"Jesus, son of Sam"

Archives for 2009
shine
Diamond Member

"Jesus, son of Sam"

Post by shine »

Would really love help with this one if anyone has time to read & give me your thoughts, thank you.

This was some sort of function - maybe to honor . . .not sure.
My dad (who irl, is not a believer) was speaking to a large goup of people that were milling about and near the end He announced "Jesus, son of Sam". Then he went on for another sentence or two. But when he said that, I began having like a prophetic understanding that My Father knows who Jesus is but just has not chosen to believe him for salvation. In the dream, I went over and even said, You know who Jesus is, you've just chosen not to believe. He agreed. I went on to tell him more (don't know at all now what I said, couldn't even remember upon waking).

But maybe just maybe, in waking life, this is significant as to how to speak to my father about salvation.

Sooo, what kind of stonghold would saying "Jesus, son of Sam" point towards?

Any helpers, please?
Jesus is the Saviour
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Just a quick question about your father, is he very patriotic?
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

giggle giggle. . .are you talking about Uncle Sam?

cute ~ hadn't thought of that.

Seriously though, I'd say no on the outward: as in doesn't raise flags on July 4th etc. But on the inside - hmmm?

so what gives?
Jesus is the Saviour
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Yeah, I thought it might have something to do with Uncle Sam, but apparently I was wrong. I'd really like to help you, but I don't know much about your dream. If G-d reveals anything to me I'll let you know.
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Robert159347 wrote:. . ., but apparently I was wrong.
I'm not throwing it out! I appreciate the reply. . .I would have never thought about it - that's why I appreciate the help from other Christians!
Thanks so much
Jesus is the Saviour
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Shine

Samuel \s(a)-

It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "God heard". Also possibly as "requested of God", "God's heart" or "God's name".

Hannah fasted and prayed for a son and Samuel arrived...we cry out for salvation and Jesus is the Sent One who represents God's heart and God's name...

I'd say pray for release of that revelation for your father in increasing certainty that he will come to know the one who loves. Maybe also read the bible books samuel there may be an emphasis you need to glean for this time...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
shesthedreamer
Gold Member

Post by shesthedreamer »

I thought of this guy when you said son of sam

David Richard Berkowitz, also known as Son of Sam

he was a serial killer and arsonist who terrorized NYC
Collosians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

The name Sam made me remember the name Samuel (like charlie said) means something like "God heard".
God bless you.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Thanks Charlie & Ditte - I'll do as you say Charlie, and read the book. It does make for an interesting analogy ~ with comparing the praying for & recieving a son, samuel. . .with us needing salvation and Jesus being born.

This is very deep for me, and it is very important. So, thanks for your help ~ I'll pray in that accord for this revelation for my Father.

I must say, Shesthedreamer, that I knew there had been a seriel killer "the son of sam". . .hadn't remembered he was in NYC, or his real name. But I couldn't for the life of me think of why that would be significant towards a root problem for my dad. Still not sure.
In the dream though, it didn't sound evil. I just remember being shocked my Dad would even start talking about Jesus.
Jesus is the Saviour
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Son of Sam(David Berkowitz). Killed couples.

1 Timothy 4: 1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 {men} who forbid marriage {and advocate} abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

will wrote:Son of Sam(David Berkowitz). Killed couples.

. . .
ok, now that may make some awful sense.
My dad's parents died just a few days before his 3rd birthday. Their deaths were a murder suicide.
However, my dad does not hold any animosity towards his father.
Ugggh, but maybe it is so far down.
Jesus is the Saviour
shine
Diamond Member

Re: "Jesus, son of Sam"

Post by shine »

shine wrote: . . .
, I began having like a prophetic understanding that My Father knows who Jesus is but just has not chosen to believe him for salvation.
Also, it really isn't any news to me that my dad "knows" who Jesus is, because when he was raised in an orphanage, in his highschool years he took Bible class. My mom said he scored well in that class, even reading the whole bible through 3 times.

Any discussions that I have had with my dad though, he only mentions God - I don't believe I've ever heard him say Jesus's name.
Jesus is the Saviour
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

shine, I do not have anything to add about your dream, just want to share that my dad is the same way - he knows the Bible forwards and backwards, but does not believe it and does not know Jesus as his savior - so I know how painfully hard it is ...
Deep calling unto deep
Silver Member

Post by Deep calling unto deep »

Shine,
Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you whom this person is. I sense that your father in the dream is representing someone you know or perhaps reminds you of your father. The enemy is deceiving them and speaking lies to them. Pls pray for the stronghold to be broken over their mind and that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened. I also sense the enemy is trying to get you distracted from something the Holy Spirit wants you focused on. Don't bite that bait. It is sent to distract you. Stay focused! Take authority over that spirit of deception and lying spirit. In reality, your father would never speak such a thing even though he is not a christian.
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Post by wantingmore »

Shine I just checked to be sure and the son of sam serial killer came to know Jesus as saviour in prision.
Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.