REPOST: Riding a Bike - 12/31/08

Archives for 2008
NOTW
Diamond Member

REPOST: Riding a Bike - 12/31/08

Post by NOTW »

I've been asking the Lord for a dream regarding our New Year's Eve service tonight and so...

There are many parts to this dream but I want to focus on two...

I'm riding a red bicycle, w/ black tires about 3 inches wide (bigger than normal tires). The bike is very tall and I'm aware that if I fall off, it will hurt b/c the height of the bicycle is twice as high as a regular bicycle. So, I'm riding this bicycle to the event at my church and I'm riding it down the same road that my church is on. I'm thinking that I don't want to be late so I need to hurry. I'm peddling very fast but I'm a little scared b/c I don't want to fall.

As I'm riding down the road, there are 4 people on bicycles coming my way and driving on the wrong side of the road! (My side) It was a woman and 3 children. I was able to drive through them without incident and had to place my hand on the woman's sholder as I rode by to steady myself.

I continue driving and there are these kids that are all over the road. There are 4 of them also. I barely miss wrecking and I was actually going into a curve and had to lean far right to avoid taking a spill. Next, there were 4 young black men ahead on the same kind of bikes that I was on. I knew that I was about to pass them b/c I was peddling faster than they were. Well for some reason they didn't want me to pass them and they tried to make me wreck. I even was pushed off the side of the road and had to ride in the grass a short ways. I was very frustrated and was asking them why they wouldn't just leave me alone. Anyway, somehow I passed them and continued to my church.

I made it to church, parked my bike, and signed this sheet stating that I was in attendance (I was still a little late though). As I enter the church, I'm looking around for people that I go to church with and I see several people from the community (but who do not attend my church). I notice that our church now has stadium seating (IRL it doesn't) and I try to settle in a pew and get my mind focused on worshipping God. The person leading worship was very disturbing and she was rubbing her chest and then drinking alcohol and spewing it out. I was very upset about this and then I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt b/c maybe she was doing a skit that would reveal God's hand. (B/c I came in late, I wasn't sure if it was announced that it was a skit or not.)

Any input would be very welcomed and appreciated!
Last edited by NOTW on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Bumping... :?:
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
Travis
Silver Member

Post by Travis »

After reading your dream what came to mind was healing. I saw a child that had a hard time when growing up and may have seen some bad stuff. I saw God wanting to heal the wounds of the past.

I may be wrong but I believe that God is wanting to heal some areas of your life.
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Thanks Travis - I had a great childhood. My parents have been married for over 30 years and my dad is very gentle and loving and my mom has never let me lack for anything. I don't think this is what the dream means. Thank you for putting your inquiry out there though! Many blessings to you!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

bumping again...
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)