Tornado and Tsunami dream

Archived Dreams from 2014
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Tornado and Tsunami dream

Post by ElijahsTask »

It's around 3pm in the afternoon.

I'm in a large city, walking down the street with sky scraper type tall buildings to my right.

My spirit urges me to turn around.

In the sky just above me,

I see a huge dark blue grey tornado swirling ever so fast over head. I look up and can see the center of it.

I turn to run.

I look back over my shoulder only to see the street flooding with tsunami type flooding. I am now engulfed in this water.

It looks like the bow of a Naval ship headed right for me. I spring to my left out of the water and roll 3 times and was able to avoid the point/bow of this massive ship.

End Of Dream
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

What was your main feeling?
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

I was in awe of the magnitude of the size of the tornado, felt caught off guard by the water and felt the need to get out of the way of the oncoming ship.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

ElijahsTask wrote:..........in awe of the magnitude..... caught off guard........and felt the need to get out of the way......
Feel familiar?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

UHW, thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean. 8)
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Do those thoughts and feelings apply any area in your real life?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

If this dream would have been in July, I'd say yes.

This dream was in August. Perhaps it's a warning dream of things to come.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Yes, perhaps.

Since it is wind and water, I would think it will be a type of spiritual or ministerial overwhelming. A large ship is often a type of ministry carrying believers (or like minded) along in the Spirit (on the water).

Since you thought of the ship as a Naval type, that thought is significant and it causes me to think that it is related to something more "official". ....You dodged it though, and it did not harm you.

The 3 o'clock is significant, but I am not feeling like it has a "typical" meaning....I think you will know why the 3, or that time of day, was used. It feels like an anchor...so you will know to relate the events to this dream.

The Spirit "urged you to turn around", and it is a comfort to know that He is influencing you and guarding you through the event.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

((((((UHW))))))

Thank you for being patient with me.

What you said has clicked with me. I have mulled this dream over and over.

The only thing that really frightened me was the ship. I didn't want to get sucked into it's current.

IRL, I used to body surf and there was one wave I didn't swim away from fast enough and it picked me up and rolled and tumbled me under the water and I felt like I was being pushed down deeper every time that wave would come up only to slam back down again, it felt like forever. I thought for sure I was going to die.

It rolled me right up next to the shore. That was a horrible experience and when I saw that ship in my dream, I could almost feel that sensation of being sucked under and not coming up. That was scary.

It was only by God's mercy I didn't die.

I wasn't really "afraid" of the tornado, I just didn't want to be in the way of it.

Oddly enough, the tsunami type flooding didn't frighten me.

I honestly believe the Lord is going to be doing some stirring up in my life.

I had a "feel" for the 3 o'clock time frame but right now it escapes me because I'm tired. I will be back regarding this though :wink:

Thank you so much for your input.

Bless you UHW,

ditte3, thank you for asking that invaluable question.

God bless you in your ministry

ET :wink:
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

That would be a terror invoking memory.

This reminds me of 2Corinthians 4. That whole chapter is about our ministries....sufferings and goals. It would be good to read it again.

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair, Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

....and in your dream.... having intent to overwhelm, but not being overcome.