it...I had also thought about 'carry more' in relation to his karrimore walking shoes.

We have been struggling under both a heavy burden and a sense of no light at the end of the tunnel on couple of fronts for a while...hubs in particular needs to enter into that rest with the perspective one gets from the top of the mountain... I pray he will.

Thanks again!
shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I had also thought about 'carry more' in relation to his karrimore walking shoes.
Ah yes, I missed that one!

Hmmm, so hard sometimes, isn't it, to take your eyes off the annoying stuff that's going on around, and to cast your cares on Him.

At least, as your husband dreams tells you ... you make it! And the rest is not far off now.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks Crackerjack!

Yes, it is reassuring in general terms...there is always rest to be found in Him in the hardest of times but in specific terms...decisions which need to be made for the next mountain climb so to speak...not much detail....we can make our offer of sacrifice on the mountain top but life goes on and we need to come down from that mountain and pilgrimage on to the next...I feel that's the phase we are in...hubs wants to set up camp and stay put...after all its been a hard slog getting to the destination...but as you know if you stay put on the top of Everest you die with the shortage of oxygen...I don't think it was coincidence that in his dream the lack of oxygen was noted by him as an issue...we've planted our kingdom flag so to speak and its time to come down and move on, I've come to see valleys as places of abundance and fellowship and restoration the mountain tops are not to be clung to but remembered as significant places in our journey...places which test endurance and calling and envision us, give us perspective...

Well, watch this space...

shalom and thanks Crackerjack
charlie
Charlie
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi Charlie,
I'm wondering if this is a mountain that needs to be removed. Sometimes one would rather climb the mountain (totally exhausting) instead of asking the Lord to remove it.... hmmm.

I remember hearing this sometime back. In the days when there were no cars, transportation systems and people were on horses, on foot, and such, thier journey would often bring them to mountains. Going over and around would make thier journey a lot harder and longer. They had to believe by faith for God to remove them so that they could pass through.

Anyway thanks for the dream....I have a lot to learn today!!!

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Forgiveness and Prayer

25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Here's a little added Mathew Henry commentary for added instruction....

Whosoever shall say to this mountain, this mount of Olives, Be removed, and be cast into the sea; if he has but any word of God, general or particular, to build his faith upon, and if he shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith, according to the warrant he has from what God hath said, shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Through the strength and power of God in Christ, the greatest difficulty shall be got over, and the thing shall be effected. And therefore (Mark 11:24), “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray believe that ye shall receive them; nay, believe that ye do receive them, and he that has power to give them, saith, Ye shall have them. I say unto you, Ye shall, Mark 11:24. Verily I say unto you, Ye shall,” Mark 11:23. Now this is to be applied, [1.] To that faith of miracles which the apostles and first preachers of the gospel were endued with, which did wonders in things natural, healing the sick, raising the dead, casting out devils; these were, in effect, the removing of mountains. The apostles speak of a faith which would do that, and yet might be found where holy love was not, 1 Cor. 13:2. [2.] It may be applied to that miracle of faith, which all true Christians are endued with, which doeth wonders in things spiritual. It justifies us (Rom. 5:1), and so removes the mountains of guilt, and casts them into the depths of the sea, never to rise up in judgment against us, Mic. 7:19. It purifies the heart (Acts 15:9), and so removes mountains of corruption, and makes them plains before the grace of God, Zech. 4:7. It is by faith that the world is conquered, Satan’s fiery darts are quenched, a soul is crucified with Christ, and yet lives; by faith we set the Lord always before us, and see him that is invisible, and have him present to our minds; and this is effectual to remove mountains, for at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob, the mountains were not only moved, but removed, Ps. 114:4-7.

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

That's No Mountain ~ Crabb Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F75daPS36oo
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

charlie wrote:Thanks A Warriors heart...yes, that would be about right...!

Crackerjack...interestingly I also had thought re 'ever rest' pun in relation to it...I had also thought about 'carry more' in relation to his karrimore walking shoes.

We have been struggling under both a heavy burden and a sense of no light at the end of the tunnel on couple of fronts for a while...hubs in particular needs to enter into that rest with the perspective one gets from the top of the mountain... I pray he will.

Thanks again!
shalom
charlie
The Lord wants you and your husband to know that things will go well for you. He had to cross that sheer ledge in the dream and that's the amount of faith that is necessary to get through this time of testing. When you're down in the dust sometimes you have to posture yourself that way,on your knees and stomach and cry out to The Lord. May be a matter of worship to bring on the rest. Blessing God for this mighty fulfillment in your lives!

I kings 18 -Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bent down to the ground and put his face between His knees when he had heard that there was going to be heavy rain. Elijah in midst of the impending storm climbed up that mountain with fervency and got on his knees, bowed down, and the Lord sent down His power upon Elijah. They hadn't experienced rain in 7 years and the King had told them that no rain would fall on the land but when he bowed himself the rain (blessings) fell and the power of the Lord came down. He kept praying and praying on the mount telling His servant to go and look to see if there was any sight of rain. He sent the servant 7 times before there was any sign of rain. He believed that the rain was coming and did not stop believing. It took some time but it finally came. Stay there stay on the mountain, don't give up and the blessings and power of God will fall on you. I believe The Lord wants to bestow upon you the same power that He gave to Elijah. Elijah climbed up the mountain and He did not die on it. Instead of dying, he was filled with the power of God!

Prayerfully
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks Lady in Christ...there are always mountains which need to be removed...hubs reflecting on what you and others wrote (you know...in the cave time!!). Blessings and thanks for all those scriptural reminders!

A Warrior's Heart...wonderful reminders...actually 7 years is highly appropriate at this time as it is 7 years since we came back to the UK...7 challenging years...thank you for your encouraging heart...I've been thinking about these verses recently where Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:

For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

I feel like someone to whom much has been given but who is walking in little power, wearied and silohed by the circumstances of life...both hubs and I gave up lucrative careers to serve full time and now I feel guilty that people are even financially supporting us...when there are so many others out there seemingly faithful and deserving of support...and we are so lacking at this time...so lacking in God's power, so disillusioned by the selfishness and even careerism of other Christians ostensibly working for the Kingdom and yet at the same time so aware that we have shown ourselves weak...we are tired of seeing the brokenness in the body without seemingly having the power to speak life and bring His gifts to life...

I could go on...we just need to be filled with His power and wisdom and see clearly the way forward...we celebrate 20 years of marriage in a few days time and we have 20 (human years!) till retirement...I don't want to waste another moment...

shalom
charlie
Charlie
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I feel like someone to whom much has been given but who is walking in little power, wearied and silohed by the circumstances of life...both hubs and I gave up lucrative careers to serve full time and now I feel guilty that people are even financially supporting us...when there are so many others out there seemingly faithful and deserving of support...and we are so lacking at this time...so lacking in God's power, so disillusioned by the selfishness and even careerism of other Christians ostensibly working for the Kingdom and yet at the same time so aware that we have shown ourselves weak...we are tired of seeing the brokenness in the body without seemingly having the power to speak life and bring His gifts to life...

Charlie, I was reading something very recently about this very thing. I can't recall off the top of my head who wrote it (someone in full-time ministry) but when I do I'll send it to you. About the shift that's happened in the church world-wide to do with lack of support for those in full-time ministry.

My encouragement to you, is that you DO have power, it's there. We've just been through (and seem to still be in) a strange season where it's not flowing the way it used to???? I've noticed it too!

Will get back to you.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Ok Charlie. . .I prayed to be a blessing to you with scripture and found Job 9:5
5) It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how, When He overturns them in His anger;
6) Who Shakes the earth out of its place, And its pillars tremble:
7) Who commands the sun not to shine, And sets a seal upon the stars;
8)Who alone stretches out the heavens And tramples down the waves of the sea;
9) Who makes the bear, Orion & the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south;
10 Who does great things, unfathomable, And wondrous works without number.

NOTE:
The Study bible groups these verses together with the following thoughts:
A beautiful hymn about Gods greatness. But Job is not blessed by it for he does not see that God's power is controlled by goodness and justice.

So I then thought to scroll thru some of your posts to see if this will minister to you and saw your husbands dream.

Charlie. . . I read the part of your post regarding having given up lucrative careers to serve & now feel guilty that people are financially supporting you - when you see others you think are more deserving. Those are certainly thoughts & feelings someone might ponder - someone with integrity. I can only imagine it must be hard to remain 100% steadfast all the time. God Bless you for your honest sincere expressions here.
Jesus is the Saviour
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

bella wrote:
My encouragement to you, is that you DO have power, it's there. We've just been through (and seem to still be in) a strange season where it's not flowing the way it used to???? I've noticed it too!

Will get back to you.
Bless you! Thanks for your encouragement Bella. I think also there is a transition of maturity in the second half of life which I'm in the process of when you begin to realise that those words of Paul's are truly true, which say

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" 2 Cor. 12:9

Shalom and strength in weakness to you!

charlie
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Shine...thanks for your encouragement! IN our study group last night a few of us who have gone through some painful transitions over the last year were reflecting on the wisdom which can only be learned through persevering in faith through painful circumstances, rather than avoiding them or finding the easy 'exit'...we are called to the mountain top by perseverance and it can be very painful acknowledge how much we need to release and let go of our ego baggage!!

shalom!
charlie
Charlie
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Sacred Mountain, I Bow my Heart ~ Grace Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy0CuZeE0vA

Oxygen ~ Grace Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqt_9oxJaRg

God Bless you and your husband.