gold bar

Archives for 2010
spiritledd
Diamond Member

gold bar

Post by spiritledd »

I dreamt i had a round bar of gold it was a cylinder shape about 3'x1'. It was very heavy. I had to carry my bible too... i could not carry both. So i needed a ride home because the bar of gold was too heavy to carry with one arm since i needed tmy bible too.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

As an engineer, curosity got the best of me so I calculated the actual weight of the rod of gold 3'x1' from your dream:

cylinder volume = pi * r^2 * h
h=3*12*2.54=91.44cm
r=1*12*0.5*2.54=15.24cm
v = 3.14 * 15.24 * 15.24 * 91.44 = 66720 cc (rounded)
gold weight = v * 19.3 g/cc = 1287696 g
pounds/454g = 2836.33 pounds

So a gold rod 3'x1' would weigh 1.4 tons!

I searched and found two different Bible verses stand out to me for this dream:

Lamantations 4:2
How the precious children of Zion,
once worth their weight in gold,
are now considered as pots of clay,
the work of a potter’s hands!

In this first verse it is part of a lament to the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem.

John 5:36
“I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me.

In this second verse, Jesus is addressing the Jewish temple leaders of his time.

So to me the gold bar in your dream is something weighty and precious to you that you are trying to carry and that the result of this is preventing you from carrying God's word with you or not allowing you to spend time with the Lord. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
spiritledd
Diamond Member

Thanks

Post by spiritledd »

Wow... pretty amazing. I remember lifting the gold with two hands. But could not with one. Also I do a lot of bible studies and on line sermons. But i have to admitt i lack discipline when it comes reading the WORD. Thanks Brian.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Do you mean feet or inches?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

In engineering usually " means inches and ' means feet so I took the measurements to be in feet. I guess we will have to see what the dreamer says about the intended measurements.

in Christ,
spiritledd
Diamond Member

feet

Post by spiritledd »

Yeah it was a foot wide and 3 feet tall but it was round and flat on the ends... a big cylinder.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Yeah BJ I was just checking, I started to think maybe spiritledd had gotten his ' & "/s around the wrong way - but no.

Gee you must be strong if you could carry a ton ;-)
- don't you love dreams - have you seen Inception yet?
spiritledd
Diamond Member

strong

Post by spiritledd »

Bella,

I have seen have much increase in the Spirit of the Lord. More of Him and His beautiful voice...new giftings...more dreams. More revelation in His precious WORD. And i am really strong... because of the joy of the Lord :)