Armadillo attacking my feet

Archives for 2008
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Armadillo attacking my feet

Post by lynnjl83 »

This was the second dream in a series of about 3 that something or someone was attacking me. This is the only one that I can clearly remember.

I had a dream last night that an armadillo was attacking my feet. I was in the basement with my dad and the armadillo had came downstairs. I didn't seem harmless at first so I didn't take it too serious. Immediately it went after only my feet. It finally bite my feet as I was lying on the couch, but I couldn't feel the bite. I could only see that my feet were red and kind of swollen.
I got up because I realized that this was serious. I saw it run over to a mini horse in the room and bite it on it's mane. I was confused to why it was after me. It never went after my dad.
While the armadillo was biting the horse, I got up and ran upstairs, hoping to trap it. I thought it would be slow, but it was fast. It started running after me up the stairs, but I got to the top first and shut the door. I put a chair in front of the door to hold it back, but it was strong. I had to hold it with my body to keep it from coming through the door. I was scared. Dream ended.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God in all its righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Matt. 6:33
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

I used to have a pet armadillo when I was a child living in a tropical country adn it was super sweet natured and affectionate unlike your little dream version!

Here are some thoughts i had on your dream please weigh prayerfully.

You mention repeated dreams of being attacked so I would guess as you probably already do, that there is obviously an issue here that needs your attention.

Armadillo means "little armoured one" in Spanish. This may represent a part of you...the little creature being armoured perhaps represents something on the offensive/defensive within you. Note also ho you didn't take it too seriously... at first, perhaps a warning that you need to be on the alert ... perhaps spending more time in prayer. The basement I sensed may represent your sub-conscious and it is in this place where we tend to act and over react out of sub-conscious impulses-unhealed wounds etc.- this is where the little critter does his business!

You realise you need to move from a place of reactivity to a higher ground (going upstairs) but the old ways keep catching you up and biting you again so to speak. I think the biting on the feet perhaps speaks of hampering your moving forward.

blessings
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Post by lynnjl83 »

I think you may be on to something...I need to go pray about this because I know there are somethings in my life that are bothering me and I don't know what to do about them.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God in all its righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Matt. 6:33
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Lyn... for your encouragement...we all fce things we have to overcome regularly...those of us who are more serious about maturing in Christ become more aware of those things which are holding us in bondage BUT equally we become aware of how very great and gracious is his love and acceptance for us is at the same time. Others may have additional/different insights on your dream but I would be encouraged that to me it demonstrates that you are actively engaged in a struggle to break free...this is tremendously positive. I do pray that you will be filled with Christ's assurance and joy as you determine to move forward in His grace.

I am not sure about the armadillo biting the little horses' mane though...horses can stand for a number of things...the one that comes to my mind here is horse power...little horse power would represent weakness in something which should ordinarily be strong and powerful...hope that helps....perhpas others will have more...

prayerfully
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Post by lynnjl83 »

Charlie,
Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it. The last couple days have been really good because the Lord has been showing me how to get free from this issue. I actually don't have a desire to do it anymore, which is wonderful!!! Thanks for telling me what the Lord put on your heart.