Oddities

Archives for 2011
piano
Diamond Member

Oddities

Post by piano »

Sometimes I will ask The Lord about another persons dream before I go to sleep and then have a dream that causes me to wonder if it has something to do with the dream, the dreamer or a situation they have encountered.

I have had some of the strangest dreams that seem unrelated to me, but quite frankly, some of them were really intense, so I didn't share them with anyone else.

I do much better with receiving scripture than I do dreams as answers to my questions, but I also do not want to limit what if anything God wants to show me, if He thinks it needs to be given in vision/dream mode.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this occurance, and either know what to share about it, or not know at all what to think about it?

Like any dream, I then look for some confirmation but...it gets a bit complex for me, so I end up usually passing it off as something I ate.

Thanks,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi Piano,

I find that God is willing to talk to me and will do it through whatever means I allow. So, often it's scripture, because I did ask Him once to speak to me a lot through scripture, particularly in giving Words of knowledge to people.

Sometimes I'll ask Him to speak to me in a dream ... and He usually does when I ask.

About the only time I don't hear God speak to me is when I'm asking Him to speak to me about something specific, and it's really late, and He just wants me to go to sleep. I get the hint eventually.

I think God is much more relational than we are! So if you ask Him for something, He usually/often gives us what we want. He's extremely generous :D
janmar
Gold Member

Post by janmar »

Piano,

I can understand what you are going through. I have experienced this myself when I was growing in an area He wanted me to grow in more - mainly discernment and in interpretation. The one thing I learned when going through this is that the Lord can speak in various ways and He told me that sometimes you will not always have a Bible with you, when He speaks, in order to understand so if He may give us an answer on something in another way - then this would cause us to press in more for His interpretation. However, if you read the Scriptures regularly, I have seen that He can apply Scripture to anything that He gives us (we just may not know the Scripture He is using at the time, or we may not have full revelation yet of what He's applying to the Scriptures).

When He says, "I will put My laws upon their hearts and their minds," (Heb. 10:16; 8:10; Jer. 31:33) - He will. There is always so much to know in Him and through Him. I have also found that when He has given me dreams is because there's something that He needs to reveal to me for a lengthy period of time, and if I am running around busy and He cannot get me to sit still long enough to share it with me, He will do this. And, sometimes if I have gotten dreams unrelated to me, I have found later He is asking me to stand in the gap for someone in prayer or He may have a word for them through me and wants to share it (and the details to it); to prepare me to share it with them. There are many scenarios, so it requires much work with Him on intrepretation, discerning, and attention to detail.

This may help you some - when He was taking me through this phase, He would have me write down the dream in detail. I would ask the Lord to remind me of the dream. I would write down all of the details even if they didn't make sense (as you have); but then He would have me go through it in prayer, and highlight with a highlighter words or symbols that stood out. I would then pray for greater interpretation. He would give it to me in parts (sometimes over a period of days). I would write what it meant besides the detail, and once I had all the parts, I would then review it with Him putting it all together. This may be something He may have you try until you get better in interpretation.

The point in all this - the Lord wants to help His people understand that we need to be able to 'see' (or recognize) Him speaking (see Him around us working) under any circumstance, no matter where we are and what's going on around us. We need to recognize when He is speaking at all times - no matter how He chooses to speak to us (you will truly fulfill the Scriptures of Lev. 26:12; 2 Cor. 6:16; He will dwell among us in His Spirit wherever He sends us, Ex. 29:45).

The Lord had revealed to me at one point that when He showed up in the flesh before the Pharisees, they were standing there with the Scriptures judging Him (the One Who they were reading about); and in this, they missed when He was revealing Himself to them - maybe not the way they wanted to see Him, but the way necessary for them to see Him, in order to teach them how to know Him as their Lord personally.

I hope this helps.

Jan
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Hi Piano,

I usually do better when I read or hear scripture also!

But here is a funny story of the Lord speaking to me while using something "unspiritual" to give me a message:

I had been praying and asking the Lord if He still loved me and if our relationship was still okay and so while working at Sears,

there was this one song that always played throughout the mall and i heard the song everyday.
(i usually try to only listen to christian music)

anyway, while at home one weekend the song from the mall kept playing over and over in my head and i kept saying "Lord forgive me for singing this song, i know it's not a christian song..."

anyway, i couldn't get the song out of my head and i really didn't know what the name of the song was so i asked my oldest daughter (who is just starting high school this year) and she said the song was called "Rocketeer"

When she said the name of the song, the title stopped me in my tracks and this is why:

When i was 3 years old, my step-uncle took me to a playground (along with my stepbrother) and the playground had a very tall metal slide shaped and painted like a rocket.

when we pulled up to the playground and i saw the rocket, i was beside myself with anticipation.

I seriously couldn't wait to get out of that car, run as fast as i could, and jump on that slide.

When i opened the car door to get out,
my step-uncle was standing there at my door.

he told me that i wouldn't be going to the playground

and then he told me to get in the back seat of the car because he had something to show me.

as it turns out, his backseat was full of playboy magazines and he decided to show each one of them to me- one by one (i was only 3 years old at the time!)

this began the first day of a 7 year long nightmare (he ended up molesting me almost every weekend or every other weekend until i was 10 years old- at which point there was a divorce in my family and i was released from his influence)

anyway, sorry to get away from the awesomeness of the "Rocketeer" song

The Lord was showing me through that song that I could go on a rocket with HIM!--- this was intensely personal for me because of the rocket i never got to play on--

Later on, i found additional information about the song "Rocketeer". The song was written by a group called the "Far East Movement" and the song was actually written in response to a movie called the same "Rocketeer".

When i looked up information about the movie rocketeer, i soon realized the very same movie was in my house and so i was able to then watch the movie.

the movie is about a guy (who is the hero of the story) finds a jet pack and uses it to rescue his girlfriend from the Nazi's.

Anyway, when i hear the song and watch the movie, i think about how much Jesus loves me and how He has always loved me even when i was a little girl.

even when i was just trying to catch a ride on a silly rocket at a playground!!!

if you're interested in the song it's on youtube. i just typed in Far East Movement- Rocketeer lyrics.

Peace!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I wanted to let those who have posted that I am digesting..and thank you ReBorn for sharing the uniqueness of the way God speaks to each one of us, and for sharing your heart.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.