There may be more to this than meets the eye?

Archives for 2008
Tic
Silver Member

There may be more to this than meets the eye?

Post by Tic »

Ok the is a gift I want to get some one for Christmas, I can't say what it is or who it is for b/c they might find out from this post some how.

I had a dream they only thing I can rember is that the person I want to get the gift for is there and a version of the gift is there. The gift in the dream is old and dusty. that is all I remember!!!

GRRR!

So my initial thought is maybe that it not the right gift or some thing bad may happen as a result. Not that the gift itself is harmful in any way. quit the opposite. When I was at the store last night I browesed the different styles. Came across one that is an antique style, but not the quality I was looking for. The person I am buying for wouldn't mind if I got it from the thrift store or Crete and Barrel. Not that I would buy from Crete and Barrel, but you get the Idea. However, I want it to be some thing that will last and maybe able to be pasted down.

That thought in mind, I started thinking that old and dusty isn't so bad when it is cleaned up w/some TLC. So maybe real antique is the way to go? Any ideas?
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom! I think that because the person and the item were there that it may represent how the person will hold onto the item for years because it is special... maybe not an actual antique but a priceless treasure nonetheless...
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
Tic
Silver Member

Post by Tic »

Yolanda,

I woke up this morning with the same Idea in mind. AWESOME! What if the gift is something that gets held on to and be comes old..... AH!

So, The Kids and I are all out look through antique stores last night trying to find this item. After talking with some of the shop owners, I was told that the specific item I was looking for only began to be made in that way about 20 years ago. therefore, no antique will be found!!!

So I think you are right!

Thanks!!!