Dream of a Sword from Heaven

Archives for 2008
TTyrr43011

Dream of a Sword from Heaven

Post by TTyrr43011 »

:| Hello. I am amazed that a site like this exists. I had a dream/vision this morning as I slept, and I distinctly remember that it occured twice,on seemingly two very separate occasions, but with the same detail. The vision/dream was a sword coming down from the heavens through two large clouds. The cloud to the right was a bit larger than the one on the left. Everything was in a medium grey. The sword touched the earth and the name Barabbas was inscribed on the sword. (My name is Tom) I also heard a voice that said "Barabbas why have you betrayed me"? Needless to say that I am troubled by this, and feel that if I have betrayed Jesus then I am really blind to what I have done. One thing I have read is that Barabbas can mean bar Abbas, or "son of the Father". I am hoping that God in His holiness cannot call me by name because of His shame for something I may have done, Any insight with wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

TTyrr43011,

Wecome to the board.

This is just some notes about Barabbas

BARABBAS [buh RAB bas] — a “robber” (John 18:40) and “notorious prisoner” (Matt. 27:16) who was chosen by the mob in Jerusalem to be released instead of Jesus. Barabbas had been imprisoned for insurrection and murder (Luke 23:19, 25; Mark 15:7). Pilate offered to give the crowd either Jesus or Barabbas. The mob demanded that he release Barabbas and crucify Jesus. Ironically, the name Barabbas probably means “son of the father.” There is no further mention of Barabbas after he was released.
Truth Seeker
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy Tom,

Welcome to the board. God Bless you.

If I had a dream/vision like that I would be a bit troubled too. The sword of the Lord usually means Gods Truth or Gods Word. (ref Hebrews 4:12) Coming out of the clouds to me would mean heavenly judgement. Two clouds representing division or separation. The grey color to me means that this is an issue which you might be considering a grey area or something that is not so black/white. I agree with the note on Barabbas that Truth Seeker posted, good information. You see, the thing about Barabbas was that he really was guilty of his crimes, but he was set free, but Jesus was innocent of all crimes, and he was crucified for it. Now comes the question what is this in reference to in your life? Did you mishandle God's funds in a church or with the tithe or something else?

in Christ,
TTyrr43011

Post by TTyrr43011 »

Thank you and thanks also to Tuth Seeker for the input. I don't handle church funds, but perhaps it has to do with tithing. I am familiar with the verses in Malachi, where God tells the people tht they are robbing Him in their tithes and offerings. I have never been settled on this, because I see scriptures where the people are instructed to bring their tithe to the temple and feast on it, so I may be confused about this whole thing. I have tried to faithfully get 10% of my income to a combination of sources, church, ministries, etc., but there are times I have felt like I was being deceived. Regardless the whole idea of being linked to a thief, murderer, and traitor is troubling. On the other hand,this sounds like serious conviction for sin. I know God is holy and cannot tolerate the slightest sin. I hope and pray that my conscience is not so jaded that it would take a dream like this to convict me, but apparently it is. Thank you for your insight, I will continue to seek the truth regarding this.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Well, the other things that Barabbas was guity of was murder and insurection or rabble rousing which is rioting against the authority of the Government in place which was Rome. Murder in dreams can be linked to unforgiveness or hatred or to killling somebody with the words of your mouth. Leading any rebellions lately? Just some more thoughts.

in Christ,
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

Tom--

I don't think this is a dream of conviction for yourself specifically, but of mankind. If you are from the U.S. it may also be a conviction of our nation as a result of the political election.

I will leave it at that, for it this speaks to you then you can probably fill in the blanks.