Dreamt i was laying hands on people and they fell down

Archives for 2008
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Dreamt i was laying hands on people and they fell down

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had several dreams that all kind of went into another kind of thing, a little confusing but wanted to share at least one that I felt was of God:

I was in a workplace I think, like a small office environment (which is not my workplace IRL btw) and was laying hands on people and they were falling to the ground, like bam. I think i was saying, "Be healed in Jesus's Name" as I laid my hands on them, whether it was healing they needed or not, and it seems they just fell to the ground. Then i would move to the next person, wherever, and lay my hands on them and pray that and down they would go too, in a heap on the floor.

What stands out to me is that in one part of the dream, the basketball player known as "Dr. J" -- Julius Irving, used to play for the 76ers, excellent player -- approached me, just was there in this workplace I guess, and I laid hands on him and said the "Be healed in Jesus's Name" I had been speaking, and he was very tall, much taller than me, and bam down he went... It was interesting to watch someone very tall go down on the floor in a pile as opposed to a more "normal" sized person. BUt ok, down he goes... he gets back up in a little bit with a big grin on his face and was like, "That was cool!!"

And I was trying to explain to him that it wasnt about that being cool but that God had touched him kind of thing. It's interesting because IRL I am quite child-like and playful and myself use the word "cool" but I did not take on an enthusiasm with Dr. J but was quick to speak to him, almost admonishing him and not smiling and being like, "Yeah, cool!" back to him.

And another thing, I noticed I looked at my hands at one point and they were red or reddish, like they had rash on them and maybe some swelling. I was concerned I had or was experiencing an allergic reaction to something and think I held up my hands and showed them to someone else who was also laying hands on or was just there with me and she seemed to think not to worry about it so I went on laying on hands.
Any idea what that means, them being red? Like irritated, rash-like, as I said... not sure if they were hot or not.

I would be very grateful for any and all Holy Spirit led insights and interps (fuller). Thank you!!!

MW
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

bumping
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

I chuckle reading your "wam-bam down you go" dream cos I know it is all the rage in some circles for some reason, for people to have to go down in the spirit for there be evidence of God's power....you know, usually when Jesus healed people, they got up and were more compus mentis than they were before... anyway that's a side point...

Please consider prayerfully my thoughts and ditch what does not bear witness:.

Your dream...I think you are churning over whether you have a healing gift and I think that this dream is a warning to you that you must move humbly and only do what you see the Father doing, as did Jesus (and he was careful to make that clear) otherwise you may be susceptible to the swelling infection of pride (red swollen hands) in your own works.

blessings
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Oh Charlie, i dont subscribe at all to the "wham bam down u go" thing at all! I dont believe at all one needs to "go down" to be touched bt God and am quite suspicious of those who do but thank you!! for your interp/thoughts! Prayerfully considering, thank u again!! :)
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: Dreamt i was laying hands on people and they fell down

Post by charlie »

Manassehs_Warrior wrote: And I was trying to explain to him that it wasnt about that being cool but that God had touched him kind of thing. It's interesting because IRL I am quite child-like and playful and myself use the word "cool" but I did not take on an enthusiasm with Dr. J but was quick to speak to him, almost admonishing him and not smiling
Oh..MW...I was not suggesting that the wam bam style was something you embraced its just something we see around and about and so it is not surprising that it finds itself into dreams to represent things even if that is not our style so to speak. In fact I think your dream should be an encouragement to you as I pointed out, it is a warning which you seem to have taken on board even in your dream as suggested by the above where you are admonishing a focus on the cool experience...

I'm sorry if my post seemed to be assuming a judgemental attitude...not what I had intended...

IN fact my offering may be completely off course... perhaps others will contribute...

blessings to you
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

God bless you, Charlie! I really appreciate that u had a response at all and I realize u meant no harm.

I am not sure about why Dr. J was in the dream though.... he is the one who went down and whom i admonished a little about it not being about "being cool" to fall down on the floor.... what could he represent?? *thinking out loud* A former basketball pro, very good player, Philadelphia 76ers... he endorced chapstick too... dry lips. Now that's interesting! :) Parched maybe....? Lips get dry when or can, when a person is dehydrated, not enough water intake. Maybe I am reading too much into this though.

God bless u!

MW