Husband Choking

Archives for 2008
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Husband Choking

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Dream from 12/25/08 in am.

My husband, myself and my mother-in-law went to a mall and we walked inside through a store and it was dark and closed, I told my husband that he couldn't look at the stuff in the store because they were closed but he didn't listen. Then a lady was closing the doors to the inside of the mall so we had to go and tell her to open the door so we could get into the mall. We walked through the mall and my husband and I sat down at a table and ordered a meal. I ordered chicken, corn casserole and green beans. I went back to the place where the food was ordered and I found out I could have ordered another veggie and the lady said I could have another piece of chicken instead so I asked for a chicken leg. I asked her why she didn't tell me before that I could have ordered something else. I walked back to the table with my husband and told him our food would be here soon. He was eating a round peice of candy like one of those red/white star mints except it was all white and a little larger. He started choking on it and I am hitting him in the back and he whispers to me to hit him with pushing in an upward position. I am still hitting him to get this thing out of his throat. (I also have a vision of the candy as if I can see it in his throat-the shape of the disc of candy) I am trying to do the right thing and to do what he says but it isn't budging. So then I think maybe I can get something hot for him to drink and it will melt away.

Any insights?
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

DAnce....2 things strike me:
1. hubs didn't listen to you.
2. hubs eating sweets while you were getting real food.

interp:
Are you concerned that hubs is susceptible to being obstructed (or obstructive?) by taking in the wrong stuff?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Not sure, there are some things that I wish he would hear from me but he doesn't listen so the first one makes sense. The only thing that I don't agree with that he does is watch too much tv or we don't agree with watching or not watching certain movies. Thank you.
Dance...
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

dance-in-the-son wrote: The only thing that I don't agree with that he does is watch too much tv or we don't agree with watching or not watching certain movies. Thank you.
Hi Dance...no I was not implying watching inappropriate stuff myself. I think the sweets speak more of petty distractions which affect the appetite for the real stuff and in this case become obstructive. Those distractions could be visual as you point out this isn't one you recognise as a problem, but they could equally be anything that is being "taken in" be it by actions and distractions, listening to etc.

"....but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word..." Mark 4:19

I's say that most of us are choking on sweets at some time or other!! :roll:

Friend...just ditch if doesn't bear witness.

grace and peace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

It makes sense, please keep him in your prayers. Thank you
Dance...