Archives for 2010
ditte3
Diamond Member

I saw "Nuremberg" from the distance and then from

Post by ditte3 »

Hi :)
Peace be with you.
I had this dream on the 15th of July,before waking up:
Before I start,I have to tell you a few things.They may be important,but maybe not.I'm not sure yet.
I live in Hungary.That's my country.My father's ancestors came from the Black Forest in Germany during the 17th century.
Throughout the years (about 25 years) I remember at least three times sreaming of towns/cities in Germany (Heidelberg about 24-25 years ago,Hamburg a few about 1-1,5 years ago,and now Nuremberg).

The dream:
I saw a nice town from about 1-2 kms distance.It was on a hill with white houses with red roofs,surronded by green vegetation.I remember thinking that it looked like the towns,villages in Austria.
I remember my pastor (just like in church service) saying something about the town.I don't remember what.
Suddenly what I saw,looked like a living picture/painting.A writing in white appeared on its right lower corner,where signitures are on paintings.I don't know what the writing was.

Suddenly I was flying above the town.I was not alone.As if someone was with me.
It was a bright sunny say.I flew about ten (maybe more) meters above the roofs.
I dreamed that it was the same town,yet it looked different.When I saw the town before,it had newer houses,now I saw ancient houses (maybe gothic style or similar) mostly churches and other old buildings of stone.I remember thinking how beautiful it was.The building reminded me of gothic style (?) but also a bit of the old churches of England,but not entirely.
Suddenly it came into my mind,that it's Nuremberg (Nürnberg).
(I've been to Nuremberg years ago,but I don't remember it looking like this.Sometimes the places I dream about,look different in my dreams than in real life.)
I saw an ancient ruiny church which had no roof.It reminded me of an old gothic church in Hungary.I said:"I remember this one.It has a grave yard/garden in it."(again like at churches in England).Maybe it has nothing to do with it,yet it's interesting.)And indeed i saw the grave yard and the graves around and in (?) the church,because it had no roof.It was not unambigous if it was around or in the church or both.

In real life I never saw something like that in Nuremberg.

I was thinking that even in its ruins it looked so beautiful.
I thought to myself:"What a beautiful town.I wish I could see it again from the distance like in the beginning of the dream."(or something like that.)But then the alarm clock woke me up.

If you have any thoughts or insights please do tell.
God bless you all. :)
Last edited by ditte3 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Any thoughts? :)
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi ditte:

I've been thinking about your dream and seeking the Lord.

The picture you see seems to be a work of art. We know who the true artist of life is. Looks like you are being shown a picture of something, but also being reminded to see it as God's artwork. Sometimes helps to see life this way.

Nuremberg and even Austria are notable for much involvement in WWII. Germany was very demolished during the war.

Wondering if this overview of what you are seeing is like God wanting to show you the big picture, like a work of art. There is both the beauty of nature and the towns and buildings, even ancient structures that you find beautiful.

Wondering if you are feeling your life is as a ruined city and the Lord is giving you his vision to see the beauty even in the ruins.

The church with no roof seems remarkable. That would be an unusual sight to see. But possibly the open roof would indicate the reason for all the ruins--to open people up to God and spiritual matters in a way that would not otherwise occur. If everything was always good people would just enjoy life and never feel a need to ponder the reasons for life or try to make a connection to God.

As always, please seek the Lord for accuracy!

Love and blessing!
Peggy O.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

That's great!The Lord is the true artist of life.How true.

I will pray about what you said about the town and the other things.Very interesting.
In fact the town was not in ruins,only this one church,but there were old houses.
The open roof and open people up to God and spiritual matters is a very very good thought!
It was a great dream,it was all positive.

Thank you for your help.

I also read that Nuremberg had a great role in Reformation during the 16th century (as well as Heidelberg.I saw it in a dream many years ago).
Intersting.

God bless you. :)
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi again Ditte3:

(for prayerful consideration)

I think the thing Nuremberg is most famous for is the Nuremberg trials after WWII.

During a trial all things are laid out and examined.

Seems the church and each of us as individuals is being laid out and examined. During a personal time of "shake down" people even begin to question themselves--is this really what I believe, did I act righteously in doing this, am I seeing this correctly. Sometimes things are made known that were not previously known. Cause the Germans I'm sure had been brainwashed by rhetoric and were acting in accord with what they believed was righteous due to the warping of reality, propaganda and desensitization.

Trials lead to a sentence/judgment. The Nuremberg trials were very serious, due to the nature of the crimes against humanity and the utter diabolic cruelty--mass exterminations, complete devaluing of life (except their own or whomever they felt worthy to spare), gross medical experimentations, and an attempt at complete annihilation of God's chosen people.

I do believe the church is under this sort of examination by the heavenly authorities at this time.

On a more personal note, I've been standing at my own brother's side as he is going through a trial--being charged with a felony assault involving a skirmish with his family (actually it was a family brawl--he himself was covered with bruises), and now he says more charges are being added against him...he didn't elaborate for me yet. All things are being laid out on a table for examination. Many facts are coming out into the open that were previously unknown.

Keeping a heavenly overview (seeing things more from heaven's view than our own earthly perspective) is really important at this time of shaking, cause God is at work.

Your own personal call to pray is probably as this sky trek you make--observing all that is going on, rising above it all, seeing God's love at work. Observing things but really keeping a heavenly perspective.

Really appreciate your loving presence on the forum Ditte!
Peggy O.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Dear Peggyo :)
Thank you for your answer.
I'm sorry for not answering sooner.
These are very interesting things what you say.
I'm so sorry for your brother.I pray for him.

I still don't exactly know what the dream is exactly about,but it wa such a beautiful dream.
It seemed to me that God had a great delight in this town just as I had.
Yes Nuremberg was famous for its trials after WWII.I think most people (including me) has that image of the city,when they hear the word "Nuremberg".
Yet it had a grat part during refomation of church during the 16th century.Great artists,poets lived there (Albrecht Dürer for example).
I somehow think it's maybe about God's grace too.
As you very well said the people in Germany had been misled during those awful times between the two world wars and during WWII. :cry:
I always think that in this country where so many things had been done for God,such a painful and shameful thing had happened.
Yet I see in this dream God's grace and forgiveness.

I think there is more to this dream.So I'm praying further.Maybe it's about whole Europe,because of it not being characteristically a German city,but reminded me a bit of England too.I'm not sure about it though.Maybe these are just my thoughts.

And it is also about how great the love and grace of God is for us. :)

Thanks for your help.

God bless you. :)
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

If you have any other insights,please tell me.
I think there are so much in this dream.

God bless you.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Bump:)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi ditte, I just saw this.
As i prayed about it, i thought the church without a roof might be about not being protected or covered, but the phrase, "the church is open again" kept coming to mind.

I immediately remembered Nuremberg of reformation times and how the church was open to receiving new revelation that led to a revival. It was one of the first places to receive the Bible in the people's own language with gladness. It became a center of new technology (printing press) and art and science and was very influential. Since that time Nuremberg has suffered much. So many of the churches in Europe are dead.

I wonder if the person with you was giving you an overview, showing you the things that have died there (graveyard) but that it is returning in spirit to earlier times, like the reformation. Perhaps the church is again open to change.

I think this is a call to pray for Nuremberg, (or the type of city it represents) and all the believers in European cities who yearn for revival.
...that I might know Him...
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

this is what came to mind when I read your dream..

Ezekeial 37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJBKJlA ... re=related

A LIVING HOLY HOST OF A PEOPLE BORN AGAIN.... shewwwww
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

WOW!
Dear Charys and Jen
Thank you!
I've been thinking very much of this dream these days.

Dear Charys,exactly my thoughts.
I think it's for the church in Germany and of whole Europe.
I think the Lord also showed that he remembers those great days.He also knows what happened in the 20th century,but he is gracious and he indeed wants the church to come alive.
It was a beautiful dream and I loved it.It was full of hope.

Dear Jen,great thoughts.
Absolutely confirm my thoughts and what Charys and Peggyo said.
Wonderful video!
Yes maybe we should prophecy to the "dead bones" in the churches of Europe.

Thank you Peggyo,Cahrys and Jen.
God bless you.:)