Why Snake Dreams on Board?

Archives for 2008
chrisy
Diamond Member

Why Snake Dreams on Board?

Post by chrisy »

On 12/19/08 I had the following dream. I understand its meaning but I thought that I would include it here because around the same time that I had my dream, two other members of this board also dreamed of snakes. I am wondering if there is a significance to the snake symbol and its timing in all of our dreams.

Here is my dream:

I was standing very, very high above ground. I saw this very, very long snake with its tail in the water, extending from the body of water up to me. I was surprised by its extremely long and far reaching length. I saw the long, fat snake’s body close to me – very close to the right side of my face. It was a bluish green color.

Suddenly the snake’s big face appeared before me on my left - I saw its curved upper body. (Apparently its body was also curved behind me). I saw its face – its big eyes were looking directly at me. I reached out and with an awareness that it was biblical, grabbed its neck (just under its head) with my left hand , squeezed its neck, and dashed it away from me. (I was not afraid - I was keenly aware that what I was doing to the snake was "biblical".)

The scene changed.

I was now on the shore of the body of water. Looking up at the snake in the air at a distance from me - it was motionless. I said, “I am a child of God”. The snake moved further away from me in the distant sky. I said for the second time, “I am a child of God.” The snake moved even further in the distance away from me. It should be noted that the snake did not move on its own – it was as if it were motionless and pushed away. The dream ended.
j4him77
Bronze Member

Post by j4him77 »

Snakes are pretty significant in dreams and could mean a multitude of things depending on the context:

Backbiting
Slander
Divination
False Accusations
False Prophecies
Gossip
Long Tales

In your dream especially with the context of the tail, 'long tales' seems to fit well. Its color could possibly represent pride or envy and it has a long reaching effect to where you are. You recognize this is the enemy pressing in against you and you're able to stand on solid ground and decree who you really are. This is also just the enemy trying to lie to you 'telling you tales' while you're trying to go to higher levels in the Lord. Good job at defeating the enemy!

Hope this helps!

Jaimee
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Snake and teeth dreams are very common dreams also. That may be why there are so many on the board now.
Blessings,
Joy
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Thanks, Jamie and Joy.

I was just curious!