Chaos, War

Archives for 2008
talitha

Chaos, War

Post by talitha »

I had a very long and vivid dream last night in which many things were happening in the very blue sky over the city - I remember an airplane and a blimp falling from the sky and a torrent of what seemed to be small guided missiles being launched from somewhere nearby.... People were trying to leave the country, but they obviously couldn't fly out in this mess! I think it must have been spiritual/symbolic, because it sort of switched back and forth between being here in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, and in some unknown place in the States. I remember a fellow-missionary I know named Angie asking me what we (Nathan and I) were going to do, and I told her we were "staying, of course", and she and I helped another fellow-missionary named Michelle find her personal belongings which seemed to be scattered around everywhere. I also remember climbing up somehow on a pole to see what all was happening.

Now, I'm posting in Dream Questions and not the regular interp section because I'm not looking for a blow-by-blow interp, but rather some ideas on dreams like this. I personally have believed before that this type of dream reflects what's going on inside someone - a lot of turmoil, etc., but..... somehow it feels like more than that, and it was so vivid, with very bright colors and sunlight, and I know that many of you have experienced this type of thing, right? What is your take on it?

blessings
tal
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

To me dreams of this nature are showing you from the Lord on what is going on in the natural. In other words, it is a Godly conformation on what you already know, sent from heaven to reasure you that everything is in His control. It looks like there is also an aspect as to what to move toward next in ministry to a fellow missionary.

Personally speaking I don't try to put my dreams of this nature on the board as much as I used to because they are usually highly personal to me and they are pretty much self-explanatory in nature. The first time or repreat highly symbolic dreams that I am working on from the Lord are the ones I have posted to the board. I was archiving my dreams to my website for future usage this past week, and I noticed that I have only posted a total of 8 dreams in this past year and 1 of those belonged to my wife. I have had way more dreams than that, but I either knew the application of the dream the Lord had given or they were bits and snippets dreams or they were soulish dreams so I did not post them.

in Christ,
talitha

Post by talitha »

Yeah I hear ya...... I don't post all of mine either, for the same reasons pretty much.....
It looks like there is also an aspect as to what to move toward next in ministry to a fellow missionary.
Hmm, I didn't think about that, but could be.....

funny, I knew you would respond to this.....

blessings
tal
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi Tal....I have rarely if ever had dreams like the one you describe but jsut recently out of the blue I had one veyr similar called war zone and flight bombers, but I didn't get any feedback on it when I posted it and TBH haven't had a sense of what it means either...

http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9634

I know this doesn't help you but jsut triggered my rememberence when I saw yours...

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
talitha

Post by talitha »

TBH?
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

to be honest... in other words...frankly...
:)
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
talitha

Post by talitha »

oh ok - lol I thought TBH might have been another ministry :lol:

I really think it's spiritual warfare, in both cases.... in yours you were kind of being targeted, right?
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

yep...targetted...

what did you make of the shimmying up the pole in your dream? Getting perspective but also becoming vulnerable...sticking your neck out there...?

charlie
Charlie
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Hi Tal,
I think the Lord is maybe showing you what will happen in the middle of chaos. He's showing who stays, who goes and you climb higher to get a better perspective on things. I think from the States to Honduras is the ministry you're in.
Blessings,
Joy
talitha

Post by talitha »

charlie wrote:what did you make of the shimmying up the pole in your dream? Getting perspective but also becoming vulnerable...sticking your neck out there...?
Actually, oddly, I didn't feel vulnerable at all, and that is paralleled in the natural. This city I live in is known as a very dangerous city, second most dangerous in Latin America, after Bogata, Columbia, by some accounts, but the Lord is showing us again and again that wherever we go, there HE is, and we are safe. Doesn't mean we don't need to be prudent, just means we don't need to be afraid. I think climbing up the pole, now that I think again, is like being on a watchtower in a way. It just felt important that I have a buena vista.....

blessings
tal
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

talitha wrote:
charlie wrote: I think climbing up the pole, now that I think again, is like being on a watchtower in a way. It just felt important that I have a buena vista.....
yep...perspective helps in tumult. Its also an intercessory position...

charlie
Charlie
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Tal, I have these type dreams and while not often, I would say fairly regularly. It's always when I've been praying intensely about a situation (rather than an indivudual) which has far-reaching implications. They are always vivid as you describe...clarity is the word that comes to mind. I call them perspective dreams...because Papa is allowing me to see the 'big picture' through His eyes.

What happens in the natural is an indication of what is happening in the spiritual realm. Not being One to let anything go to waste, Papa uses situations to touch the lives of many. These dreams provide a broader perspective and prevent me from getting tunnel vision. They also provide encouragment and motivation to continue to pray even when I don't see the results *I* expected in the time frame *I* might have anticipated.

Mm...bear w/me here...through these dreams, Himself reveals to me the reason for the [seeming] delay. Always there is someone...some detail...I have not seen...something I have overlooked in the scheme of things.

These types of dreams both confirm and direct my prayers...and warfare...according to His will. I have learned over time to pay close attention to dreams which fit your description...

so vivid, with very bright colors and sunlight
I record these dreams in my prayer journal and direct my prayers according to what Papa has highlighted to me...even when I do not understand the 'why' of it all. And not surprisingly, as I continue to pray & battle in the spirit...(abeit while scratching my head at times)...I am always amazed at the outcome.

God is good all the time.

blessings on you,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17