admonishing 2 speakers

Archives for 2008
charlie
Diamond Member

admonishing 2 speakers

Post by charlie »

In this dream I was co-ordinating/hosting some gathering or other and there were 2 speakers. The first speaker was someone who was a missionary and lived life on the edge of various precarious situations. All I can remember was that this man who was quite hippy looking was hyping up their talk a good deal and that he said he had gone to a desert in Iraq to stay with a lady missionary who had lived there faithfully for many years. As I was listening to this speaker I felt that they were self -glorifying more and more and I finally stood up and told them in front of the whole gathering that they were doing so and to please finish and sit down. In the dream I felt very angry that he was taking advantage of the opportunity to speak in such a way. He shrugged and ambled off seemingly unmoved by my rebuke. I later went up and apologised for the strength of my rebuke but reiterated what I had felt he was doing that was wrong...he remained nonchalent.

The second speaker was a quieter more serious looking man neatly groomed and obviously very quietly determined. He was talking about evangelism and saying very emphatically that the only valid form of evangelism was by speaking and he discounted action and acts of mercy etc as being valid elements of reaching out to the lost. Again I became very angry that he was being so dogmatic about his position and so one sided so again I stood up and rebuked him saying:

"I do not agree with you...I do NOT AGREE with you! " Several times I said this and looked him straight in the eye adn I noticed real humility growing across his countenance and I sensed that he was genuinely surprised that there were other positions to consider based on and according to scripture.

End of dream.

charlie

:shock:
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
talitha

Post by talitha »

Wow....

What is striking me right now as I read this is - what is the difference between the first man and the second man? There is a lesson here, I think.....

I heard in my spirit "rebuke a fool and...." (from Proverbs)

What is foolish and what is wise?

The second man was wise because he had regard for the Word of the Lord. Time in the Word can produce the fruit of humility, and when a wise, humble man is rebuked, he does not respond as a fool......

hmmm.....

blessings
tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I dont' know what this will mean for you but I want to step out in obedience to what I keep hearing.

"You shall be an agent of change"

Love you
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Tal...yep..was thinking of the rebuke a fool thing....but not sure that's it in entirety...I felt kind of uncomfortable having such a strong dream like this but if I'm honest i do often feel angry that some teachers lack humility/insight etc....I don't want to be judgemental or critical but the people of God need truly humble teachers/missionaries etc....I think this may be a subconscious angst coming out in my dreams but...
Waiting...those words sounded a note which rang in my spirit...not sure what it will mean in practice but it rang a note...

thanks...if you get anything else just share...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3