Driving a car backwards

Archives for 2008
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Driving a car backwards

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom- posting for a friend... she was driving a car in reverse very fast and looking over her shoulder to see... I shared what I believed it meant but wanted to see if anyone had any additional insight that could be added. Shalom!!! (No particular emotions connected w/ the dream, she said.)
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I would think without knowing the context of the dream that she may feel like rather than progressing forward, she is going backwards..?

Had a similar dream a few months back and in the natural with my husband's job it did seem like we were going backwards instead of forwards. However, I "knew" in the dream that he was very skilled (moving the car well despite driving in reverse WITH the flow of traffic) and that we would get to our destination.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

I believe the dream means she is going the wrong way and doing it fast. She knows she is doing it also by looking in the rearview mirror the past is looking better to her and she is making a go for it.
Blessings,
Joy
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had a similar dream as this a few year ago and for me it meant indeed, i was going backwards. Not progressing, not making progress.... staying quite stuck and more than stuck because as i said, i was plainly going backwards.

That she had the additional details of going very fast and looking over her shoulder to see... pretty similar thing i would think. The going too fast action indicates perhaps deperation, feeling desperate. Also it is indeed just plain unsafe to actually drive a car backwards at a fast rate of speed....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom! Thank you for your replies! Much of what has been shared includes my thoughts on the dream...
I would think without knowing the context of the dream that she may feel like rather than progressing forward, she is going backwards..?
She has run into less-than-favorable times and feels little progression...
I believe the dream means she is going the wrong way and doing it fast. She knows she is doing it also by looking in the rearview mirror the past is looking better to her and she is making a go for it.
She has shared that she wishes she were back in a certain period of her life...

I had a similar dream as this a few year ago and for me it meant indeed, i was going backwards. Not progressing, not making progress.... staying quite stuck and more than stuck because as i said, i was plainly going backwards.

That she had the additional details of going very fast and looking over her shoulder to see... pretty similar thing i would think. The going too fast action indicates perhaps deperation, feeling desperate.
Yep - she is actually allowing the past to keep her forward progression from full manfestation... and He has simultaneously given her dreams of the glorious future He has in store for her if she could just look forward...

Shalom!!!
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
j4him77
Bronze Member

Post by j4him77 »

I think you've already got the big points and the main gist of the dream. So I'll just add that cars usually represent your area of ministry and since she's going in reverse and fast, she's heading in the opposite direction of what she's called to do. I concur that she is looking to the past and desiring to be there greater than she desires to turn that car back around and go towards the area that the Lord is calling her to.

I know what its like to feel like we'd be better off in something familiar or relive something that once gave us comfort. I would tell your friend to ask the Lord for courage to not only change directions but to stay on track when He brings her to a new place. Sometimes things new are intimidating and she may need some encouragment. Sounds like with her other dreams He's already trying to encourage her that things are going to be better than she hopes and certainly better than her past experiences can offer.

Blessings!

Jaimee