Curtains put up to block the light

Archives for 2008
leila78
Diamond Member

Curtains put up to block the light

Post by leila78 »

Hi,

I would be grateful for your thoughts on this dream,

I was in a room with my mum and youngest sister. I was sitting not too far from the wall which had an extremely large window and the window of the same size took up the other wall in the room adjacent to me - it was an really bright and sunny day.

A mother and her toddler wanted to take a seat - the only avaliable seats were near one of the windows but the bright light stopped them from seeing properly and the mother proceeded to get some curtains and they were put up with the help of someone else. I sat about 6 feet from this window and the bright light didnt affect my sight possibly due to the angle I sat at.

Later on in the evening it was the interlude at the performance and we sat at the back but just above us some people ( I recognised them as two young men from Church) were trying to fix and so hang down some curtains in the same pinky brown colour - because there was so much disturbance we got up and saw a lady in a long pink, silk type dress tugging and pulling a doll away from a little girl, some people watched in line the rest continued enjoying the interlude.
Blessings,

L.
talitha

Post by talitha »

You didn't say what kind of performance this was at? did you know? (I know sometimes in dreams things aren't clear.

Many times windows, especially large ones, represent revelation, and as I read here the pink and pinky-brown colors are making me think "flesh". Now that I think of it, the word "performance" is making me think flesh too.

My thoughts here - the place where you were symbolizes a church or possibly The Church, and the large windows represent the revelation of God streaming in like sunlight. People are more interested in the "performance" than they are in the divine revelation, so they block out the revelation. (the pinky-brown curtains make me think of eyelids now, hmm) The doll is a childish thing appropriate for a little girl but not for a woman. The woman (probably representing the heart of the church?) is clothed in the flesh, either judging the babes for being babes - or desiring the playtoy for herself - or both......

consider prayerfully....
tal
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

I didn't see what the performance was about it was just that when I got up, in the background I saw a stage with pinky brown curtains drawn so I knew it was an interlude.
Blessings,

L.
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

I also think that the doll might be a toy/plaything for the immature but what about it being a gift and the Church having difficulties with allowing the 'child' - or someone who has the gift or the faith for retaining that gift?

I see that the Church could also want the 'gift' or what that person has but the atmosphere seemed to lean towards the hostile.

any thoughts?
Blessings,

L.