Maps?

Archives for 2008
starveartist

Maps?

Post by starveartist »

My mother would like to know what maps mean in dreams....thanks!
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Maybe guidance, direction.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I have also heard that a map can symbolize the "Word of God"..because it is our map in the world...

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

depending on the dream of course.. it could mean a literal geographic location that GOd is calling someone to interceed for..
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

In my dreams I have seen map mean all of those things as well. In general maps are used to chart your course when you don't know exactly where you are going. The word map is only used once in the NIV version of the Bible in Joshua 18:8 to denote mapping out the land they were to take, the other versions of the Bible use the word Describe instead of map. When I have seen particular places highlighted on a map in a dream, they were more specific in nature and had meaning due to the place highlighted.

in Christ,
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

Depending on the context of the dream...I also think of maps as "blueprints" like blueprints from heaven...giving direction
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.