Word on a Telephone Pole

Archives for 2009
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Sorry, I just can't get this out of my mind! I remember this story I read awhile back and thought it may be of interest(It's a little long-sorry)
Evil Twins
Written By:
Bobby Conner

On May 9, 1998, I was given a very strong prophetic experience. I had been seeking the Lord for an answer concerning the constant whirl of confusion and mistrust that is pervasive among the leadership in the Body of Christ. There had to be an answer for the breakdown in communications. The Lord permitted me to go into the second heaven, which is where the devil makes his wicked schemes, and there I was able to observe evil twins. These come from the bowels of Satan himself. These twins were not identical, but were extremely wicked.

Deceptive Disguise

I observed them in their dressing room, watching them as they made preparations for their malicious mission. Putting on their deceptive disguise they dressed as telephone repairmen. Each had a very winsome personality and had the appearance of being so very helpful. In their disguise they appeared handsome, and even charming. No one could ever detect their dark demonic plans and purposes in the natural - those can only be seen by the Spirit.

Malicious Mission

They were dispatched to every home and office of all those that are in leadership; their mission is to place "bugs" in the telephone receivers. These "bugging devices" were planted in the telephone receiver in order to distort what was being said and heard.

Contaminate Communications

I was given their names. The names of these two evil twins are, "Accusation" and "Suspicion." Their mission is an attack against Christian leadership’s communication. Their goal is to totally contaminate our communications in order to breakdown our unity and trust of one another. They seek to hinder our exchange of information and expression of ideas by clouding and confusing our words. One of the definitions of the word "accusation" deals with charging someone with a crime by using our words. If we give ear to accusation, soon we will receive the evil ministry of suspicion, which fosters mistrust. This evil suspicion causes the suspicious person to always look for the very worst in others, whether they be one person or a large group. Additionally, a person with suspicions seems to be blinded to the good qualities of the other person(s).

Deception in Perception

These evil twins affect what is being said and heard. They cause deception in one’s perception. These bugs infect the system of communication causing doubt, skepticism, and apprehension which breeds mistrust and distrust, which brings about cynicism. Their goal is to bring about the paralyzation of pessimism. They bring about slander and all types of false allegations and contentious complaints. Our words are twisted and are used to promote a lack of trust that paralyzes the people of God.

Skepticism Separates

Many in leadership, because of this strife and debate, are driven to solitude and detachment. They detach and disconnect themselves from walking in real unity. When these two evil spirits minister their deception, it brings about a spirit of self-pity and a feeling of being alone. (This makes it seem that no other Christian can really be trusted.) The foe of our soul strikes best when we are going through self-pity and a feeling of isolation. An example of this would be John the Baptist when he had been placed into prison. The once bold prophetic voice who stood proclaiming the Lamb of God sits in a lonely prison cell and the thief of his soul comes to rob him of faith. The dark cloud of doubt moves over his heart and soon he is questioning if anything he has done is truly of God. (Matthew 11:1- We can make terrible mistakes while in this spirit of desperation and detachment. Look at Elijah after he withstood the hundreds of prophets of Jezebel. He now flees and asks the Lord to take his life. He is so misguided he thinks he is the only one left. (1 Kings 19)

Identification of the Bugging Devices

I was shown the names of some of these bugging devices. They are rivalry, which produces a spirit of competition, slander, gossip, faultfinding, murmuring, smearing, using our words to bring about insinuation and bitter backbiting. When this happens the very poison of malice is in our mouth. The Lord said He would give the Church power to take the sword of the Spirit and cut the throats of these two evil spirits. This would be accomplished by bringing every hidden feeling into the light. This will require us to be open and transparent with each other. We must be willing to confront each other concerning issues of the heart. We must guard our words when doing this. Our words are to be used to build up the Body of Christ, not to tear people down. Our words can be used by the Spirit of God to help or by Satan to hurt; to minister healing or inflict wounds. Words have a very powerful affect upon people.

Once a lady in the community had gotten very bitter in the local Church. She had let hatred build up in her heart and she began to go all over the community spreading slanders and lies about the Pastor. This went on for days. She would gossip to any and all who would give her their ear. Soon, the Spirit of God began to move powerfully on her, bringing about deep regret, moving her to go to the Pastor and apologize. The Pastor said, "Oh yes, I forgive you, but please come with me." He took a pillow filled with feathers, and led the repentant woman to a windy hill side where he cut open the feather pillow. The strong swirling wind took the loose feathers, blowing and scattering them all across the community. Then the Pastor said to the woman, "Now, please go and retrieve each feather." She exclaimed, "That is impossible. I could never gather them all up. They have gone all over the town!" The Pastor answered and said, "That’s right and neither will you be able to take back all the lies and allegations you spoke."

God will give grace to bridle the tongue if we are willing to face these foes. One of the main intentions of these demons is to bring about such a contamination in communication that all lines of communication are shut down. They intensely seek to foster allegations, malicious words and spiteful slander so that people in leadership will totally separate themselves from one another.

The Tongue

The Word of God reminds us that our tongue is an indicator of a person’s spirit. It reveals what is in the heart. Jesus said, in Matthew 12:33-37, "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." The Lord warns us that our words are a window to our heart so that what comes out of our mouth is a revealing of what is deep within our heart. Additionally, Christ declares in Matthew 15:18, "Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."

Taming the Tongue

In the timeless New Testament passage on the tongue, the Apostle James warns precisely against the evil of an uncontrolled and uncharitable tongue. James 3:1-12 (NIV), "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check. When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

Small but Powerful

The tongue is a very small yet powerful organ used for talking and taste. The Bible reveals many different descriptive examples using the tongue. For example:

The tongue can be sharpened like a sword. In Psalms 64:1-4, David states, "Hear My voice, O God, in my complaint; guard and preserve my life from the terror of the enemy. Hide me from the secret counsel and conspiracy of the ungodly, from the scheming of evildoers, Who whet their tongues like a sword, who aim venomous words like arrows, Who shoot from ambush at the blameless man; suddenly do they shoot at him, Without self-reproach or fear." The tongue can be used to speak forth words as a weapon for attack (Jeremiah 18:1 , wounding like a sharp sword (Psalms 57:4).

The tongue can be deadly like a serpent. (Psalms 140:3) This is a reference to its ability to utter sarcastic, caustic and poisonous words. The tongue is like a warrior’s bow, in that the tongue can project lies (Jeremiah 9:3), which can fly like an arrow, striking down with its deadly deceit. (Jeremiah 9: The tongue can be used for flattery which can be just as deadly and destructive as criticism. (Psalms 5:9, Proverbs 28:23)

Also see:
Backbiting (Psalms 15:3, Proverbs 25:23)
Cursing (Hosea 7:16)
Deceit (Psalms 50:19)
Destruction (Psalms 52:2)
Craftiness (Job 15:5)
Unrestrained speech (Psalms 73:9)
Lying (Psalms 109:2, Proverbs 26:2
Strife (Psalms 31:20)

The tongue can be yielded to the Spirit of God and used for good. Or yielded to the evil spirit and used for harm and hurt. Our words can heal or wound.

People may use the tongue to sin (Psalms 39:1) or to speak of the Lord’s great grace and tender mercies. (Psalms 35:2 Our tongue can be used to sound out the praises of God. (Psalms 126:2) The tongue of the wise renders health. (Proverbs 12:1 The tongue of the righteous is a treasure, like choice silver. (Proverbs 10:20) The Bible speaks of keeping the tongue from evil (Psalms 34:13), of guarding the tongue (Proverbs 21:23), and of bridling the tongue. (James 1:26)
Note the following verses from Proverbs:

Proverbs 8:8
All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. (NIV)

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. (NIV)

Proverbs 12:6
The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, but the speech of the upright rescues them. (NIV)

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. (NIV)

Proverbs 17:27
A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. (NIV)

Proverbs 18:4
The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters, but the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook. (NIV)

Proverbs 18:8
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts. (NIV)

Proverbs 19:27
Stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge. (NIV)

Proverbs 22:12
The eyes of the LORD keep watch over knowledge, but he frustrates the words of the unfaithful. (NIV)

Proverbs 22:17
Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, (NIV)

Proverbs 22:21
teaching you true and reliable words, so that you can give sound answers to him who sent you? (NIV)

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words. (NIV)

Proverbs 23:12
Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. (NIV)

Proverbs 29:19
A servant cannot be corrected by mere words; though he understands, he will not respond. (NIV)

Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him. (NIV)

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. (NIV)

Hatred and Strife

Contention is as a fire. It burns and sears the soul, burns up all that is good, and puts families, friends and even entire societies into a consuming flame. In Proverbs 26:20-22 we are told how that fire is commonly kindled and kept burning so that we may avoid the occasions of strife and so prevent the devilish consequences of it. The Scriptures warn that we must not give ear to talebearers for they feed the fire of contention with their verbal fuel. Each time we permit ourselves to join in slander or gossip, (it does not matter if we are the one speaking or the one listening), we are guilty of spreading wild fire set on fire by hell itself. (James 3:6) These words we speak are fireballs, causing devastation and destruction everywhere they fall. The souls of men are in a time of drought because of a lack of unity and mistrust; these winds of mistrust and doubt have fanned the flames of these wild fires into a burning raging fire. We cannot continue to give ear to anyone who is busy revealing secrets, and misrepresenting words and actions. These people are doing what they can to make relations, friends and neighbors jealous one of another, to alienate them one from another. This is the work of the accuser of the brethren himself. When a person is used to sow discord among believers they are working against the Spirit of God. Whisperers and backbiters are incendiaries not to be allowed to burn out of control. In Proverbs 18:8, the word declares that the words of a tale-bearer are as wounds - deep and dangerous wounds.
See Proverbs 26:23
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

OH MAN. Thank you for this...this is it right here. Exactly what is happening.

Contention is as a fire. It burns and sears the soul, burns up all that is good, and puts families, friends and even entire societies into a consuming flame. In Proverbs 26:20-22 we are told how that fire is commonly kindled and kept burning so that we may avoid the occasions of strife and so prevent the devilish consequences of it. The Scriptures warn that we must not give ear to talebearers for they feed the fire of contention with their verbal fuel. Each time we permit ourselves to join in slander or gossip, (it does not matter if we are the one speaking or the one listening), we are guilty of spreading wild fire set on fire by hell itself. (James 3:6) These words we speak are fireballs, causing devastation and destruction everywhere they fall. The souls of men are in a time of drought because of a lack of unity and mistrust; these winds of mistrust and doubt have fanned the flames of these wild fires into a burning raging fire. We cannot continue to give ear to anyone who is busy revealing secrets, and misrepresenting words and actions. These people are doing what they can to make relations, friends and neighbors jealous one of another, to alienate them one from another. This is the work of the accuser of the brethren himself. When a person is used to sow discord among believers they are working against the Spirit of God. Whisperers and backbiters are incendiaries not to be allowed to burn out of control. In Proverbs 18:8, the word declares that the words of a tale-bearer are as wounds - deep and dangerous wounds.
See Proverbs 26:23

So what do we do?
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

I mean what do we do one someone is operating in this stuff?
~Warrior Princess
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

IMHP

I personally had to just hold my tongue around these people and listen to their words (in light of the revelation we just read)

and respond to them strictly by the Holy Spirit,

In other words- only speak to them what the Holy Spirit gives you to speak because they are not operating in the Spirit but the flesh.

Thing is, the carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit so you may have to endure some trials for the sake of Jesus but He is always with us and will never leave us nor forsake us.

Always proceed with caution, we don't want to cast our pearls before swine though, lest they turn and trample us under foot, if ya' know what I mean!

One rule I try to live by:
If you don't know what to say:

DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! HOLD YOUR TONGUE and JUST LISTEN TO THEM. Don't forget the story in Job about Leviathan.
We don't have to fear just be cautious.
The Lord is my Shepherd
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Am I misunderstanding here? You're saying we're to listen to people who are engaging in witchcraft?

For example, there's this younger woman who plays the control and manipulation game with this mutual friend of ours. Of course, I'm sure she behaves totally different with him. He's either totally clueless or just doesn't say anything. Anyway, she is constantly asking me questions to see how much I know about what is going on with him...if I know such and such person (it's like she's trying to hint around that they are dating or something, but then she won't say) or even asks me if he's told me yet about a particular sin that he committed that caused him to leave a group we were a part of. She will drop something on you and then say...Ooops, gotta go! Stuff like that... It's all an attempt to keep me away from him.

From what I see in scripture, this kind of thing is not ok and I dont see anywhere God telling us to "listen" to this kind of stuff.

Or am I confused? LOL
~Warrior Princess
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

OH I see what your saying! I agree. If it's something like that, then If I were you I would just cut off all communication with her altogether.

In my situation, the person I am dealing with is a family member I live with every day.

I cannot escape this person.- Unless I were to move out- but I can't right now because I have 3 kids.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please just let the Holy Spirit be your guide in all situations because He knows everything.

I will be praying about your situation and pray the spirit will drop me a piece of relevant scripture to share.

Blessings Warrior :oops:
The Lord is my Shepherd
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

No worries, speaking of communication issues...LOL

Well, the Lord has been telling me to "cut it loose." and at first I thought cut off contact, but then I read this article. It seems breaking relationships would be something the devil would want to do. So I'm thinking this is about cutting loose the junk from the people involved. Of course, if they refuse to change, then you have to go to plan B.

So keep me in your prayers...I am going to do exactly like the article said, and approach it with openness and humility about how it is making ME feel and see what happens. Lord, I plead the blood of Jesus over me and this situation and all involved everywhere in these issues. Lord, break these things off in the name of Jesus. Give us true unity and love, so the world may know. I ask it in Jesus name, Amen.
~Warrior Princess
OverSeers
Administration Team

Post by OverSeers »

Hi There,

This is Pearls' dream and it has an interpretation, but as some other posts of late.....the focus is taken off what the original thread
(dream and dream interpretation in this case) was meant for and running off in a different direction.

I think we need to focus on dreams and dream interpretations in this thread. There are other rooms for the latter, if you want to go on personal train of thought!

Thanks for your consideration
Tehillah Admistration Team

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head....
~Psalm 133
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

I agree and I'm soooo sorry. I think this was my fault.
Please forgive me :oops:
The Lord is my Shepherd
OverSeers
Administration Team

Post by OverSeers »

No worries!

Be Blessed! :wink:
Tehillah Admistration Team

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head....
~Psalm 133
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

HisBlood wrote:P.S.

My husband and I have been sensing something huge is coming and B4 the close of this year, we will see suddenlies and the testimony thread you opened Charlie, will be flooded!

Matt. 6: 33 - Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness and ALL (gifts, fruits) these things shall be added unto you!! Amen & Amen!!

amen and amen and amen...let it be so according to you word ABBA...creator of the universe...
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Pearls of Wisdom wrote:Awesome, Come Lord Jesus, Come!

The "suddenlies" of God, come NOW!
((((Amen)))

(((((Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice))))

((((let jsutice roll like mighty rivers...righteousness like a never ending stream))))

restore that which the locust has eaten and release the promises which have been held back (seeing a flock of doves released from a cage)....

grace and mercy belong to you maker of heaven and earth....

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

charlie wrote:
Pearls of Wisdom wrote:Awesome, Come Lord Jesus, Come!

The "suddenlies" of God, come NOW!
((((Amen)))

(((((Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice))))

((((let jsutice roll like mighty rivers...righteousness like a never ending stream))))

restore that which the locust has eaten and release the promises which have been held back (seeing a flock of doves released from a cage)....

grace and mercy belong to you maker of heaven and earth....

charlie
Yes, Lord Jesus!

What a beautiful picture!

:mrgreen:
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Amen it sure is!!!
Have had visions of doves too, they are sooo beautiful!!

Love C
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

Hi Pearls!!!

Sounds like it is a posting to signs, wonders and miracles as the cross itself is a sign, wonder and miracle in the redemptive work of what Christ did at the cross. Remember signs are displayed on posts and with the display of the word "Nov." definitily sounds like the pole is carrying a significant message to tell and send out. I believe the Lord is going to be working in signs,wonders, and miracles in that particular month. I believe the Lord will be busy at work by redeeming his children into His GLORY!!! I definitely feel confirmation in your vision as the Lord has been showing me the same thing.

I will PM you with some of that confirmation.

Awesome Visions!!!

Love In HIM
Many Blessings
Mona
Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.