Can't spit out the chewing gum!!!

Archives for 2008
sharonrose

Can't spit out the chewing gum!!!

Post by sharonrose »

Our college program was doing some sort of outreach, Lindsey F. was supposed to be driving a trailer but she had never done it before so I decided to tell her I’d drive. I had difficulty driving the van in seat position and problems with gates not opening right, etc. I finally got the hang of it. Then we arrived at our building. There was food set up as if it was after the outreach, on the way to the outreach I had ate some gum coming from a container that looked like cookie dough in a tub. I ate some and when we arrived back at the HMC building I tried to take it out to eat but I couldn’t I kept trying and going into separate rooms to attempt to get it all out. The food was put out everyone ate and then people started to put it away. For some reason I went to Pastor Dave and Jackie (our children’s pastors at church) to let them know that this gum wasn’t good to give to other kids. I continued to try to pull all of the gum out of my mouth and finally I made one last effort to dig deep underneath my tongue and pull it out a big chunk came out then I did the same to the roof of my mouth. It came out too… It left a lot of residue in my mouth but I was relieved for the big chunk to be out.
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

I believe the gum represents something that you have been chewing on (a man-made doctrine or teaching) that is of no substance (has no nutritional value). It is probably something that you were taught as a child, as the Youth Pastors may have thought about distributing it (the gum) to other children. Whatever it is, it has effected different areas of your life (going from room to room). You may have previously sought deliverance from it, but some aspect of it still remains (residue). I would seek God as to what it is and ask that all traces of it be removed.

I'm thinking that it may be something that is still being taught.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.