The Road Less Traveled

Archives for 2008
NOTW
Diamond Member

The Road Less Traveled

Post by NOTW »

I had the strangest dream that I can hardly put into words.

I was traveling and at first I traveled by plane and then I was trying to get back home by foot and I new the road signs along the way (it was like I had seen them before but I'm sure I hadn't). My travels were strange, I even went inside a house to an upper level and back down again along this road that I traveled (it was sort of like a maze but I new the way). I came across a talking rabbit that was like a large animated creature that was dressed in a blue coat and bow tie and I was not afraid of him but showed concern and love for him as I went through this maze. He seemed to not want me to leave but understood that I had to go. He was sort of like a companion in this part of the dream. Also, my husband was following me the whole way. (since I knew the how to get where we were going)

I then awoke and I asked Jesus what it meant and the words came to me that I would travel the road less traveled and I would know the road signs to get there.

Does anyone have anything to add? The big rabbit is kindof throwing me off a bit.

Love to all!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Kinda an alice in wonderland thing with the rabbit, cool. Anyway, all I got was the verse Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." And the poem by Robert Frost.

http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=108

http://www.internal.org/list_poems.phtml?authorID=7

in Christ,
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Thank you - I also thought of the rabit in Alice in Wonderland...

What I'm confused about is that I've been saved since I was 7 so I was already going to Heaven so why would I dream about the narrow road (I had also thought about this while discussing with a friend)?

I guess what I'm saying is, do you think that more signs and wonders will be revealed to me along this road? I feel like in the dream that I would know the ins and outs of this road like the back of my hand. I just know which way to turn and go. Or maybe I'll know the road so well that I will show others the way as did my husband who was following me! (My husband used to be Morman and was converted/saved about a year ago.)

Thanks for reading and thanks for the beautiful poem!
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

That is a great promise because not all will travel this road, even Christians do not seek the will of the Lord unless they seek the spiritual side and are led by Him and not the flesh. I do not have any interps, however, it is pretty neat to know that the Lord will lead you down this narrow path.

JLL
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The narrow path or the road less traveled doesn't just pertain to salvation alone, and it doesn't stop there either. It is a way of living, a way of life. Some people call it holiness, some people call it sanctification, some people call it the Christian walk. We need to walk with the Lord our entire lifetime in such a way that the World will know that we are different. They will know that we are set apart and holy unto Him. I could go on for hours on this subject, but I will leave it at this for now. Here is a great song that came to mind:

The Road to Zion - Petra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2mSqHFjeM (corrected link)

in Christ,
Last edited by bjcollin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

That was a beautiful song! Thank you for the clarification on this. I posted another link to the song b/c the other one gave me errors on the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUkwDccef4

Thanks again,

BJCollin
jen_heb1024

Rabbit as Distraction

Post by jen_heb1024 »

I had a similiar dream in which was more about the journey back to a familiar place but with a changed spirit and mind.

As far as the rabbit maybe it is a wordly-distraction. In alice in wonderland the rabbit is always running late and I know it is easy to become distracted by things that are even good but not necessarily a blessing.
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

You know, I just had a thought about the rabbit...

I'm thinking the rabbit means - Do not Tarry. Like in the story of the Tortoise and the Hare.

What do ya'll think?