The Man Next Door

Archived Dreams from 2018
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

The Man Next Door

Post by ForHisGlory »

Hi everyone, I had this dream last night and I need some help with it.

Dream: I live next door to a man (know him in the dream but not IRL) who has a large pool. I like the owner and I go over and go swimming with others that are there. The man laughs and remarks that I am brave to jump in the pool. After the swim, I spend the evening watching television with the man, snuggling with him on the couch with my head on his shoulder. I fall asleep, and the man asks a woman at his house to take care of me, (undress me and get me in bed) and he leaves. I wake up in the morning in bed with the woman sleeping beside me. I get up and get ready for the day and go home. At home I go down cellar to wash laundry. My husband and 5 kids are home and I have a ton of laundry to do. I have two sets of washing machines and I get to work. My husband is around and trying to fix the problem with the furnace. He tells me that he knows what is wrong, it just needs gas. Later in the day I go outside to have a cigarette and my husband says “Wow, you are doing great, you have been all day without smoking”. I say “Yes, and I didn’t even realize it!” I continue to go out to smoke. Outside I notice people working in the man’s yard and the man is pulling up in his car, just coming home. I am happy to see him and I go over and give him a hug. The workers are surprised because they didn’t know we were dating. End of Dream

I particularly need help with the doing wash and the double sets of washing machines. I have this dream often and I am not sure what Holy Spirit is saying.

Thanks in advance for helping! :D
Blessings,

Mary
male4christ
Silver Member

Re: The Man Next Door

Post by male4christ »

Is there someone close to your heart that you may fear being left or rejected? There may be a lack of fuel or energy in a relationship. Might be going over your head in a situation where God wants you to keep your eyes open to or your not aware of certain circumstances. The Holy Spirit wants you to be awake and prep for ministry for a new release of increase. Let the Holy Spirit stir and clean things by His power to prep you for 2 possible ministries. Your assignment to wash clothes maybe given to you cause you have a double anointing!

Let me know if this is correct
immortalservant

Post by immortalservant »

Pray about this but what I can see in the dream is that The neighbor could represent God and swimming in the pool & being on the couch would be resting in him, being intimate with Him and leaning upon Him. The woman who is asked to care for you is the Holy Spirit and you have drifted off with the Holy Spirit for a time. Upon returning home you are back in the things that cause toil. Coming down to the cellar stepping away from the rest and possibly doing work on your own. You can't do it in your own strength there is too much. Your husband and family need the fire of the Holy Spirit to sustain your house and he has realized the fuel is lacking. As you step outside you return to a habit that you hadn't needed the whole day until he made you aware of it. Maybe this is working outside of God's rest. Smoking fills your lungs with chemicals, and becomes addictive making people feel like they have to have it. A counterfeit to The Holy Spirit which fills you with life and the very air you would need to sustain you. The people working at the neighbors house could represent those you know at your church or those you know who share the same representation of God. That "We must work, to earn His love" But they are quickly surprised by you embracing Him. Because they see that He loves to "date us", be intimate with us. He loves us without our toil. I am hoping this message makes sense to you and speaks to you. if so, ask yourself if you feel like you are trying to earn God's love. This is just my perspective of the dream.
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

Male4christ, thank you for taking the time :D Yes I believe there is a lack of fuel or energy in a relationship, I felt the same thing about the dream. I have thought the washing machines may represent my ministry. I have a ministry of teaching/counsel the grace of God. I wasn't sure why I am always washing, but it doesn't seem like work at all - I enjoy the process - but not certainly not IRL :?

Thanks again for your help!
Blessings,

Mary
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

Immortalservant,

I did feel like the man next door was God in the dream. The imagery of smoking is soooo enlightening - the counterfeit to the HOLY ONE. Something good to meditate on. I have been seeking God for His help for me to quit smoking. I have tried tons of times and always fail - give up and return to smoking. I have slowly over the years come to the place where it must be God alone to deliver me because I am so weak. I felt this dream was encouraging me to rest in Him and put my confidence in His ability. Thanks for your help. :D
Blessings,

Mary
immortalservant

Post by immortalservant »

Awesome!!!take rest in knowing He will deliver you. Don't feel guilty or like you have to work to quit. I'm learning to rest in Him, myself. When we are taught we have to work work work for His blessings, it's hard to remember, (to break habits of wrong thinking) that Jesus paid for them. Nothing we can do will earn what Jesus already paid for. We try to pay a debt that is paid in full! Lean on Him. Rest in Him. He's your shoulders and your care taker!!!
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

:D
Blessings,

Mary
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Two sets of washing machines and involved with two men. Something seems to be double. Maybe two passions that are conflicting. perhaps there is some area in your life that needs to be closed so you can focus your attention, energy and affections on the one main thing. We all get distracted at times but God really is a jealous God because as God alone, He has the right to be jealous.

Hope this helps
PastorJKG
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

Thanks for your help PastorJKG!
Blessings,

Mary