2 parts: books & car

Archives for 2013
bella
Diamond Member

2 parts: books & car

Post by bella »

This dream has two major scenes but seemed to be one dream.

First scene has me in a second hand store, looking around at everything. It seemed a bit of a treasure hunt, and I came across some books that were my favourite series as a child. IRL I had given my whole collection of books away, and later regretted doing it. I also found out that they were collectibles because I discovered that lots of other people loved them as much as I did.

Back to dream ... I came across a stand which had some of these books, but the covers where different. They had books with two different cover styles (which represents different print runs) but none exactly the same as the ones I had. I was excited, wondering if I would see my name on the inside cover, but realised I wouldn't because they were a different print run/cover. I was going to buy as many of the books as I could, but realised I would have a mix of covers and still not get every book in the series. So decided not to get any.

Then there seemed to be a family function of some sort ... wedding maybe.

My sister and I were leaving this function and we went outside. She got in a car (driver's side) and I went to get in the passenger's seat, but the car started rolling backwards. I yelled "what are you doing?" but she couldn't stop it from rolling. I was still outside the car at this stage. It wasn't actually rolling backwards, but was reversing backwards. But she couldn't stop it. There was a metal wall (like corrogated iron) with a shade over the top, behind her which she reversed towards, but the car stopped without hitting the wall.

I looked at the car and it was an older model station wagon and the back door was open and up in the air. It was navy blue.

Then next thing, I'm in the car and my sister drives forward, out of the car park and onto the road. She tried to turn right, onto the road, but the car wouldn't turn properly. I'm screaming "ahhh you're going to run off the road" and the car DID run off the road but went into a side road, like a service road.

At some point I realise my sister can't control the car because someone is remotely controlling it and has overridden her ability to steer and accelerate. Somehow I knew that the people at the car yard where she got this car were remotely controlling it. I felt it was a bad thing, not a good thing.

Not sure who the car yard people represent. They were never seen in the dream.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Bella, I am not sure if this helps but the first portion spoke of change in some regard (different book covers) the last portion may reflect manipulation and control (remote control car).
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thanks Newbie. Just wondering about that idiom you can't judge a book by the cover. And I preferred to wait until I had the whole set (package). Reminds me of the language used when picking a partner.

Not sure what it is that's controlling my sister.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

(((((NEWBIE)))))

The car yard, I believe, is the ministry that she used to work for (the leaders) and yes, the controlling issue. The dream speaks of the effect their control over my sister has had on her and on myself in the area of relationships/husbands: sending my sister in reverse, then sending us both off track essentially sidelining us both.

The corrogated iron construction speaks of the heart of the ministry leaders. Spoke to my sister and she just happens to have been doing a study on hardness of heart (iron = biblical symbol) and in particular was relating it to her previous ministry leaders and looking at how it has affected them personally - self protection. In the dream, the iron construction was a form protection/covering.

What I didn't mention in the first dream post was what the book covers were like... one was navy blue and the other pale creamy yellow. The creamy yellow was like the book covers that I had, but slightly different, and in the dream, they also had clear plastic slip covers over them. Not sure what that's about.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: 2 parts: books & car

Post by bella »

Would appreciate if anyone could insight into the books or any other part of this dream. Thanks in advance.
keilani
Site Moderator

Re: 2 parts: books & car

Post by keilani »

Didn't read any replies, just through your dream and the things that stood out to me:

The books--I know can symbolize knowledge...I was thinking more of the lines that God was going to restore parts of your childhood/youth in bringing back to you the things you treasured.

The second hand store makes me think of second chances or having another go at something.

The fact that you were excited but decided against those books since you knew it was different than yours--makes me think of timing. There is a time in which it will be done, you can be encouraged in that you will see SIGNS pointing to the fact that this particular season has begun but He will be the one guiding (My times are in your hands scripture).

As far as your sister--the "remote" things controlling make me think that the things causing her to do what she does (things that seem to cause you to go backwards (stuck on past issues) rather than progress forward or things that seem to derail you off track, essentially keeping you from getting to where you need to go) are NOT caused by her. She may be the vessel those "things" are using to try to keep you from where you need to be but you have authority and can prohibit the enemy from coming against you through people (binding and loosing).

Hope there's something in there for you....
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.