Perciplous

Archives for 2008
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Perciplous

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

I heard in my dream the word " perciplous'. In the dream i saw round,,, face. It looked featurless, with no hair,, almost like a crude face drawn by a child.
The words is a city in Ancient Iran. Imnot sure what that means for me though as i dont know if even heard of it before the dream.
I did take note it seems ( check it and see if true) Iran is considered part of the Orient. I do dream of Orinetal people from time to time.
If this means anything its a mystery..... :roll:
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Hi Jewels,
Here is what I feel like the Holy Spirit is revealing. As always pray over this.

perciplous - In hearing in dreams it is hard to then spell the word out properly so I am hearing that this is from the word perceive, which according to Mr. Webster means to become aware of through the senses of the understanding.

With that and the child like face I was taken to this verse:

Matthew 18:3-5 (King James Version)
3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Main Entry: per·cep·tion
Pronunciation: \pər-ˈsep-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin perception-, perceptio act of perceiving, from percipere
Date: 14th century
1 a: a result of perceiving : observation b: a mental image : concept
2obsolete : consciousness
3 a: awareness of the elements of environment through physical sensation <color perception> b: physical sensation interpreted in the light of experience
4 a: quick, acute, and intuitive cognition : appreciation b: a capacity for comprehension
synonyms see discernment

I believe the Holy Spirit may have given you this dream to remind us all to become as little children and humble ourselves before the Lord Jesus. Precious dream.

Blessings,
Joy
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Wow,, that wasent what i was expcting.
I guess im trying to figure out what does it mean for me :roll: ./
talitha

Post by talitha »

bump 8)
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Ok thanks.
from what im understanding from my prayer partner from Aslans place thisi may really be the word perciplous. Thats a ancient city in Iran.
Its a word i wasetn really aware of( though i have probably heard it from somewhere) and did not use at all in my normal vocabulary and it came forth in this dream
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi Jewels,
I found this:

PERSEPOLIS (noun)
The noun PERSEPOLIS has 1 sense:

1. an ancient city that was the capital of the ancient Persian Empire; now in ruins
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Jewels,
I also seen that there was a book written by the same name.
Here is the editorial review of the book.
From Publishers Weekly
Satrapi's autobiography is a timely and timeless story of a young girl's life under the Islamic Revolution. Descended from the last Emperor of Iran, Satrapi is nine when fundamentalist rebels overthrow the Shah. While Satrapi's radical parents and their community initially welcome the ouster, they soon learn a new brand of totalitarianism is taking over. She idolizes those who were imprisoned by the Shah, fascinated by their tales of torture, and bonds with her Uncle Anoosh, only to see the new regime imprison and eventually kill him. Thanks to the Iran-Iraq war, neighbors' homes are bombed, playmates are killed and parties are forbidden. Satrapi's parents, who once lived in luxury despite their politics, struggle to educate their daughter. Her father briefly considers fleeing to America, only Satrapi's art is minimal and stark yet often charming and humorous as it depicts the madness around her.to realize the price would be too great. "I can become a taxi driver and you a cleaning lady?" he asks his wife. Iron Maiden, Nikes and Michael Jackson become precious symbols of freedom, and eventually Satrapi's rebellious streak puts her in danger, as even educated women are threatened with beatings for improper attire. Despite the grimness, Satrapi never lapses into sensationalism or sentimentality. Skillfully presenting a child's view of war and her own shifting ideals, she also shows quotidian life in Tehran and her family's pride and love for their country despite the tumultuous times. Powerfully understated, this work joins other memoirs-Spiegelman's Maus and Sacco's Safe Area Goradze-that use comics to make the unthinkable familiar.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From School Library Journal
Adult/High School-Marji tells of her life in Iran from the age of 10, when the Islamic revolution of 1979 reintroduced a religious state, through the age of 14 when the Iran-Iraq war forced her parents to send her to Europe for safety. This story, told in graphic format with simple, but expressive, black-and-white illustrations, combines the normal rebelliousness of an intelligent adolescent with the horrors of war and totalitarianism. Marji's parents, especially her freethinking mother, modeled a strong belief in freedom and equality, while her French education gave her a strong faith in God. Her Marxist-inclined family initially favored the overthrow of the Shah, but soon realized that the new regime was more restrictive and unfair than the last. The girl's independence, which made her parents both proud and fearful, caused them to send her to Austria. With bold lines and deceptively uncomplicated scenes, Satrapi conveys her story. From it, teens will learn much of the history of this important area and will identify with young Marji and her friends. This is a graphic novel of immense power and importance for Westerners of all ages. It will speak to the same audience as Art Spiegelman's Maus (Pantheon, 1993).
Susan H. Woodcock, Fairfax County Public Library, Chantilly, VA
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.
I don't know if this will help but thought I would post it for you.
It was interesting because this story is about a child. And it seems to mention "art" in this statement:
Satrapi's art is minimal and stark yet often charming and humorous as it depicts the madness around her.[/b]
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

I ran acrossed this is my study and research but what would that have anything to do with me?
Asalns place deals with generatinal sin dating back a long time. I know some will question it but its helped me alot and i have seen Ben change.
Perciplous was a real city that was the festival and spiritual center of preislamic Iran. Back at that time the religion of the region was Zorastriianism. A relgion on the surface that was similar to the Judeo Christan beliefs. But of course is a false religion. At that time though other strange things were afoot such as Fire alters and fire temples where there is still a element of mystery about what this was all about. Alexander the Great destroyed perciplous and thus i dont think they really know yet about everything of that time peirod.
Im not sure what its about but my prayer partner really things there is something about this dream that needs prayed about. I hope its not a rabbit rail. I have asked God to show us if it is.