My house has become a reproach!

Archives for 2008
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

My house has become a reproach!

Post by WaitingforHim »

I dreamed that my house (it didn't look like my house though) was filled with all these people...family and friends and children. And they were all partying..drinking and playing and having fun. They were running in and out of the house and eating the food in the cubbards.

I couldn't understand how they got in there. I found my husband and I asked him how! He told me that He gave them a key. I was furious with him. I thought, "How could you give them a key to our house!!!"...He seemed a little disappointed that they would go to that extreme...but yet he didn't want me to make them leave either. I was sooo upset.

My sister in law was there and she even asked me if I could go get her kids something to eat because they had been there a while and they were hungry! I couldn't believe that. I went to get her kids something because I did feel badly for them but I was so angry with what I saw.

Eventually I ended up standing up on a chair and I had one of those big speakers you talk through..I yelled through that and this is what I said:
"The Police are on their way, everyone better get out now!"

Most of them left but everyone was mad at me..a few stuck around and were hard to get rid of...but eventually they left. My husband was a little embarrassed by my doing this..but I couldn't take it anymore.

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

waiting...chuckle...is hubs the extrovert and you the introverted party pooper?!

What struck me is that though the people were family and friends you were unhappy about the level of frivolity...your hubs had given them legal access (a key) and you had to threaten legal means (police) to clear the house...you were also more concerned about the feeding of the nephews and nieces...did they have more (legal through marriage?) right to your food perhaps?

Just some thoughts which struck me....

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I am definately one that doesn't like to "party" with people who do it the wrong way..I am a bit introverted..But especially when it comes to people drinking and such. Where as my husband just kind of goes along with what I want. He agrees with what I say but if given a choice and he didn't know what I would say, he would probably attend the party to just be around the people, not to participate.

There is a real situation that has just came up. We are always invited to a family party each year and they don't just gather to love each other..they drink and act terribly. I don't want my children around that. I also know that witnessing doesn't work with them..they could care less what you say. I watched my mother in law try to witness and the rest of the family speak really badly about her..so she is basically casting her pearls before the swine so to speak. But she continues to go to the parties and laugh at their ungodly ways and all the other kids see this going on and I just think its wrong. I feel that we are to seperate ourselves from amongst them. My husband agrees that our kids don't need to be seeing this so we are not going to be a part of it. But we continue to get calls about it.

The brother in law that is holding the party found out by our mother in law that we don't want our kids around such behavior or drinking and so he waited till he knew we were going to the inlaws house and he made a special trip over there with a six pack of beer and two bottles of wine and came in with his wife and started drinking in front of the kids..I was very pleasant with them and left when it was time but my heart was broke.

I have no idea if this is what this dream is about or not. But I also felt it may be about the church..????

WFH
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

But I also felt it may be about the church..????
Ah, yes! I've studied on this several times in the past week. I'm not sure if any of your family "claims" to be a Christian but doesn't feel obligated to follow God's rules but this verse is talking about the people in the church who say that they are Christian but carry on like everyone else in the world. God tells us to separate ourselves from them b/c even a little leaven is a danger to the whole batch.

1Cr 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1Cr 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

1Cr 5:13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [fn]
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

yes! That is what came to mind. I believe this is a two-fold dream because others from my church have been having similar dreams..

But I also believe that even though we are not to judge those in the world that are living in sin, we aren't to partake of it either. I am hoping that the Lord is showing me in this dream that it is ok for me to take a stand on what I believe is right...even if they are family. But if I am wrong, then I ask that He also show me that.

Thank you NOTW.
Your such a blessing on this board.
WFH
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

You are too kind! and are very welcome! :oops:

Love you!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”