Baby and Train Station

Archives for 2009
leap

Baby and Train Station

Post by leap »

Hi there!

There is a dream I had several months ago that seemed curious to me and I wanted to share it to see if anyone had thoughts on its meaning. To provide a bit of context, I had this dream back in June and it's related to my boyfriend, David, whom I started seeing shortly before the dream.

The setting of the dream mainly took place at a train station. The first images I remember are David, a friend of his, and myself walking into the station, taking stairs, walking on an overpass/passageway and then onto an escalator. These areas had a covering overhead but weren't completely enclosed from the outside. The surroundings also stuck in my mind, as it seemed we were in a busy city, and there was a grey, messy construction site nearby. The state of the station also left an impression, as it was definitely not a sparkling new one, but dated, worn down and dirty, as if in a poorer area. I think the whole duration of my dream, David was carrying a baby, whom he was baby-sitting for a friend. I was observing how he was caring for the baby and was impressed, as his focus was solely on the baby, as if was whole-heartedly watching over it. The friend who was with us was looking up to David and trying to get his attention in a way, but David was focused on the baby. I felt content, being around him and knowing the baby was at peace. We eventually boarded a train, and I think we were heading to a fun event but I don't remember much after that.

I would appreciate any thoughts! Thank you.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Dear leap,
As I prayed about your dream I felt the train is about taking a spiritual journey. A train is about people working together and making continuous progress together. Your friend's friend David (which means beloved) is caring for a baby --something that has potential and needs nurturing and gentle care. Perhaps this is a project which is still a dream or in its infancy. Your path is covered meaning the Lord is protecting you, but you are still exposed to the dirty worn-down conditions around you. I think this means you will be or are aware of the effects of sin in the environment around you. Being under construction means that things have the potenial to change. You feel safe and at peace around David.
Does your boyfriend have a good relationship with Jesus? Perhaps this is his friend.

-for your prayrful discernment
...that I might know Him...
leap

Post by leap »

Hi Charys,

Thank you for your reply! There are aspects of my dream you mentioned that I couldn't work out what it meant, like the construction and covered but partly exposed passageway. I need to think it over some more. I thought perhaps I should clarify (I think my wording was a bit clumsy), David is my boyfriend and in my dream there was a friend of his that was hanging out with us (this friend is a random face - someone I don't know in my waking life). My boyfriend although believes in God, doesn't has relationship with Jesus.
leap

Re-post: Baby at Train Station

Post by leap »

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to re-post this dream I had to see if anyone might have any suggestions. I'm wondering whether there is anything I can take from it that might be about my relationship with David.

Thankyou!!