strange dream do not understand

Archives for 2008
JoshuaM
Silver Member

strange dream do not understand

Post by JoshuaM »

dreamed of some native-like village near some militant village. the militant village was always attacking the native village. strangely, my secret place in this dream was the same place the native village went for safety.
There was somebody that seemed maybe from militant village but dressed like the native village wanted to join native village. They wanted to go to the safe place to join natives. Strange thing is in this dream i feel like my life is different. this person seemed to want to be girlfriend and in dream my mind is different as if my real life girlfriend is nonexistant. Not from selfishness, just i don't know of her in my dream. this person seemed to want hug, i hugged. then they go to safehouse. Then later in dream it seems I am looking for this same person, but she has a different face. Even though in dream I do not know of real life girlfriend, I recall after waking this current look seems similar as my real life girlfriend. She seems angry for some reason. But i've done nothing wrong. She is in dangerous area of the militants because she followed her father there, so i try to get her to go back to safe area. i give her a mask for disguise to get out of militant area safely. But soon I cannot find her. i will mention in the dream i had found a mask, i wore the mask to get into enemy camp then i take an enemy's mask to be more safe in the camp because the enemy soldiers would wear these masks.. The girl was daugter of the native chief. the native chief seemed to think he can go fight the enemy alone, and the daughter followed him there to fight with him but they really did not go prepared to fight because the enemy was a big army with many types of weapons. The natives had crude weapons that could not stand against them, especially when the chief was the only one with the weapons, the daughter seemed to think she can take them on by her bare hands but it is uncertain.

I do not know the meaning of this.

Except my life feels like a battle, and I seem to want to protect people. I have deep love for my real girlfriend and when we talk there is a deep good feeling, yet when we can't she seems so far.

Only thing I can think is the first face is not really girlfriend but something that is hard to discern its source and intention. But i know in my dream this one does not ruin the native people. But they were strange wanted to see all of the safe place. I guarantee in real life I only pursue my girlfriend, there is no others, there is no others i prefer either.

I will mention that in the dream I am not aware I am dreaming and I am not aware of reality. In the dream the setting and everything that is my reality.

But I am not sure the meaning of this, if it is meaning at all.
i think i will mention that after the dream the first face of girl i see reminds me of the turtle because she wants in and when she says she wants to join the native's side the first thing she said is "let me in, let me see the whole place" maybe says "the layout of the place" i get on guard and she says "easy i want to join"
and I let her in.
and the desire to protect the people is in this dream as well
the first image of a girl seems friendly but i am at first hesitant because she seems to come from enemy. it was strange that in that dream i had no knowledge of my real life outside the dream. so maybe it is true that the first girl represents one thing and the second girl represents something else.
Maybe the first girl is like the turtle in my other dream, and the second girl is representation of somebody i care about like real life girlfriend whom i worry about her sometimes. but i don't know.
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

this dream maybe is somewhat connected to this dream: http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7890
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

:bump:
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sounds like you are on the right track with your intrepretation. The only other thing I can think of are issues of trust and issues of communication between you two. Are there areas where the enemy might have gotten in and mixed the signals between the two of you in these areas? Especially when it comes to the area of Christianity and being saved? Just some thoughts.

in Christ,
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

she's accepted Christ, so have I. but there is currently a lack of communication and in this satan attacks me with worry sometimes. but she is so busy with work. but i know it's in God's hands.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

In the dream the native village seems to represent Christianity or the Church and the millitant village seems to represent the enemy that is against us. The enemy always wants to come in to steal kill and destroy (ref Jn 10:10), sometimes they try to come in as wolves in sheeps clothing or sometimes they try to put on a mask to hide or to be somebody they are not. The father attacking the enemy seems to represent Father God and the daughter following him is the Church as we are to be attacking the enemy with spiritual weapons. I think your getting somewhere with the two girls representing different things. The first seems to represent the old before Christ, and the second seems to represent the new with Christ following after Father God into battle. Interesting.

in Christ,
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

i seriously doubt the two girls represent different states of the church and the chief is God. simply because that suggestion also suggests that i am in the way of God moving his entire church forward. That simply is absurd to suggest that, because no one person can stop God from advancing His people.

God is not a stubborn chief who attempts to fight a battle with archaic man-made weapons, and God does not desire the church to fight spiritual battles with physical strength.

I truly believe now that the first woman is simply a weapon of the enemy to be on guard against like the turtle in the other dream, but not truly representing a turtle or woman. the turtle could mean no need to fear, trust God. the first woman could be keep guarding my heart, or be careful who I talk to about things. the chief i do not believe is God. maybe he is stubborn pride. but my love of the second girl i don't know why she follows that, unless it has to do with tradition. You see, my real girlfriend is from another culture, perhaps i have to keep sharing the Gospel with her since she is a new Christian, and maybe im supposed to focus less on what others think and worries, and about guiding people to follow the Lord more than self or tradition..... i will pray more certainly, but i am certain your idea that this is about the church, which in that way suggests i am in the way of GOd and the church's change, is not the case. Not every dream message is for the church as a whole, and not every head father figure is representative of God. in fact, in many of my other dreams i had overly dependence on my parents in real life, and I've been shown i need to step out of my comfort zone and just follow the Lord in faith.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I am sorry, I should have been more clear, when I said the church in your dream I was not thinking along the lines of the general organization called the church as in the body of Christ that you belong to. I was thinking more along the lines of the Holy Spirit within you or your girlfriend that makes you part of the church. I knew the dream was for you and not for the church in general. However, your points are well made and looking back on it I agree that this line of thinking makes no sense whatsoever. These were just my thinking out loud thoughts as I was reading the dream.

I like your intrepretation in your third paragraph. In my estimation, there is nothing wrong with mixed marriages as long as there is an equal yoking spiritually and both parties are Christians. My wife and I are a mixed couple and we are very happily going on 11 years of marriage this year. In the Chinese church we have been working in the last 4 years there are a lot of mixed couples as well. God Bless you JoshuaM, continue steping out in Faith toward God.

in Christ,
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

bjcollin wrote:I am sorry, I should have been more clear, when I said the church in your dream I was not thinking along the lines of the general organization called the church as in the body of Christ that you belong to. I was thinking more along the lines of the Holy Spirit within you or your girlfriend that makes you part of the church. I knew the dream was for you and not for the church in general. However, your points are well made and looking back on it I agree that this line of thinking makes no sense whatsoever. These were just my thinking out loud thoughts as I was reading the dream.
hmm i don't think im at all preventing her from growing. she is too busy to talk to me so we've not talked lately. I still think that chief is not God.
I like your intrepretation in your third paragraph. In my estimation, there is nothing wrong with mixed marriages as long as there is an equal yoking spiritually and both parties are Christians. My wife and I are a mixed couple and we are very happily going on 11 years of marriage this year. In the Chinese church we have been working in the last 4 years there are a lot of mixed couples as well. God Bless you JoshuaM, continue steping out in Faith toward God.

in Christ,
I attend Chinese church. Most friends are Chinese. I feel burden for ministering to Chinese and Thai. Girlfriend is Thai.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Awesome! Definately sounds like a calling from the Lord that you are working out in the Chinese church. Personally I don't believe that ultimately anybody holds anybody else down from growing in the Lord, we each are responsible for our own walks before the Lord. We grow or we don't grow by our own choices to be near to the Lord. The Lord has a plan for each of us and He is the one that works with us through the Holy Spirit for our own growth in Him. God Bless you.

in Christ,
JoshuaM
Silver Member

Post by JoshuaM »

after analysis recently and some situations I have to conclude this is relating to the turtle dream. see my update there.

In this dream the native village was important to me and the militant village clearly had no rights over the natives but they interfered by their own selfish ambition. One of their people who did not belong felt the need to interfere... The leader of the natives i think simply is a person of influence in the natives.

The person of influence influenced the girl who is my girlfriend in that dream and I did not understand this. A person recently interfered with myself and the girl who knows a group of people who had been against her and i. then i listened to the people who were against us by bad judgment, thus hurting my relationship with my girlfriend. Of course since I try to dissuade her after the fact, it doesn't make so much sense because me making a mistake causing trouble sort of clouds the area of trust once the mistake is made......