husband leaving/ fridge full of rotten food

Archives for 2008
t_vest
Platinum Member

husband leaving/ fridge full of rotten food

Post by t_vest »

This dream is just hanging on to me. The pumpkin stands out

I dreamed that I caught my husband cheating on me. I don't
know who suggested it but he decided to go ahead and leave.
I felt good about it though and decided to clean everything to
have a fresh start.

I was cleaning out the fridge and there was tons of rotten food
and it was nasty, I kept pulling out things and wondered how
all this was missed. The food that was rotten was like liquidified
and running in the bottom. I got out a waterhose because I was out side and sprayed it down. I took out the drawers and one thing
that bothers me was a carved pumpkin , it was rotten also and
it was sitting in it's own juices. The pumpkin had lost most of its color , it was now a very light orange almost yellow. Someone had
carved a mans face on it. I don't know who it was but I did not like it. The pumpkin was huge and I don't know how it was hid under
the drawer.

Any ideas , do I need maybe a fresh start?? Or is this a warning
maybe about my marriage.
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

Do you suspect your husband has been cheating on you? (you don't have to answer this question publicly)

Sounds like you have been clearing out things that have been stored in your heart (harsh words spoken, feelings of offense, attitudes that have developed over the years etc.). The waterhose represents the cleansing action of the Holy Spirit and can also represent cleaning by the Word. Eph 5:26 "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word," A carved pumpkin would bother me as well...I believe it is symbolic of deception - as it was huge, but yet hidden under a draw. The fact that it was rotten and sitting in its own juices seems to indicate that it took root and festered by adversely affecting your outlook/attitude about many things.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

i agree with eagles here..... i recently had a dream of a refrigerator too but mine was brand-new with no "junk" in it any longer except for one hidden thing.... i took it out and it was messed-up and messy and i had to ask someone else what it was. The person told me and i looked at it again and then stuffed it back in the drawer in the fridge. Im guessing something im not wanting to fully deal with right now but the rest of that fridge was very clean and new and ive been in a season of Him clearing out "junk" stored in my heart and soul.... so again i really take the fridge to symbolize heart and soul stuff.

Something not dealt with and festering, rotting... i would pray for more revelation on that pumpkin but i think eagles is onto something...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
t_vest
Platinum Member

Post by t_vest »

I have to say that they are many, many ways to "CHEAT" on your
spouse. It doesn't have to be with another person, it could be
just putting your spose last over friends, family, work etc.

Thanks for your responses I believe that you are on the right track.
I am just scared the root proceeded my husband for many years
and some actions may have only added. Love tv