Brad and Angelina again and again....

Archives for 2008
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

I guess I have some researching to do as God definitely is wanting me to pray hard and continuously for them!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

http://www.religionfacts.com/celebritie ... _jolie.htm

Angelina Jolie does not identify herself with any single religion, nor has she declared herself an atheist (contrary to the claims of some atheist websites {5}). The subject of religion has not often come up in her interviews, so her beliefs about such things as God and the afterlife are not well documented.

The most direct statement Jolie is known to have made on the subject was reported by the website A.V. Club (associated with the online magazine The Onion), which asked a number of celebrities the question, "Is there a God?" and published the answers from 52 of them in a September 2000 feature story. Angelina Jolie gave the following answer:

Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either. {6}

So at least in 2000, Angelina Jolie had no specific religious beliefs, didn't personally feel the need for a God and disliked authority-based religion, but was not willing to go so far as atheism and expressed hope that there might be a God for the sake of those who dedicate their lives to religious belief.

Angelina Jolie regards Buddhism as an important part of her son's Cambodian heritage and considers him a Buddhist. She has said, "We spend a lot of time [at our house in Cambodia]. And I’m learning about Buddhism and I’m teaching him what I can. He spent a lot of time in temples with monks and he's learning." {7}

Shortly after adopting Maddox, Angelina tattooed a prayer for protection for him on her upper back in Khmer script (left). She said, "I asked for it to be done in Buddhist Sanskrit, which is part of (Maddox's) history." {8}

Some have speculated that Angelina Jolie is now a Buddhist (rumor also has it that Angelina and Brad had a Buddhist marriage ceremony), but she has not indicated a commitment to Buddhism more than any other faith. In fact, she seems to take a United-Nations inspired approach to her family, and perhaps, to her religion. She is reported as saying,

"I have a Buddhist son and I'd like a Christian and a Muslim child, too." {9}
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

hmmmm...then she needs a little bit of a God encounter doesn't she? :lol:

Get her good Lord, give her a Demascus Rd. encounter!!! Let her hear your voice like Thunder and feel the presence of your spirit upon her ...bring her to the saving knowledge of Jesus!!
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

I had a dream about Brad early this morning. I had 3 dreams and he was the last one before I had to get up and was wakened by the alarm clock.

In my dream I was trying to reassure him, as he wanted custody of his daughter, and that day was a hearing day for him regarding that. I remember reading his points that his lawyer was going to bring forward and i wrote a further amplification in a couple of areas. I told Brad and he said that maybe i shouldn't have done that because it was signed off. I said... ooohhhh right... maybe i shouldn't have....but then it isn't a legal document...just some notes...and i told him it would be okay. Then I gave Brad a big hug... and told him again as i was hugging him... it's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay.
I asked him how old his daughter was...he said 12. He was kinda emotional about her. I said... oooo she is coming into those difficult years... but don't worry...everything is going to be okay. I was trying to impart to him my peace so that if he should not be granted custody at the hearing then he would still have peace about it. I was the only one let near him physically. Crowd control.
Anyway.. .he was sitting in the chair...and i kept my eyes on his... mouthing to him... it's going to be okay... trying to impart to him peace...and he seemed softened and more at rest as he waited.
Then the alarm went off.
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Twelve: Divine government and election; apostolic fullness; discipleship; The Church; people of God; united; oversight. (Gen. 49: 28; Numbers 13: 1-16; Matt. 3: 14; Luke 9: 1-2; 22: 30; Rev. 12: 1; 21: 12; Rev. 22: 2; Ex. 15: 27; 29: 15; 1 Cor. 1: 10)

It's kinda of ironic that you had this dream on inauguration day. The number 12 is representative of a divine government and the whole dream was centered around the custody of his child through the courts and legal system. I dunno.... I've been on and off praying for them as the Spirit leads. I'm beginning to think that we need a "sticky" in the prayer section for these two (as many dreams as people have about them!)!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

yes Brad who was raised in an AOG church.. is now a budahist
(spelling?)

but she doesn't really have one.. that is known.

http://www.religionfacts.com/celebritie ... _jolie.htm
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch