Discovery expedition: Found these things hidden in a closet

Archives for 2008
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Discovery expedition: Found these things hidden in a closet

Post by mynewsong »

Dreamed I was in my childhood home standing in my brother's hall closet which had been newly painted , but there was a small storage-like area with a windowed door built into the right side wall that had been painted over and I couldn't open. I looked in the window of this space and saw childrens blocks-specifically the letter "F"and items usually used by a priest to celebrate the Eucharist.

I grew up catholic, my brother's name begins with "F" but I'm not sure how to put it together.
Thanks for your help!
Last edited by mynewsong on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
I Cor 16:13-14
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

mynewsong,
This dream seems to speak of doctrines or teachings that you learned when you were a child, that are still in your heart. It sounds like it has to do with Catholicism. Pray and ask God to reveal exactly what it is, as I believe it is blocking your progress in the area of the prophetic.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

Thanks so much for responding. I will go to the Lord in prayer over this
My upbringing as a catholic was deep. It was hard to walk out of it, but with the Lord's leading, my husband and I did. My elderly mother is a devoted Catholic and I believe she has not forgiven me for it. I know many of you can relate!
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

A hall speaks to me of transition...and this was your brother's hall closet. Prayerfully consider, could you be called to help your 'brother' walk the path you have walked?

Brother might represent your irl brother and/or your brothers/sisters in Christ.

blessings on you,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

Thank you all for helping me seek the Lord in the interpretation.

I keep going back to the newly painted aspect of the hall. I forgot to mention it was completely covered with new paint that was pure white.

I also looked up the meaning of my brother's name. It's "FREEMAN"!
I never knew that. My mom told me just the other day that my Dad picked out my brother's name when he was born. I never knew that either.

Perhaps the Lord is revealing that I am washed as white as snow by His blood. (white paint). My ABBA Father has called me by name and I am a FREEMAN. ( the F block in my brother's closet). He is showing me a window to my past that is now closed and is shut tight. ( Catholic past). Glory to God, I'm in the hall of transition and I'm moving on In Him.

Isaiah 43: 18-19 Do not remember the former things. Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

I think this dream does have several layers yet to prayer over, especially concerning all my brothers IRL-we were a big family.

Blessings In Him
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

I was at my Mom's last night ( Feb 5), staying with her after her surgery, and I pulled a book off the bookshelf written in the 80's by a charasmatic/pentecostal catholic nun and was sifting through it ................and I came upon her telling about a a Minister - John Osteen ( Joel Osteen's dad), who told her the Lord had given him a burden for the Catholic Church. One day while he was resting in the back seat of his car - he received a vision....
He saw a mountain suddenly loom up; it began to tremor and shake. Pieces began to roll down the front, down the back and down the sides.
As the pieces rolled and the mountain shook, gradually, out of this mountain emerged the head of a man, then the shoulders and then the shole form of a man shot out of that mountain and disappeared into the sky.
Fod gave John to understand that this mountain was His Roman Catholic Church which would shake and shake and shake until out of this structure emerged the free man, freed to the glory of God
What do you think of this vision in relation to the dream I just had? I'd be very interested in any of your interpretations!

What stood out to me was the FREE MAN emerging. And really, I was awed that the Lord would lead me to that book and find that description of a vision concerning the Catholic Church with similarities to my own dream.