Showing Video at Burning Man Convention

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Showing Video at Burning Man Convention

Post by TexasTransplant »

I was at something I've only heard about in real life called Burning Man, a convention for people looking for spirituality through pagan practices mostly. I've recently heard about Christians setting up booths there to evangelize, though. In this dream I was in a small room-classroom with desks and 2 couches. I was at this convention to share Jesus by showing various videos to anyone that wanted to watch. The video I showed was very artistic and reminded me of an interpretive dance but there was no dancing. It mostly showed mothers nursing small babies. I thought it was a very strange video and couldn't figure out the symbolism myself but hoped everyone else could. At the end of the video, the camera zoomed in on a trash can in an operating room that contained 2 women's breasts that had been removed. No blood, just breasts. They almost looked plastic.

There was something about how this video needed to be sort of 'out there' to appeal to these people. I was a little apprehensive about saying 'Jesus' or any other lingo myself but knew the video had used a lot. I assumed they would all be turned off from it but they all politely stayed and watched. Towards the end of it I noticed some people I knew on the couch closest to me. A friend from high school named Dwayne (I dreamed of him earlier this week, we were born on the same day in real life) and my grandmother who's passed away. She was alive and well on the couch and her hair wasn't gray anymore. She was also much, much nicer than she used to be.

Video ended and I asked how everyone liked it. Almost everyone, including my granny and Dwayne, raised their hands. I apologized for the weirdness of it but they all had really liked it. I announced that I would show a different video along the same lines next week. The people left the room and one girl stopped to thank me before leaving. She had blonde dreadlocks and a notebook.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Interesting that the video went right over to the trash can with these two breasts. I am wondering if it could have to do with the receiving of the Word. Perhaps symbolizing going to waste. I cor 3:2 'I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready." I believe this may be about how these Christians approach the individuals at the conventions. They may be speaking the gospel but it may be falling on deaf ears because they are not ready to receive it or simply cannot receive it. There are ways to approach certain types of people. We should take special care in how we approach an unsaved person with the Gospel. Perhaps the dream is signaling a call for a different approach to preaching the Gospel at these conventions. Give them the milk first before solid food as the Bible tells us. Take baby steps.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

Hi TexasT, I get the impression this dream is about yourself and that Dwayne may represent a logical aspect of your own self. I believe the burning man convention is a reference to a place of refining/purging by the Lord. What I see here is the Lord will be ‘showing’ you something that may be a bit hard to understand at first, but the result will be the removing/separating and discarding of some type of imitation/false nurture (breasts) from people or perhaps even parts of yourself. Whatever this is seems to be generational as indicated by the presence of your grandmother. I can’t get out of my mind that this dream is more about inner areas of yourself than about other people. Ask Father to confirm or refute this ok. I also view the blonde girl with dreadlocks as the redeemed aspect of yourself (blonde hair) who is going to be engaging in a type of new Godly alternative ministry (golden dread locks).
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Absolutely possible, that's for certain! Thank you, sorry I missed your reply here FB:). 100% in a refining season currently. So much coming to the surface I was previously unaware of. Thank you for your thoughts.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

no interpretation on your dream, but i was talking with my pastor a few weeks ago about this very subject of having booths at the festivals such as burning man and if it was effective evangelism or not.. As he has worked booths at several of these events before, and his take on it was that the goals were different. In these booths they generally do not have the primary goal to get these people into a church or to in their face present the Gospel message to them out right as they are not ready and not interested at all in that type of approach.. Instead the goal is generally to offer "spiritual readings" which is their own lingo for what we know of as a prophecy or a dream interpretation, then when God shows up and reads their mail so to speak through the prophecy or through the interpretation it is a big in road to get them to encounter the real God that loves them which has lead to salvation in many instances.. Many will leave the booth in tears at least knowing that there is a God in heaven who knows about them and loves them. It is simply a starting place for this crowd.

in Christ,
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Yes, that's what I thought. I haven't heard much about it nor do I live anywhere near one, but the subject kind of just stayed with me a bit after I heard about it on a podcast a couple weeks ago. I don't think he's asking me to go there or anything, I think it was more about the image of a 'burning man' that the Lord was giving attention to. Fiery season :). It's a good thing, it just...burns. Hahaha

Here's the message that mentioned it that sparked my research of the convention. Fantastic message. All of theirs are.

http://www.ibethel.org/podcast/2012/12/18/the-chase