ruby slippers shelved

Archives for 2008
Jewels sunshine

ruby slippers shelved

Post by Jewels sunshine »

Dream.
There was a house i was in.. and getting in there , into the interior u had to go through two entry ways. One was small forum like. U would walk in and it looked like a closet. and u walk through and it would take u in to the house, Then u would go into a longer closet like hall that had shelves from top to bottom full of stuff. Just stuff, from top to bottom. alot of it looked like nicks knacks and things one would collect over a long pierod of time. I saw severeal pairs of Red ruby like slippers. ( in real life i have thease boots that are red glass. They look like something like Dorthys ruby slippers in the movie ' The "Wizard of oz" but are old and belonged to my grandma) Thease ones looked a littel diffrent in style but were basically the same. They are small, made of red glass.
I also am at some kind of mall or shopping center it seems with a baby. THere a plot to this but i cant recall anymore.
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

hmm.. feet shod with the gospel.. the gospel is the knowledge of man needing the blood sacrifice for our sin.. so I just wonder..
is God trying to encourage you with something? like perhaps showing you that you will teach babies about the gospel?
even the babies that are your own.. you are raising up in the knowledge of Jesus.. and what He did for us... and the knowledge that we walk in what He did.. just because He loved us.
maybe you will teach your children this.. and other children as well?
the fact that things were old.. like your grandmothers.. speaks to me of heritage... this is your heritage in the Lord! COOOL!
well toss what doesn't bear witness, ok?
Shalom Shalom!
Jen
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
talitha

Post by talitha »

there's no place like home??
Jewels sunshine

I know that Ruby Slippers had power. A power unknown to the wearer' Dorthoy" to take her home. Of course the evil witches coveted this power for themselves.
The shoes were a little diffrent in style then the real nicknack i have. They looked more like womans shoes.... where the item i have looks like boots.
There were other things on thease shelves.... but thi is what stood out. Im wondering about the whole picture of the dream then just the shoes.
Walking through a closet like forum that resembles a small tunnel to get to the interior of the house.
Then there was something about me shopping.
Again if i could recall more of my dreams it would be better to understand them but this is the best i have got.
I do want to point out that in the last dream i had that had recall was of me being pulled into a tornado. ANOTHER theme from the Movie.
Hmmm..... Tornado,, and the ruby slippers..... There seems to be something here...but WHAT? :shock:
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

Post by WingsofHealing »

Hi Jewels! i havent been here in quite awhile........

ok, you have walked through a forest of despair and look you have made it! Truly think of yourself as dorthy... but you are jewels. Have you ever been cowardly? I know i have, but you have grown stronger in courage than ever. Have you ever felt like you hadnt a heart, well you have an awesome heart! and then there is the times we or you have felt like there was not a brain in our heads, but though i havent been in here for awhile, I KNOW you have grown though all the poo poo that either you stepped in or around. (spiritualy that is)... those ruby slippers are HIS blood that has covered your brick road that you have walked on. If i were you, i would go to the store and in a spiritual way, REALLY put on a pair of nice red shoes and say something like this
i put on YOUR shoes Jesus, your shoes that have kept me save. YOur shoes that signify your blood has covered my path, in the hard times and even harder times...
you (jewels) need to know that at our church the theme wizard of oz has been brought up several times.
though the term wizard is not good, well in this movie and if most of us dream of someone behind the curtain if most certainly would be our own self. We have the courage, the brains and the heart to get us to where we are going, OF COURSE BY JESUS giving us those 3 items....

i pray you dont go into that field where they all fell asleep...... yikes
and dont be afraid of those monkeys (demons) etc etc
BLESSINGS SIS

nicole
May we ALL FIND the healing in the Lords wings and be still to absorb all we can.
Jewels sunshine

Thank u Nicole....Great words... It dream does seem to fit ugh?
It does seem to be a theme about the tornado andf then the slippers...
The wizard of Oz has been coming up at your church? Can u share with us how?
If thats the case that seems to be a pattern and that tells me this may have really been of the Lord.
Its interesting how in the dream the shoes were lady like as they are in the movie. The glass shoes i have IN real LIfe here are boot like. They are small,., little knickacks made of red glass. They have alwayes reminded me of Dorthys shoes but the style was off. In the dream they looked like the knicknack except the style was as in the movie.Thanks to all.....Nicole , Tal and Jen... :wink:
galena
Silver Member

Post by galena »

That was also what came to my mind! "There is no place like home".

Did the hallway with the shelves of stuff seem very restrictive? like a narrow place? (not so comfortable)

Your use of the term "slippers" gave me a contrast of comfort.
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

Post by WingsofHealing »

well the first thing that happened was this: i took 2 of my friends in the small hallway out side our sanctuary and as we walked in, i sang something like we are off to see our Saviour, our wonderful Saviour of love.. something like that to the tune of we are off to see the wizard then during our worship time our pastors wife spoke about the 3 on the road to oz and how God took what they thought they didnt have BUT all the while they always had it.
then i spoke up and said what we did upon coming into the sancutary.....
see i do what i think are silly little things frequently and then find out they have some sort of spiritual signifigance. Almost if not everything we see on t.v, everything we see around us, in nature, everywhere can be or has spiritual side to it. The Lord speaks to my spirit all the time........ i get comments during the day or read billboard etc that the HOLY SPIRIT is communicating through....
hope this helps sis..
May we ALL FIND the healing in the Lords wings and be still to absorb all we can.
talitha

Post by talitha »

I was just looking through the list of dreams, and the word "shelved" is really standing out to me......

shelve (shlv)
v. shelved, shelv·ing, shelves
v.tr.
1. To place or arrange on a shelf.
2. To put away as though on a shelf; put aside: "As usual, Dixon shelved this question" Kingsley Amis.
3. To cause to retire from service; dismiss.
4. To furnish or outfit with shelves.

shelve - synonyms:
hold back to a later time
; "let's postpone the exam"
postpone, prorogue, put off, defer, set back, table, put over, remit, hold over
delay - act later than planned, scheduled, or required; "Don't delay your application to graduate school or else it won't be considered"
call - stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather; "call a football game"
hold - stop dealing with; "hold all calls to the President's office while he is in a meeting"
suspend - render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
probate - put a convicted person on probation by suspending his sentence
reprieve, respite - postpone the punishment of a convicted criminal, such as an execution

I know that's a lot - I just wanted to give you the opportunity to look over it all and see if anything stood out - I don't know whether this is about you being shelved (the slippers representing you) or the idea that you have power (powerful slippers of Oz) being shelved, or what? maybe you know? I just feel certain that your choice of the word "shelved" is significant.

blessings
tal
Jewels sunshine

The only thing i can think this could mean is that in ' The house"( Fathers house?) that in THE CLOSET i have power that has at this time been shelved or put away.
Thats what i thought of because the shoes are a power source. Dorthoy had no idea of what they could do till the end.
Is there any signifigant chance this is a pizza dream or the real thing?
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

Post by WingsofHealing »

jewels, i personally DONT believe in pizza dreams.
The Lord communicates preciously with you because HE love too!
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi Jewels,

A closet is a place where there are things waiting “to be put on.”

The ruby slippers are like the little glass ones you own irl because God chose something precious to convey to you that He wants to give you something precious.

You have a destiny in Christ, but you have a couple things you have to walk through which is when you will “put on” the things God will provide that are required to “walk” into your destiny.

I believe the knickknacks are just a lot of “clutter” that are filling your life, not important to your destiny. Good to keep them “shelved.”

You will walk into a new “ministry” that will impact others for Christ (the mall).

There’s always a “plot,” isn’t there? LOLOL.

I think perhaps the fact the one’s you have irl were owned by your Grandma has to do with your spiritual inheritance, and perhaps your family’s spiritual inheritance. Perhaps there is a spiritual calling on your family, and you are being given the opportunity to walk into it.

Ruby red – the passion and love of God. This is something God is passionate about and you will be, too.

GREAT DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be blessed,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Jewels sunshine

Hi LILY.
Its interesting that u called the Ruby slippers " precious". I dont think i really said that in my post but the fact is they are. They belonged to my grandma who i deeply loved. Because of grandma i had acess to the gospel. She was not one learned in the scriptures but used to watch Billy Graham and i watched it with her. She bought me a picture bible i have to this day... i was maybe 6 or 7. Grandma also showed me unconditional love and was one of the most unselfish persons i have ever known. The little glass slippers belonged to her. They are broken in one place so may not be valubale to a collector but because if their age and possible rarity and that they were hers i value them.
MY grandma used to talk about a aunt of hers that at church was so caught up she would walk on the back of chairs( if memory serves me right). There may be a spiritual inheritence there im unaware of. Thanks to all, Nicole,. Jen . Talitha for ur valuable and encouraging input. It seems its a concensus that this si meant to be a positive dream. :roll:
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Im sorry i dont wantt o annoy people.But heres another one that may have something oto do with the deliverence im currently going through.
Remember i started this for Ben. I belived this so called ' autism' came through my grandmas line..
The one who owned the ruby glass slippers :|
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Generational deliverence?
In a closet are old unused sometimes forgotten items. In this also were the glass slippers.The closet i think went from one place to another...
In my generational deliverence we have adressed my grandmothers family line.The slippers is what stood out to me.
The closet may represent junk from the past..but the slsippers may have represented my grandmas family line that was predominat.
Again.. i mya be reaching here.... it may be just a silly dream or have another meanigmg altogether. But it does seem to ' fit"though ugh?
I also think the duplicate slippers may or could mean we need to go through this is family lines more then once......