Fighting back in a nightmare

Archives for 2010
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Fighting back in a nightmare

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Two dreams this morning 1/26/10

I heard someone in the house so I got up and saw this weird man in my kitchen, he had some kind of hood over his head and he was kinda creepy. Then this woman with blonde hair was in my house and I was fussing at her and she left and I locked the door behind her.

2nd dream?

I was in bed with my dog Gracie and there was a fan on the floor at the foot of my bed, it was on high and the sound was pretty loud. We heard something and I got that feeling (nightmare) that someone was in the house and my dog got upset and was barking. I stuffed her under the covers and I was trying to get her to be quiet. I was very angry instead of cowering down hiding like usual, I was so mad that I threw myself back on the bed and grabbed the headboard and was screaming but I couldn’t yell loud enough and then my husband walked in the room from the bathroom.
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Fighting back in a nightmare

Post by Counted4Him »

Dance-in-the-son,

Normally, nightmare dreams are not of the Lord but can be warnings as well. A re-occuring nightmare could signify that there is an open door in your life to the enemy that hasn't been dealt with adequately. It's two dreams similar in theme, to pay attention needing prayer reinforcement. Time to hit the enemy back...Hard.

Gracie to me speaks "Grace". Gods peace upon you, hope others have more to share. May Gods peace rest with you and your loved ones. Santifiy your home and bedroom!

Because He lives! Shalom!
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

The common thread between the dreams is that an intruder is in your "house."

Your home represents your life. With the first dream, you exercised your authority and ran one of the trespassers out. It seems that the enemy is trying to enter your life, but you used spiritual warfare/prayer to run it out. Praise God.

With the second dream, you sensed or discerned that an intruder had entered your home, even though you didn't see it. Your "protector" was ready to protect and fight for you. You wanted to hide under the covers. Plus, you wanted to silence your protection.

The dog could represent a guardian angel or other form of spiritual protection, such as being covered by the blood of Jesus. Instead of letting that show, which could protect you, you tried to hide and silence it. Another interpretation is that in "real" life, you now discern or sense that something about a person, place or circumstance is not right. Instead of accepting that something is not right, you're choosing to ignore your intuition and discernment by "hiding" or denying your feelings (hiding the dog under the covers and trying to quiet him).

However, you got "fed up" with the intruder and decided to be vocal about it. Really, you again exercised your power to stand up and fight the enemy.

Here's my take.

The enemy is trying to trespass in your life. Since the bedroom represents creativity/livlihood, I'd say something related to your job, business or creative endeavors. However, because you were willing to confront and fight the enemy, you will be victorious in your spiritual battle. The dog represents spiritual protection through discernment and wisdom; pay attention to the information the Holy Spirit gives you and don't try to cover it by being in denial about people or circumstances.

If you listen to the silent messages the Holy Spirit gives you and take authority, you will only win your spiritual battles. Remember, you can't win against something that you deny. Denial doesn't stop the enemy.

Praise God!
Last edited by GaAngel on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OverSeers
Administration Team

Post by OverSeers »

If you listen to intuition and take authority, you will only win your spiritual battles.
Hi there GaAngel,

By 'intuition' do you mean Holy Spirit?
Tehillah Admistration Team

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head....
~Psalm 133
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Yes, the Holy Spirit gives up messages. At first, they come as feelings, hunches, etc. Don't ignore them. The more you listen to them, the stronger the messages come to you.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Thank you, this makes sense and I will ponder in prayer of what the Lord would have me to do at this time. Bless you...
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12