Ledge and deep waters

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
Chambers
Gold Member

Ledge and deep waters

Post by Chambers »

My wife's dream.

At a distance i was following my mom who was following a woman. The woman may have been my sister, but not certain.

This lady leads my mom along a narrow wall. They were walking on the top of it. To the left was land and to the right was the ocean and i knew the water was deep and dark some.

I was wondering what was this woman doing taking my mom that way. It's dangerous and she could fall. The woman was about 4 feet ahead of mom. Sure enough, mom falls to the right, the ocean side. I go after her and jump in the water. My last thoughts were whether to stay on the upper part of water, to spend more time looking for her there, or go deeper in.

That's it.

We believe we have a grasp of the dream, but are puzzled by the narrow wall. We also welcome full dream interp.

She also feels that if the woman was her sister she is symbolic because her sister would never walk ahead of her mom, and not even notice that her mom had fallen further behind because she fell.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Re: Ledge and deep waters

Post by PastorJKG »

Is the Mother saved? Is there some influence that is drawing her away from God? Is she riding the fence so to speak between the world and the kingdom of God?
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Thank you much. These questions helped to bring things further into focus.

Her mother is a woman of strong faith.

We were thinking she was more symbolic and that she may represent a group of people. She has been looking for signs of depression in her mother, but none are apparent.

Further insights reached with your questions, lady had no problems "walking the fence", but it caused her mom to fall.

Outside influence that mom in dream finds herself following does seem to fit, leading to a fall and depression.

My wife does feel deeply and others' problems tend to effect her. She takes that into intercession, but we've wondered if she takes on too much there.

Thank you much. The questions brought more clarity, and the wall. I'm leaning towards the separation being something like with and without emotions. Waiting on more clarity there.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Interesting dream. Personally I see the wall as more symbolic of walking the straight and narrow which is a balancing act in the middle of the turbulent world around us. This dream I feel is about your wife and not about the mom or the sister even though they are in the dream and she is following. This might point to your wife needing to decide on her searching for the same type of walk as her mom. So same question for your wife instead of her mother, what is her belief/faith like?
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Thanks bjcollins.

Going to relay this to her when i get home.

Yes. We had felt that was the case this morning, that the dteam was more about her. It's typical behavior for her to take on others' problems, which can lead to depression. It's kind of hard to help there when she often feels that is what she is to do. I think she knows she is out of balance, but needs more wisdom and discernment in that department.

I'll relay your input and questions. Thanks.
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Hi again.

Right now wife believes that the dream is more about her, but doesn't see herself as her mother in the dream. We discussed the possibility of both being right regarding the wall, and the fall being because she wasn't following the Lord, but human.

When i came home she showed me a text message from a relative she has helped when no one else in the family would. In his subtle way he was blaming her for a loss he had. It appeared it was his way to make her feel bad and get her to do more. I said, you realize it's not your fault or responsibility, right?

She said yes, but she still felt bad.

Thank you much for helping us with this dream.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Sometimes family and friends represent the dreamer even though the dreamer was not the focuse in the dream.
Chambers
Gold Member

Post by Chambers »

Thank you pastor. I suspect the Lord is looking to help her with discerning what she takes on.

Timing seems right on considering present situation.

She is a Christian, has been since childhood, but still growing like all of us.

I've passed your message on.

Thank you and appreciate the help.