homeowner chasing me asking me to mow his field

Archives for 2012
LarrytheDreamer
Diamond Member

homeowner chasing me asking me to mow his field

Post by LarrytheDreamer »

I was mowing a man's yard/field with a push mower. The man was older with no hair. The yard was very large. I mowed from the house toward the street.
I came up to the ditch by the road and there was grass on the other side of the ditch by the road but the weeds were high.
I began to make a pass in the high weeds with the mower. As I made the cut, I noticed underneath all these beautiful flowers of red, green, blue, yellow...all these different colors. The mower did not hurt the flowers but exposed them. I thought that I hurt the flowers and became very upset at myself. I let the mower go and as I did, it shut off by itself. I began to walk down the street and left the mower there. I wanted to cry I was so upset.
The homeowner started running after me saying "Larry the flowers are ok...please mow my field" I said something like "I've already hurt the flowers" He said again "The flowers are ok...please mow my field".
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

Reminded me of the wheat & the tares that grow together... I think the Lord wants you to separate the 'flowers' from the 'weeds'. Or perhaps you are already doing this & you think maybe you are harming God's people somehow, but He's letting you know that you're doing fine

Matthew 13:24 "Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Larry,

A couple of thoughts are coming to mind.

One is have you been helping any new believers lately and are worried that you're not up to it and have done damage. When in fact, you're doing a great job. Could the man who owns the field be God Himself?

The other thought that came to mind, is could this be to do with your family situation and you feel, again, like you've done something wrong, but you're actually doing well. You just can't see it. And you need a bit of encouragement.

Either way, I suspect God is the one calling you back.