A troubling dream

Archives for 2008
RettaMM

A troubling dream

Post by RettaMM »

Hi Everybody,
Its been a long time and God has seen me through some very trying times since I last spoke with you years ago and I have come out victorious, Praise Jesus. A little background.

For the past three years my younger sister and I (both divorced) were living as roommates. In our family, I am the second oldest daughter (myself and my older sister were given away by our mother and brought back into the family by other family members. I grew up with my mother and two younger siblings. My older sister did not.) Anyway, my little sister is my mom's favorite and all of us have suffered a bit for that. My little sister (we are all in our 50's) treated me very badly when I was her roommate. She cheated me out of my finances, just did mean and hateful things to me and I endured because I had to find a way for my limited money to get me out. Well, I am out. Halleluljah.

Just before I left, unbeknownst to me, my sister ran up 200 bucks of dirty movies on my cable bill. I asked her to pay for them and she refused....told me just let them turn it off. I was very hurt, angry too, but mostly hurt. When I left, I knew my relationship with her would never be the same.

I have been gone two weeks yesterday. Last night I dreamed I was in her apartment, (our old apartment together). I was sitting and I saw a snake. I yelled and pointed to the snake. My sister immediately went over to it and killed it, then another snake that looked completely different emerged. Again, she went to it and killed it. This happened a total of five times. The last snake which was black and bigger and still alive when I woke up.

As I have only dreamed of a snake once in my 58 years, this dream really bothers me. What does this mean. I am in prayer about it to see if God is guiding me to do something or giving me revelation. What do you think?

Retta MM
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Pray over this dream as I am seeing it as a sign of redemption for your sister. And hopefully peace between you both.
Last night I dreamed I was in her apartment, (our old apartment together). I was sitting and I saw a snake. I yelled and pointed to the snake.
You have the discernment to point out the work of the enemy. In this case it may be the snake representing a lie and/or deception.
My sister immediately went over to it and killed it, then another snake that looked completely different emerged. Again, she went to it and killed it. This happened a total of five times.
It appears that your sister will kill the lies and deception between you all.
The last snake which was black and bigger and still alive when I woke up.
I'm not sure if you just woke before the entire dream was over what. If this snake was black and the other were different it may mean that this one will take care of the garden and keep the others out. I believe black snakes are acutally good to have around in real life. Although I have to say personally I wish them all dead.

Pray on the interp and I know you are praying for your sister.

Jesus bless you,
Joy
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

RettaMM,

Howdy, welcome to the board. God Bless you.

Seeing snakes in a dream almost always point to the enemy or to lies. In this case, it seems that your sister has been holding onto some things that are not so Godly in nature. Any time we watch movies that are evil in nature, why are we surprised when we are attacked by the enemy? The two go hand in hand, and our sinful activity opens the doorway to give the enemy access into our lives. In this case the problem will only get bigger and worse before it gets better. Five is the number of Grace, and there is grace from God for forgiveness and to remove the enemy as well. It all comes down to repentence and Godly choices. Removing yourself from the situation will help you, but it is your sister who still needs the help to be free and enter into a relationship with the Lord.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
RettaMM

Post by RettaMM »

God Bless all of you and thank you for taking the time to seek God for interpretation of my dream about the snakes and my sister. First, let me apologize for taking so long to write back. My computer has been down. I totally concur with exactly what all three of you said to me. The reasoning for the black snake was particularly interesting to me. All in all, God has given me peace and confirmation of his message to me through this dream. I have been praying for my sister, but I must admit because I am not a liar that I had not been praying for her. I was still angry. When you all told me to pray for her, you were totally speaking from the heart of our Lord. Forgiveness needed to be a conscious decision for me and not something that I left undone and truly her redemption was what was so important. Thank you so much for that.

I also have something I would like to talk to you about. Years ago, I think 2003, I wrote you about recurring dreams about doberman pinchers that I feared very much and how these dreams went on for over ten years. I had asked numerous believers what they could possibly mean and noone gave me an answer that God confirmed in my heart. Until you. You told me the dreams were telling me of sexual immorality that most likely involved my husband. Later that year I found out that my husband was gay and had been sleeping with men throughout our 30-year marriage. This is when I really knew your ministry was totally established in the Lord. You told me very intricate details about those dreams. Thank you so much.

Lately (for the past few years), I have had dreams that I know are from the Lord and I am wondering what he would have me do. They can be very simple sometimes, for instance. Last week I knew I had to get a perm in my hair. The night before my appointment at the salon, I dreamed that I was at a salon and the gay male hairdresser left the chemical in my hair too long. I took him to the side and told him he was making a mistake. Well, when I woke from the dream, I told my daughter about the dream in jest, but sure enough the hairdresser (a woman and not a gay male), left the chemical in too long and fried my hair. My scalp itched and burned for two days. I knew then God had warned me. I am now beginning to wonder if God is taking me somewhere with these dreams as I have so many of them that come to pass. What are your thoughts. I grew up seeing spirits in my room at night and used to be filled with fear. I no longer have those experiences but I told you that because everyone used to tell me it was my imagination, I tend to doubt myself in spiritual things.

Sorry for the length of this post.

God Bless you all.

Retta
newmom
Silver Member

Post by newmom »

First of all, you should post your testimonies in the "Testimonies" section! What an encouragement!

Also, it seems that God is using your dreams to speak to you directly! I'm not an expert in this, but I don't think it's usually that literal for most dreamers. I just watched "Joseph King of Dreams" yesterday, (because I love that movie!). I was noticing that Joseph had a dream that a sheep got killed by wolves, and it came to pass. Next he dreamed the biggest prophetic word of his life, that he was above his brothers and then above the moon and stars. Perhaps these smaller dreams coming to pass are the Lord telling you to press into him, to be ready for more, you know? Those are just some of my thoughts. The Lord reveals his secrets to his friends. ;)

Robyn
RettaMM

Post by RettaMM »

Robyn

Thank you so much. That is a goog word and God has given me that feeling of peace in my heart about what you said to me. So I will pray and ask the Father to have his way with me.

I took your advice and copied and pasted this testimony in the Testimony section. Thanks for the help.

Retta
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

When I read your post these verses came to mind but I have no clue as how it relates to your dream. I'm just posting out of faith. Thanks for sharing your testimony of how the Lord is working in your life! I just love testimonies!!!

Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.
Luk 11:22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils.
Luk 11:23 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.
Luk 11:24 "When an evil [fn] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.'
Luk 11:25 When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order.
Luk 11:26 Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

After reading through the verses again, I'm thinking that when you were living there with her, you were the strongman and was protecting her and your home. Now that you have left that home, she is vunerable and is trying to defend it the best she knows how. However, she still needs your protective intercession to keep the enemy from invading her and her home.

I hope this helps sis!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”