Dream or Vision?

Archives for 2013
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Dream or Vision?

Post by eyes.enlightened »

Most of the time I can tell when I wake up if I have had a dream or a vision, but occasionally I don't know if it was a dream or a vision.

example: I had a dream/vision that I am standing extremely close up, face to face with a friend. I thought to myself "I am going to kiss him for the first time." He had a small opening between his lips and I gently, softly put the tip of my tongue inside the small opening in his mouth.
I could feel every emotion, like it was so real. I could literally feel the heat and the scent of his breathe, it was real. The dream appeared out of nowhere, just showed up spontaneously. Then my eyes opened immediately.

My :?:: "Was it a dream or a vision?"
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

I recently took a class on dreams at my church. It was explained that a dream was when you were sleeping, and a vision was when you were awake. I believe both of them are diagnosed the same way.
Hope this helps, Special K.
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

SpecialK,
Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you said, but also sometimes it could be a vision of the night while we sleep. For some reason I haven't been able to distinquish the two in this dream. So, it could have just been a dream that seemed so real.

Again, thank you!
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi eyesenlightened,

well you could call your friend and see if he got the kiss! :wink:

If he did it was a trance...Acts 10:10, Acts 11:17, Acts 22:17

If he didn't, it's a dream.

:)
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

It almost sounds like it could be a dream (or vision) in a dream.
If that's the case, I've always been told that you still interpret it the same way as a regular dream or vision. Blessings, Special K
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

well you could call your friend and see if he got the kiss!
Hi LiC
Can you explain what you mean by this?
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

LadyinChrist,
well you could call your friend and see if he got the kiss!
If he did it was a trance...Acts 10:10, Acts 11:17, Acts 22:17
This hit me so strong in my spirit. :shock: What if he did feel it? l.o.l'd That could have been possible. I had never thought such a thing, until I read your post. However, I don't think it is a good time to call and ask that question yet.:lol: One thing I can say, I have learned that it was truly a vision and not a dream that took place.

I am enjoying what I am learning about dreams, visions and trances from your post. I will continue to pray about the vision and wait to see what God is revealing. In due time, I will find out if he actually experienced it at the same time or in the near future. I also read the scriptures about a "trance". I had never thought how you could go into trance and a vision could take place. According to what I read, it appears that a trance happens while you are awake. Somehow you are no longer aware of what is going on in your surroundings when you see the vision. In my case, I was asleep at the time I experienced the vision.

Now that you have mentioned "trance", you have caused me to study more about a trance.
I saw in the bible that three people experienced a vision during a "trance" in the bible. 1) Baalam Numbers 24:4,16; 2) Peter Acts 11:5; 3) Paul Acts 22:17

A trance leads into a vision. It takes place in a different manner from how a vision or even a vision of the night happens. There are so many things to learn about what happens in the spirit, it is never ending. It has prompted me to go back and look at the visions that happened in such manner. I have discovered that I have experienced those types of visions many times. I didn't know that they had occurred during a trance.

Thank you for your response. It has helped a great deal.

Thank you for the "blessing" Special K; same to you!

4ever learning, :idea:

Shalom Rav "Abundance Peace" +
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

I also read the scriptures about a "trance". I had never thought how you could go into trance and a vision could take place. According to what I read, it appears that a trance happens while you are awake. Somehow you are no longer aware of what is going on in your surroundings when you see the vision.
This is true, in fact you got me looking into this further. The glory of God becomes so awesomely present during a trance. I can usually tell when one will happen now. Before I would feel all this and not know what is going on. And so fearfully (not in a bad sense) awesomely, powerful. I would question the Lord "what is that?" "what is that?" The other day when I questioned Him, He said that is My Glory! :) Feels like a heavy thick blanket put over me, and He totally takes over, I could feel wind in my home swaying all around me, and waves (living water) rolling through me, and light all around shining brighter and brighter. Then boom a vision comes, and sometimes a vision doesn't come. But I just love basking in His wonderful presence like this. I usually am laying on the couch or bed when one happens. And probably should be. I never want it to stop, and will often go back to the couch for more. :) Sometimes I can't even put into words what is taking place......But I do know the following scriptures are what is taking place. :)

Ephesian 1:17-20
Heavenly Father of glory, I ask you to give me/us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You, that the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened; that we may know what is the hope of Your calling, and what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of Your power toward us who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power which You worked in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your right hand. Thankyou Father, in Jesus name. amen.
A trance leads into a vision. It takes place in a different manner from how a vision or even a vision of the night happens. There are so many things to learn about what happens in the spirit, it is never ending. It has prompted me to go back and look at the visions that happened in such manner. I have discovered that I have experienced those types of visions many times. I didn't know that they had occurred during a trance.
Exactly.... thats what I realized too!!!!

Thankyou, and let me know anything else you learn.... there is nothing more exciting to learn about!!!

Thankyou Father.

Living in His glory,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Hi, LadyinChrist,
Ephesian 1:17-20
Heavenly Father of glory, I ask you to give me/us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You, that the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened; that we may know what is the hope of Your calling, and what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of Your power toward us who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power which You worked in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your right hand. Thank you Father, in Jesus name. amen.
Thank you for the prayer. I truly enjoyed hearing about your experience. It was awesome, so mind boggling and beautiful. Our GOD is so real, "AMAZING"! I am becoming more aware of the reality of the five senses in the Spirit realm. We can actually partake of them while we are on earth. :shock:W! Smh! :s54: Have you ever experienced the five senses in the Spirit realm; touch, smell, hear, see, taste? Maybe, I am getting a little too deep, but thanks to you. :lol:

God has used you to unlock some things in the spirit that I had never thought about. You have sparked something in me when you mentioned a "trance". It was such an eye opener, when you truly understood the reality of what I felt in that vision. It was sooooo real, I had never smelled in the spirit realm, literally smell. It has expanded my mind spiritually, beyond measure!!! I know that the spirit realm is real, but not until you partake of it, "literally"; you have no idea how real it feels. Like you said, "Words can't express". It is beyond comprehension!

Thanks LadyinChrist for sharing and understanding. I truly enjoyed you a lot!

God Bless You & Family,

Shalom & Love +