Dream....

Archives for 2008
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Dream....

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I didnt know how to title this one and I almost dismissed it until I woke up and had this old song in my head, from a TV show. The song was this (I am including it because I think it is relevant):

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

I had a few dreams but this one was this: my doctor called me on the phone and was upset about something in her personal life. One of her children quit school or something and she was rather frantic. I asked her what school her kid went to and it happened to be the same little elementary school that i went to years ago.

I seemed to be trying to help her and told her i happened to know someone (at least one person) who worked at the school and might be able to help get her child back in and help works things out, etc. I noticed she (the doctor) was on the phone at either an odd time or when she should have been doing something else and I commented on this. Her reply was something to the effect that she went out of her way to get to speak with me... like she felt I could help her and it didnt matter if she missed her lunch, or whatever else.... she wanted to speak to me.

I remember that i accidentally swallowed or almost swallowed something and it came back up my throat out of me, I think.... (IRL i have been praying to be delivered from fear and I feel it is lodged in my throat area).

IRL I like this doctor very much... she is about my age (34) and has been a great blessing to me.... she has always been very kind, understanding and patient with me. I felt it was of significance that she was the one in the dream wanting to speak with me (doctor).
Then the song I woke up with....

I have been impressed by many of the interps I have seen on this board and thought I would submit this little dream for any additional and Spirit-led insights. God bless you all!

-MW
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

want to add....

I want to add that i had a really hard time in life.... i say this not to illicit pity but to highlight what I think God is doing and so others can be blessed...

I had a very, very hard time.... no need to get into big detail but i will say by the time i was a junior in high school, i was daily dreaming of ways to kill myself and in tremendous pain in a myriad of ways. My family did not know how to love me either and i was suffering so greatly that it honestly is a miracle i made it thru all those years. I ended up going to a psych hospital when I was 16 -- funny, today i WORK at one! -- which meant i had to leave my regular school and friends.

When i left to go to the psych hospital, i lost every single friend i thought i had had; noone would talk to me anymore or have anything at all to do with me. This devastated me.... i was absolutely shattered, on top of already having a really rough time. People said terrible things about me behind my back, made up lies and all kinds of junk. It all got back to me... and i remember how i cried... it just destroyed me and the pain stayed with me for many years after this time....

Now it is 18 years later and this dream and some other things.... it seems like God is turning it all around... and making my story a real life Joseph one.....

Genesis 50:19-20: Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? 20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

This little dream I had last night seemed like some more confirmation.....

Praise Him!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The song was from the 1975-1979 TV show Welcome Back Kotter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_Back_Kotter

Where a high school teacher returns to his roots in Brooklyn NY because he wants to help the kids that nobody else wants to help.

Welcome Back Kotter Theme Song Lyrics:
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

in Christ,
Last edited by bjcollin on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Thanks for the link, Bj.....

I felt the theme song lyrics were of the most significance BUT.... the show was slightly before my time.... i did not realize the teacher was once a student himself, hmmm....

In my senior year of high school, i felt i had to leave my regular school and not return due to my having been abandoned by all who knew me... the new school i went to was an "alternative" one, where troubled kids went.... It is still in existence today, and i was just right near it on Wednesday! I went to visit someone from my church and she happens to live right off the road it is on! I use exclamations because i felt something was up with that, that i was traveling and going to be right in the vicinity of that school...

I had not been near there in years.... interesting.

Well I am going to school to be a Nurse (RN) per His instructions, but maybe He will have me working with troubled kids too.... i have already dealt with them when i worked as a Camp Nurse at a camp for inner city children, many of whom were troubled. Interesting stuff...! I think if u had asked me back then, when i was a teen-ager, i never would have guessed in a million years that i ever would amount to anything. Is really a miracle that i made it to this point at all. Well, Praise the Lord...!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Powerful. God will a lot of times take people through something just to have them come back and then begin to teach others what He has brought them through. Testimony with purpose. Keep listening to what God would have you do for him through this. God Bless you.

in Christ,